Is the Health Care Reform Bill dead?

Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK. Here's your chance to predict the outcome of the Health Care Reform Bill. Simple yes or no poll. Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames now? What say you?

I say "Yes".

Nancy will try and play the role of Dr Frankenstein, with Reid in the role of Igor, but there isn't enough lightening power to re animate this corpse.

Even Frankenstein's monster, with half a brain, can see that

Scott Brown's shocking victory actually gives cover to the moderate Democrats who never wanted to support that debacle. It's a win/win for everyone. I still can't believe Brown won.

OK. Here's your chance to predict the outcome of the Health Care Reform Bill. Simple yes or no poll. Is the Health Care Reform Bill going to go down in flames now? What say you?

I say "Yes".

Sorry, Dog, but the answer is no.

My sources say that the house dems are going to pass the senate version of the bill. If that happens, that version can go straight to the White House without the need of a senate vote.

President Obama made it clear that he will sign whatever version hits his desk. Sooo...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

I say "Yes".

This version of health care reform is in serious trouble.

However Scott Brown is for reforming the health care system, he just thinks this current bill is horrible. He doesn't like the backroom deals, secret negotiations, vote bribes, and kickbacks for big pharm/insurance that are in the bill and wants to start over and debate it in the open.

Kinda like Obama promised in the 2008 election campaign ;).

The Democrats should start by pulling the insurance reform elements of the bill out and making them a separate standalone bill and either pass it, or make the Republicans vote against it.

If the tone deaf Democrats attempt to pass this bill now - they will be committing political suicide and they know it. Also, the bill will never stand up to the inevitable constitutional challenges. For all intents and purposes -Obamacare is DEAD.

Now it is time to look at solutions that do not entail nationalizing 1/6th of the economy.

The Democrats should start by pulling the insurance reform elements of the bill out and making them a separate standalone bill and either pass it, or make the Republicans vote against it.

I've been saying that all along NY. Take each aspect of reform, debate it on its merits, and either pass or deny it.

Maybe the politicians will listen to us seeing im more conservative, your more liberal, yet we feel the same way on it.

If the tone deaf Democrats attempt to pass this bill now - they will be committing political suicide and they know it. Also, the bill will never stand up to the inevitable constitutional challenges. For all intents and purposes -Obamacare is DEAD.

Now it is time to look at solutions that do not entail nationalizing 1/6th of the economy.

I don't believe it's tone deafness. I truly believe they hear all of it but they think they know what we want better than we do.

I don't believe it's tone deafness. I truly believe they hear all of it but they think they know what we want better than we do.

True. Devoted leftists do not allow for the possibility that they could be wrong. They believe that they are smarter than everyone else, even when facts and reality belie their fantasy world of superiority.

Forum List

Back