Is the Health Care Reform Bill dead?

Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the tone deaf Democrats attempt to pass this bill now - they will be committing political suicide and they know it. Also, the bill will never stand up to the inevitable constitutional challenges. For all intents and purposes -Obamacare is DEAD.

Now it is time to look at solutions that do not entail nationalizing 1/6th of the economy.

I don't believe it's tone deafness. I truly believe they hear all of it but they think they know what we want better than we do.

True. Devoted leftists do not allow for the possibility that they could be wrong. They believe that they are smarter than everyone else, even when facts and reality belie their fantasy world of superiority.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]YouTube - "We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp[/ame]

OK. Here's your chance to predict the outcome of the Health Care Reform Bill. Simple yes or no poll. Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames now? What say you?

I say "Yes".

This version of health care reform is in serious trouble.

However Scott Brown is for reforming the health care system, he just thinks this current bill is horrible. He doesn't like the backroom deals, secret negotiations, vote bribes, and kickbacks for big pharm/insurance that are in the bill and wants to start over and debate it in the open.

Kinda like Obama promised in the 2008 election campaign ;).

Scott Brown is in for quite a shock when he learns (sooner rather than later) that backroom wheeling and dealing is how ANYTHING AT ALL gets put into law.

If the tone deaf Democrats attempt to pass this bill now - they will be committing political suicide and they know it. Also, the bill will never stand up to the inevitable constitutional challenges. For all intents and purposes -Obamacare is DEAD.

Now it is time to look at solutions that do not entail nationalizing 1/6th of the economy.

I don't believe it's tone deafness. I truly believe they hear all of it but they think they know what we want better than we do.

But you then must be listening to the Republicans, who think they know what you (collectively "you") want.

I was going to open a new thread, but it's appropriate to stick this here.

I listened to Paul Ryan on C-Span this morning (R-Wisconsin, and minority chair of the House Budget Committee). As if we hadn't had it up the wazoo last summer with all the outright lies told by Republicans such as Grassley, McConnell, Boehner, et al., regarding provisions in the draft bills, they're still at it!!!!

Ryan said, and this is a direct quote that I have on tape:

"64% of people on Medicare Advantage will lose their Medicare."

There are two outright lies in that short phrase, but which was heard by over 3,000,000 C-Span listeners. First off, 64% of Medicare recipients are NOT on the "advantage" program. Only 22% are.

Powered by Google Docs

Second, if someone drops (or is forced to drop because of cuts in the Medicare Advantage program), he or she automatically will revert back to standard Medicare coverage. THERE WILL BE NO LOSS OF MEDICARE BENEFITS.

The reason cuts to Medicare Advantage are seen as viable is that those private insurers are subsidized by funding in the existing standard Medicare program, and cover such things as eye exams (and glasses), hearing exams (and aids), and other perks that standard Medicare does not cover. In other words, if you are 65 and automatically enrolled in Medicare, YOU are subsidizing your neighbor's Medicare Advantage while he or she gets to have great vision and hearing.

Enough, Congressman Ryan. Enough of the BULLSHIT coming from the mouths of the Republicans.

Quite possibly there will be a good healthy bipartisan bill that will emerge from this. The democrats now have to listen to the republicans if they really want to do what's best for Americans, and not just government expansion.

True. Devoted leftists do not allow for the possibility that they could be wrong. They believe that they are smarter than everyone else, even when facts and reality belie their fantasy world of superiority.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]YouTube - "We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp[/ame]

:cuckoo:, as usual old rocks. hey bet you didn't get any sleep after the Ma. election the other night, huh? I mean after all of your touting about the dems taking over even more of the Congress and Senate in upcoming elections. Wow, I would be embarrassed after this stunning defeat if I was you. :lol:

I still fail to see why my reps and Senators are such wussies?
1. eliminate payroll tax
2.Pass Healthcare through majority vote.
3.Add Medicare for all, let them vote on it!

But you then must be listening to the Republicans, who think they know what you (collectively "you") want.

I have problems with both parties over various issues. But at least (most) Republicans believe in the free market. Democrats have a gov't solution to every problem. Got a boil on your ass? Call the US dept of Ass Boil removal!! I prefer freedom over mandates.

OK. Here's your chance to predict the outcome of the Health Care Reform Bill. Simple yes or no poll. Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames now? What say you?

I say "Yes".

However Scott Brown is for reforming the health care system, he just thinks this current bill is horrible. He doesn't like the backroom deals, secret negotiations, vote bribes, and kickbacks for big pharm/insurance that are in the bill and wants to start over and debate it in the open.

