Is the LGBT community too sensitive, or is society still homophobic?

Aristotle

Sep 9, 2012
Recently if anyone saw the news, former NBA player Shaquille O'Neal tweeted a picture of the following:

$shon.jpg

Then proceeded to say:

“This is an automatic fight in my book…….LMFAO,”

Apparently Shaq was under fire due to his comment about the picture.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Shaq's comment. As a man, I think if the picture has any indication of anything in real life, I think it would be bizarre that in a bathroom with a row of free urinals, you choose the one right next to another man. I would deem that as suspect.

Last edited:
I don't see how that pic has anything to do with homosexuals, and it seems silly to me that anyone would get upset over it.

Amy...Agreed.

However I think what made headlines was the subsequent posts by users on Shaq's twitter and facebook which drew criticism. Not sure how people who comment on the picture was related to shaq posting the picture. I think it was the responses from other people that made it seem "anti-gay."

To answer OP question,

The LGBT community is too DAMN sensitive.

If "they" want to be treated as "normal", they had best get used to being picked on. Because we all get poked and jabbed at times....they just happen to have lots of special interest groups to get em all riled up to sue someone..anyone.

Oh, and that shit was funny.
Hell, I might tweet it :lol:

To answer OP question,

If "they" want to be treated as "normal", they had best get used to being picked on. Because we all get poked and jabbed at times....they just happen to have lots of special interest groups to get em all riled up to sue someone..anyone.

Sometimes...people in the LGBT clutch their pearls and act as persecuted and picked upon as........American christians.

Not seeing how homosexuals are involved in the picture. But the second guy clearly doesn't understand that men like to have their space if they can.

Not seeing how homosexuals are involved in the picture. But the second guy clearly doesn't understand that men like to have their space if they can.

I agree...I guess where the issue of homosexuality came in is when the subsequent responses after Shaq posted the picture, many respondents were using anti-gay remarks.

I don't see how that pic has anything to do with homosexuals, and it seems silly to me that anyone would get upset over it.

I agree. That is about personal space. I do know men who will sidle up to me like that to carry on a conversation. Nothing sexual about it, just bad manners.

As to LGBT being overly sensitive. Sure they are. I would be shocked and incredibly impressed if they were not. They should be overly sensitive.

I dont understand men's room etiquette.

When I go into the men's room, if I have to pee - - - - - and there's a choice between urinals and the toilet with the door, I always take the toilet with the door......but most dudes seem to go right over to the urinal. It's fucking weird, to me.

BTW there is no such thing as homophobia. It's a word that was creative as a politically divisive tool really has no real meaning other than "Someone disagrees with the practice of homosexuality." it's just a word created to poison the well.

BTW there is no such thing as homophobia. It's a word that was creative as a politically divisive tool really has no real meaning other than "Someone disagrees with the practice of homosexuality." it's just a word created to poison the well.

There is such a thing. You're not the arbiter. Fortunately.

Both. Homophobia exists and the LGBT community is too sensitive.

Bullshit, Avatar. WTF! Used as a divisive tool? I'm with you there. Non-existent? You're out to lunch.

To answer OP question,

Sometimes...people in the LGBT clutch their pearls and act as persecuted and picked upon as........American christians.

^^^ Stands up when it pees

There are people out there who are loony all the way around.

Honestly, I think it's common sense to not be right next to someone if possible.

To answer OP question,

Having been raised in the deep south in the late 50s and 60s I admire the hell out of anyone that is sensitive enough to fight for their rights when they are labeled by society as less than equal, dirty, immoral just to name a few.

When I go into the men's room, if I have to pee - - - - - and there's a choice between urinals and the toilet with the door, I always take the toilet with the door......but most dudes seem to go right over to the urinal. It's fucking weird, to me.

What you do is fucking weird to me.
Real men always use the urinals to piss. Shitters with the doors are for taking a shit.
Who needs a door to close to piss in a men's room?

Real men always use the urinals to piss. Shitters with the doors are for taking a shit.
" real men" arent determined by restroom etiquette...jesus christ. Doors are for privacy. Im not keen on my dick out in front of dudes. It doesnt exactly feeel natural to me when I had a choice to do it "over there" just as easily instead.

" real men" arent determined by restroom etiquette...jesus christ. Doors are for privacy. Im not keen on my dick out in front of dudes. It doesnt exactly feeel natural to me when I had a choice to do it "over there" just as easily instead.

Having played many years of sports no one in the locker room gives a shit about pissing in a urinal and if another "dude" sees it.
Same at the country club as the lockers are near the showers and everyone dresses after they shower NOT in the shitter behind closed doors.
No where have I ever been has it been normal to take a piss behind the closed door of a shitter.
And no offense to you but it sounds like you are just shy and afraid of something.
Privacy to take a piss in a men's room?

Forum List

Back