Is the lack of political traction despite historic spending by Bloomberg and Steyer evidence that Ci

Citizens United's premise of money in politics having less effect than many suspect correct?
'We've never seen spending like this': Bloomberg, Steyer saturate airwaves… | CauseACTION Clarion
Interesting question. We probably don't have enough sample size.

I get the feeling that both are viewed as unwelcome rich guys by at least some in the party. Also, the way Bloomberg entered makes it look like he thinks the rest of the field is weak, and most of the party doesn't want to hear that or see it.

Citizens United's premise of money in politics having less effect than many suspect correct?

'We've never seen spending like this': Bloomberg, Steyer saturate airwaves… | CauseACTION Clarion

I do think it is in part. The majority of money is spent on advertising, most of which is radio and TV ads. In today's world less and less people watch TV that has ads and listen to radio that has them. Even though we still have "cable" (my wife is a channel surfer) I never watch anything other than sports when it is aired, everything is recorded and ads are skipped.

Trump in 2016 spent the largest amount on travel and not media...the only one that did that. It seems to have paid off.

I’m bombarded by Bloomberg commercials when I watch a basketball game. He’s throwing money away

I've long argued this. Hillary far and away outspent Trump.

The Democrat Party is $7 Million in debt so they recruited Bloomberg and Steyer to run fake campaigns so they could get around campaign finance and fund advertising for The Broke DNC.

Party committee fundraising, 2019-2020 - Ballotpedia

funding%202019.jpg

Looks like The Democrat Party paid off $500,000 of their debt and are still $6.5 Million in debt.

No wonder they needed Steyer and Bloomberg to circumvent Campaign Finance for them.

The Democrat Party is $7 Million in debt so they recruited Bloomberg and Steyer to run fake campaigns so they could get around campaign finance and fund advertising for The Broke DNC.

funding%202019.jpg

Looks like The Democrat Party paid off $500,000 of their debt and are still $6.5 Million in debt.

No wonder they needed Steyer and Bloomberg to circumvent Campaign Finance for them.

funding%202019.jpg

Yeah, but look at the DCCC: The Democrats are doing everything they can to hold onto the House. They have almost twice as much as the NRCC.

The Democrats need to un-ass the House and Pelosi needs that gavel shoved up her ass.

Both of these men have very little appeal to a group of voters who are looking at what happens when you let billionaire narcissists near the levers of political power. The super-wealthy are so used to being the center of the universe that they are incapable of ever seeing themselves as public servants. I see a future full of super-rich republican candidates because Trump has shown that conservative voters don't mind voting for self-serving men intent on buying the presidency.

I've long argued this. Hillary far and away outspent Trump.

Yeah, more than double. You ever hear the song, "Looking for Love in all the wrong places"? Besides her un-likability from folks on all sides. She was just a bad candidate, and I don't see any dems this year that will do any better.

Forum List

Back