Scott Brown is in for quite a shock when he learns (sooner rather than later) that backroom wheeling and dealing is how ANYTHING AT ALL gets put into law.

Actually its the congress that is in for a shock when they find out the American voter is going to kick them out of office for doing so and go against the status quo like we just did here in MA on tuesday.

Actually its the congress that is in for a shock when they find out the American voter is going to kick them out of office for doing so and go against the status quo like we just did here in MA on tuesday.

Those are expected words after a major "win," but you still haven't answered my question (or maybe I posed it in another thread, can't remember). Who is going to replace all those Republicans who are simply playing politics as usual that you so despise? And frankly, do you really think that Scott Brown (and others who will follow) have the magic answer? Or will they too get swept up in the machine that runs the government? Are you suggesting that you're hoping for, gasp, "change" to come to Washington? Hmmm, imagine that. Good luck.

More on Congressman Ryan's attempt to woo seniors (Medicare recipients are much more likely to vote Republican than the uninsured, who would benefit most from the Democrat's bill(s). Think what he's doing isn't political? Think again. Ryan couldn't give a shit about your health care.

Perhaps Ryan is unaware that his counterparts on Capital Hill who shamelessly voted for the Prescription Drug Bill (a multi-billion dollar mandated, UNFUNDED piece of major legislation intended to attract seniors) are the same ones who continue to decry the cost factor of any new health care legislation. Isn't he aware that only five years ago, John Kyl (one of the biggest naysayers of the current legislation) said about the Part D bill "I am committed to ensuring its successful implementation and will fight attempts to erode it"??? That, my friends, is political hypocrisy at its worst.

Ryan whined that Republicans didn't get enough media attention on health care as it moved through Congress. WHOT?! Why then does he think all polling shows it (and the Democrats, actually) as losing ground? Doesn't he realize that the evil "liberal" media focused more on the negativity and less on the positive? Or perhaps he thinks that the reason most Americans are no longer in favor of health care reform is that some mystical transcendation took place that brainwashed people in their sleep.

Why are Republicans continuing to pound away on this near-dead issue if not solely to score political points? If the economy weren't otherwise teetering on the brink, health care SHOULD be and WOULD be a top priority. Why can't they just say that? It's a truth everyone understands.

Last edited:

I say "Yes".

In fact, the lesson the Dems should have taken from these events is that back room wheeling and dealing failed to get anything done because it cost them the trust of the American people and that, in large part, helped to get Scott Brown elected. While Obama, Pelosi and Reid are apparently too dull witted to get the message, Brown seems to understand he now holds the people's seat in the Senate and that if he hopes to continue to be successful, he will have to keep the people's trust by allowing them to approve or disapprove of any "deals" that are proposed.

I say "Yes".

Sorry, Dog, but the answer is no.

My sources say that the house dems are going to pass the senate version of the bill. If that happens, that version can go straight to the White House without the need of a senate vote.

President Obama made it clear that he will sign whatever version hits his desk. Sooo...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

I wish it would be dead but these dirty sneaky bastard democrats will try some dirty trick to pass this thing against the will of the people. But the people will win in the end, they will revolt at the polls and these bastards will be on the unemployment line with the other Americans waiting for jobs and change!!!

the people have to keeps their eyes on these weak spined RINO'S which will sell out their party in a heartbeat!!!! Time to flush the senate of these people (RINO TURDS)in the next elections!!!especially Mc Cain he will want to sit down and make nice try to be "My Friends".

the people have to keeps their eyes on these weak spined RINO'S which will sell out their party in a heartbeat!!!! Time to flush the senate of these people (RINO TURDS)in the next elections!!!especially Mc Cain he will want to sit down and make nice try to be "My Friends".

Recess is over, time to go to Language Arts, KK. Bye now.:cuckoo:

In fact, the lesson the Dems should have taken from these events is that back room wheeling and dealing failed to get anything done because it cost them the trust of the American people and that, in large part, helped to get Scott Brown elected. While Obama, Pelosi and Reid are apparently too dull witted to get the message, Brown seems to understand he now holds the people's seat in the Senate and that if he hopes to continue to be successful, he will have to keep the people's trust by allowing them to approve or disapprove of any "deals" that are proposed.

Brown understands squat right now. Here's a news flash: Absolutely NOTHING, zero, nada, zip would get accomplished without back room negotiations over fine points. It has been going on since colonial times.

Forum List

Back