Is the next Great Awakening at hand?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
School aims to re-teach civics with focus on faith - Yahoo! News

GEORGETOWN, Ky. – Call it vacation Bible school, Glenn Beck-style.

Some three dozen kids ages 10 to 15 are spending five nights this week learning what organizers — some with tea party ties — say they won't hear in school about the Constitution, the founding fathers and the role of faith in the birth of the United States.

"If we're going to take our country back, we've got to remember where we came from — not only as adults, but we need to teach our children," said Tim Fairfield, one of the teachers, who wore a three-cornered hat at the opening class of Vacation Liberty School. It's held in a church basement in Georgetown, a city just north of Lexington that is the site of a major Toyota assembly plant.

The curriculum includes lessons like "equal rights, not equal results," "recognize men don't create rights — only God," and "understanding falsehoods of separation of church and state."

And organizers say the program has drawn interest from people looking to start new chapters in Ohio, Colorado, New York, Florida and other communities in Kentucky.

It's is an offshoot of the 9/12 Project, inspired by Beck, the conservative commentator, who had no direct role in the planning of the Kentucky school. Beck declined comment.

The project, which seeks to unify Americans around nine values — including honesty, hope and sincerity — and 12 principles, was behind some of the raucous protests at health care forums around the country last summer.

fear.gif

I wonder WHERE in the Bible did God create "rights" or inalienable rights for us Avatar? I can't find them anywhere, yet we keep saying in our Declaration of Independence that Nature's God, or the Creator did such.....?

This is NOT Biblical teachings as far as I can discern...and appears to be man-made in the guise of God?

I wonder WHERE in the Bible did God create "rights" or inalienable rights for us Avatar? I can't find them anywhere, yet we keep saying in our Declaration of Independence that Nature's God, or the Creator did such.....?

This is NOT Biblical teachings as far as I can discern...and appears to be man-made in the guise of God?

"We find these truths to be self-evident. . ."

"We find these truths to be self-evident. . ."

We exist therefore we are somehow created...The meaning of the phrase is not dependent upon a belief in God at all.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Some three dozen kids ages 10 to 15 are spending five nights this week learning what organizers — some with tea party ties — say they won't hear in school about the Constitution, the founding fathers and the role of faith in the birth of the United States.

"If we're going to take our country back, we've got to remember where we came from — not only as adults, but we need to teach our children," said Tim Fairfield, one of the teachers, who wore a three-cornered hat at the opening class of Vacation Liberty School. It's held in a church basement in Georgetown, a city just north of Lexington that is the site of a major Toyota assembly plant.

The curriculum includes lessons like "equal rights, not equal results," "recognize men don't create rights — only God," and "understanding falsehoods of separation of church and state."

And organizers say the program has drawn interest from people looking to start new chapters in Ohio, Colorado, New York, Florida and other communities in Kentucky.

It's is an offshoot of the 9/12 Project, inspired by Beck, the conservative commentator, who had no direct role in the planning of the Kentucky school. Beck declined comment.

The project, which seeks to unify Americans around nine values — including honesty, hope and sincerity — and 12 principles, was behind some of the raucous protests at health care forums around the country last summer.

fear.gif

LOL they are trying to counter the liberal agenda that has infiltrated the public school system. Good Luck with that the teachers unions have WAY MORE MONEY, INFLUENCE, AND PEOPLE than these guys :lol:.

Kudos for trying to keep the truth alive though.

Nothing new here. For the whole time I have been alive, there have been people trying to take us back to some place in time that really never existed. But we continue to evolve, and society continues to change and confound the efforts of the social Luddites.

fear.gif

I would certainly hope not. Combining the moral righteousness of religion and the power of government have proven to be awfully dangerous in the past. Then again, it's not like the Soviets did wonders with their state-sponsored atheism.

I'd prefer to keep things as they are now, with government taking no sides on religion, and preferably, religion taking no side in politics. This is at heart, a futile hope, since neither are that neutral now.

...there was an activity geared toward teaching children the dangers of communism.

Given pistols to shoot soap bubbles out of the air, the students quickly learned they could do it far more easily by refilling from their own buckets of water rather than having to share a communal one.

:rofl:

That is hilarious! :lol:

When little Johnny got trapped beneath the fallen bookshelf, none of them could lift it...If only they believed in "communism" he'd have survived the incident. :razz:

For some reason I'm willing to bet all of these Christians who want their faith taught in school don't want equal opportunity time for Islam. Nor would they want Sharia Law as apart of our law. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back