Is the media turning to the right?

Have any particular examples that you'd like to share with the class?

During the election:

Sure, endless playing of a two clips by Rev. Wright while ignoring John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Never once talking about Wright's service to this country in the US Marines and the Navy Medical Corps and his earning three White House commendations.

Refusing to discuss John McCains 20% rating and grade of D from various Veterans groups.

Endless going after Obama's family while never discussing John McCains drug addicted wife and his extra marital affairs.

Calling a 9 foot strip of next door lot a "land deal" for Obama, while never visiting the "Keating Five".

Endlessly printing slurs against Gore's and Kerry's military service while never going after MIA George Bush and Deferment Cheney.

Oh man, I could go on endlessly. The right wing in this country OWNS the media.
Dude...They told you not to take the brown acid, didn't they?

That's your bit of "insight"? :whip:

You are behind the curve. althought the liberal media myth will live on for years. Just like the Reagan did not raise taxes myth.
They are both very useful political tools.

Of course, the "liberal media" myth is not there by accident. It was intentionally created by the Right for two purposes: (1) to discredit the media and (2) more importantly, to justify such outfits as conservative talk radio, Fox News, etc. on kind of a "we have to do this in order to equalize the horrible bias on the other side."

Read "The Republican Noise Machine" by David Brock.

David Brock.... the guy who works for Media Matters.... a left wing organization committed to 'exposing right wing lies'.... yep, no bias there.

It's not like there isn't a lot to choose from. Death Panels. Kill Grandma. man, I could go on endlessly. There are just so, so many.

Possible reasons
1) Left wing media doeson't sell well. As more lefty outlets go broke selling crap on one wants, right wing is left (Darwinian argument)

2) Media see that lefty doesn't sell, so they move to a marketing plan that does work ( Stimulus response argument)

3)Things are so screwed up that they have choice to report that lefty arguments are screwed (even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then)

4) They are getting as sick of the lies as the rest of us, and responding to what they see (Hit it hard enough with the cluebat, and maybe their may be an epiphany. )

5) the news is just plain bad for lefties (Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

I agree and I can show you proof to back you up....

Obama won two novembers ago, even though fox has great ratings.

Here is the thing, 95% of the country do not watch fox....thank God. In the real world, those fox ratings MEAN NOTHING.

I am noting that the news is starting to turn against Obama.. Anybody else see it?

Obama has been pretty rude to the media lately - and they don't like being taken for chumps. He hasn't had a proper press conference in months. Reporters have been dismissed from observing summits. Robert Gibbs is an appallingly snarky press secretary. It all adds up.

There's also the fact that the MSM are losing viewers, listeners, and readers in droves while the new media is gaining audience. They are trying to follow the money, albeit far to late to be credible.

Last edited:
You are behind the curve. althought the liberal media myth will live on for years. Just like the Reagan did not raise taxes myth.

Of course, the "liberal media" myth is not there by accident. It was intentionally created by the Right for two purposes: (1) to discredit the media and (2) more importantly, to justify such outfits as conservative talk radio, Fox News, etc. on kind of a "we have to do this in order to equalize the horrible bias on the other side."

David Brock.... the guy who works for Media Matters.... a left wing organization committed to 'exposing right wing lies'.... yep, no bias there.

You do know they use entire quotes when they show hypocracy from teh right dont you. No changing of anything..

a left wing organization committed to 'exposing right wing lies'...exactly. What is wrong with this? Of course they are left wing. They make a living exposing lies....ver batim...from the right.

The right hates them of course, but they are spot on with quotes to back them up.

The right hates them of course, but they are spot on with quotes to back them up.

I hate David Brock so much that I'd never even heard of him. :lol:

Come to think of it, I hear libs on here all the time talking about how they watch Right leaning media and get their panties in a wad over it, but I never here people on the Right talking about how they do the same. I'm sure some do, but if those that are vocal about it are any indication of the numbers the Left has a serious case of success envy.

Now this will be followed with the familiar retort about them seeking truth or unmasking deceivers or some such, but seriously, if you think your political ideology has all the answers and the other guy is always wrong, then you are a partisan hack pretty much by definition.

Possible reasons
1) Left wing media doeson't sell well. As more lefty outlets go broke selling crap on one wants, right wing is left (Darwinian argument)

2) Media see that lefty doesn't sell, so they move to a marketing plan that does work ( Stimulus response argument)

3)Things are so screwed up that they have choice to report that lefty arguments are screwed (even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then)

4) They are getting as sick of the lies as the rest of us, and responding to what they see (Hit it hard enough with the cluebat, and maybe their may be an epiphany. )

5) the news is just plain bad for lefties (Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

I agree and I can show you proof to back you up....

Obama won two novembers ago, even though fox has great ratings.

Here is the thing, 95% of the country do not watch fox....thank God. In the real world, those fox ratings MEAN NOTHING.

"I agree and I can show you proof to back you up...."

Freudian slip?:tongue:

During the election:

Sure, endless playing of a two clips by Rev. Wright while ignoring John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Never once talking about Wright's service to this country in the US Marines and the Navy Medical Corps and his earning three White House commendations.

Refusing to discuss John McCains 20% rating and grade of D from various Veterans groups.

Endless going after Obama's family while never discussing John McCains drug addicted wife and his extra marital affairs.

Calling a 9 foot strip of next door lot a "land deal" for Obama, while never visiting the "Keating Five".

Endlessly printing slurs against Gore's and Kerry's military service while never going after MIA George Bush and Deferment Cheney.

Oh man, I could go on endlessly. The right wing in this country OWNS the media.
Dude...They told you not to take the brown acid, didn't they?

That's your bit of "insight"? :whip:
It's all the insight your hallucinatory drivel is worthy of.

Why is there no like entity on the right?

Forum List

Back