Is the Iran deal a real win -- or a nominal one?

Depends on your perspective. If you hate WWIII then it's a win. If you love American dominance it's a major loss. If you're an Israel lover or other kind of war mongering sociopath then you're probably having a bad week because you know it's really scary when a signatory of the NPT enriches uranium to a whopping 20%!

The Ayatollah regime gave an owth for the method of "Death to America".

How is staying on guard causing WW3? If anything it is the other way around.

Those who are so desparate to make a deal, even a bad one, are the ones pushing for war.

That makes the assumption that a nuclear Iran equals war. That is a rather silly supposition. Just because they manage to get a bomb does not mean that they are going to pursue a war. The outcome of that war is likely to be WORSE should they use one than not. Iran can go to war right now without the nuke but it does not. Likely because the leaders in the Iran government would like to continue breathing.

Since Iran has been pretty adamant that they will use nuclear bombs as soon as they have them they should be taken at their word that they would.

I can easily see a scenario where Iran nuked Israel and the world did hardly anything in retaliation. The rest of the world would worry too much about collateral damage. The leadership of Iran could hang on for years in secret and fortified locations.

I can easily see a scenario where Iran nuked Israel and the world did hardly anything in retaliation. The rest of the world would worry too much about collateral damage. The leadership of Iran could hang on for years in secret and fortified locations.

I can’t. That is not going to happen.

We avoid war now partly because it is insanely opposed by the people. Almost no one is willing to get into another Iraq. Watch Iran attack anything (least of all Israel) and that reality will do a complete 180. It would be politically untenable to NOT retaliate against Iran. If there were nukes involved the retaliation is essentially guaranteed.

I can see Israel hitting Iran first......And the world condemning them for doing so....Unless there were some way to absolutely prove Iran was going to hit them....Other than we all know they would love to......

My plan is to stay open-minded about this, but if Israel and Saudi Arabia are concerned I'm concerned.

I am concerned when we base our thoughts on what other nations want us to believe, and not what is in our own nation's interest.

Any attempts to construct a peaceful solution are always preferable to simply gathering the swords for war.

I don't know if this deal is good or not. What is the alternative, attacking Iran and starting a war? Is there any stopping Iran from developing nukes short of attacking them?

Will there soon be a big mushroom cloud over Israel?

A mushroom cloud over Israel would lead to the death of over 50 million Iranians.

Israel has nukes aimed at Iran. If Iran ever hit Israel with a nuke, Israel would unleash all of their fury on Iran. When all was finished, only a few Iranians would remain alive. Surrounding countries would also be affected from the fallout.

I don't know if this deal is good or not. What is the alternative, attacking Iran and starting a war? Is there any stopping Iran from developing nukes short of attacking them?

Will there soon be a big mushroom cloud over Israel?

A mushroom cloud over Israel would lead to the death of over 50 million Iranians.

MAD

Mutual
Assured
Destruction

Achmedinijahd (Ahmanutjob) is crazy ,but he is not stupid.

Achmedinejad is no longer President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani is president. The real power remains with the Ayatollahs, who are twelvers themselves and believe that nuclear war is a necessary step in the cause of allah. Mutually assured destruction is not something that concerns them.

Achmedinejad is no longer President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani is president. The real power remains with the Ayatollahs, who are twelvers themselves and believe that nuclear war is a necessary step in the cause of allah. Mutually assured destruction is not something that concerns them.

Or, they see it as many other smaller nations do, that it is a necessary evil against larger nations who too often in the past have invaded, interfered, or meddled in their affairs to the detriment of their people.

When President Johnson would always respond to his aides in a crisis, "Where are my carriers?" It kind of puts it into perspective, when one nuke in the hands of a smaller nation can change the strategic reality so dramatically.

Forum List

Back