Is the media turning to the right?

They are a corporate media.

They will turn right if they can.

They had to veer away from the right tact they had during Bush or die.

Possible reasons
1) Left wing media doeson't sell well. As more lefty outlets go broke selling crap on one wants, right wing is left (Darwinian argument)

2) Media see that lefty doesn't sell, so they move to a marketing plan that does work ( Stimulus response argument)

3)Things are so screwed up that they have choice to report that lefty arguments are screwed (even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then)

4) They are getting as sick of the lies as the rest of us, and responding to what they see (Hit it hard enough with the cluebat, and maybe their may be an epiphany. )

5) the news is just plain bad for lefties (Even a broken clock is right twice a day)

I am noting that the news is starting to turn against Obama.. Anybody else see it?

You are behind the curve. althought the liberal media myth will live on for years. Just like the Reagan did not raise taxes myth.
They are both very useful political tools.

Rofl..Turning?! The only reasonable people on TV is Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann. Almost everyone else on major networks lean heavily right.

I am noting that the news is starting to turn against Obama.. Anybody else see it?
Have any particular examples that you'd like to share with the class?

During the election:

Sure, endless playing of a two clips by Rev. Wright while ignoring John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Never once talking about Wright's service to this country in the US Marines and the Navy Medical Corps and his earning three White House commendations.

Refusing to discuss John McCains 20% rating and grade of D from various Veterans groups.

Endless going after Obama's family while never discussing John McCains drug addicted wife and his extra marital affairs.

Calling a 9 foot strip of next door lot a "land deal" for Obama, while never visiting the "Keating Five".

Endlessly printing slurs against Gore's and Kerry's military service while never going after MIA George Bush and Deferment Cheney.

Oh man, I could go on endlessly. The right wing in this country OWNS the media.

You are behind the curve. althought the liberal media myth will live on for years. Just like the Reagan did not raise taxes myth.

Of course, the "liberal media" myth is not there by accident. It was intentionally created by the Right for two purposes: (1) to discredit the media and (2) more importantly, to justify such outfits as conservative talk radio, Fox News, etc. on kind of a "we have to do this in order to equalize the horrible bias on the other side."

Read "The Republican Noise Machine" by David Brock.

Of course, the "liberal media" myth is not there by accident. It was intentionally created by the Right for two purposes: (1) to discredit the media and (2) more importantly, to justify such outfits as conservative talk radio, Fox News, etc. on kind of a "we have to do this in order to equalize the horrible bias on the other side."

A big AMEN on that brother George.

Some reporters are getting concerned at being perceived as "dupes" for O and are beginning to ask questions. Others are only sounding a warning to him that he is becoming a little too obvious in his Chicago style of politics.

When they depart from the "politics" and the "process" of every issue and instead discuss the potential effects of his (and their) proposed legislation, that will be a hint that they are becoming concerned with substance over fluff. If, when he eventually submits to another press conference, they treat him to questions only half as tough as they directed at Bush, we'll know they have actually grown a pair.

Last edited:
My take on this is that during and immediately following the election Obama was built up so much there was only 1 place he could eventually go... down. The media turning against him has been inevitable.

Have any particular examples that you'd like to share with the class?

During the election:

Sure, endless playing of a two clips by Rev. Wright while ignoring John Hagee and Rod Parsley. Never once talking about Wright's service to this country in the US Marines and the Navy Medical Corps and his earning three White House commendations.

Refusing to discuss John McCains 20% rating and grade of D from various Veterans groups.

Endless going after Obama's family while never discussing John McCains drug addicted wife and his extra marital affairs.

Calling a 9 foot strip of next door lot a "land deal" for Obama, while never visiting the "Keating Five".

Endlessly printing slurs against Gore's and Kerry's military service while never going after MIA George Bush and Deferment Cheney.

Oh man, I could go on endlessly. The right wing in this country OWNS the media.
Dude...They told you not to take the brown acid, didn't they?

Wow...I didn't think that the brown acid had been so widely distributed! :lol::lol::lol:

David Brock.... the guy who works for Media Matters.... a left wing organization committed to 'exposing right wing lies'.... yep, no bias there.

My take on this is that during and immediately following the election Obama was built up so much there was only 1 place he could eventually go... down. The media turning against him has been inevitable.

How could he remain popular with the incredible mess he inherited?
Before he was elected I said he was likely to be a 1 termer because all of the mess would be blamed on him.

That projection was based both on politics and human nature of the American people.

David Brock.... the guy who works for Media Matters.... a left wing organization committed to 'exposing right wing lies'.... yep, no bias there.

Brock doesn't simply work for Media Matters. He founded Media Matters after getting tired of all the crap he had seen. But you don't need to take his word for it. The RNC chair in the early 90s admitted as much.

How could he remain popular with the incredible mess he inherited?
Before he was elected I said he was likely to be a 1 termer because all of the mess would be blamed on him.

That projection was based both on politics and human nature of the American people.

You missed the point, but I'm not shocked.

Let's try again. Regardless of party, or mess, or race, or gender, or ANYTHING else, anyone built up that high has nowhere to go but down. Notice how there's nothing partisan in my point?

Making excuses about inherited messes just shows your bias. He signed up for mess removal duty. He campaigned on his ability to clean up the mess. It's not like he was blindsided by the situation. If people are disappointed in his performance then it follows naturally that his rating will go down, the media will be harder on him, etc, etc.

Forum List

Back