Is the GoP shooting itself in the foot?

The infrastructure program is a joke. They are building airports to nowhere. It is riddled with waste and fraud, and it has hardly gotten going yet.
When a full accounting is done of the porkulus package spending people will be wondering how so much could be spent on so little by so many. Assuming the media report any of it of course.
The media boogieman is reporting here that I-680 around Youngstown, Ohio is being resurfaced, the Birmingham Bridge in Pittsburgh, PA is being repaired, the Jennings Randolph Bridge in East Liverpool, Ohio is being repainted, Ohio Route 7 is being resurfaced from East Palestine to Columbiana, The Veteran's Bridge in Steubenville, Ohio is being resurfaced, and The Parkway West in Pittsburgh is being expanded. So little.:cuckoo: What a joke.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

The infrastructure program is a joke. They are building airports to nowhere. It is riddled with waste and fraud, and it has hardly gotten going yet.
When a full accounting is done of the porkulus package spending people will be wondering how so much could be spent on so little by so many. Assuming the media report any of it of course.
The media boogieman is reporting here that I-680 around Youngstown, Ohio is being resurfaced, the Birmingham Bridge in Pittsburgh, PA is being repaired, the Jennings Randolph Bridge in East Liverpool, Ohio is being repainted, Ohio Route 7 is being resurfaced from East Palestine to Columbiana, The Veteran's Bridge in Steubenville, Ohio is being resurfaced, and The Parkway West in Pittsburgh is being expanded. So little.:cuckoo: What a joke.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Five little piss ant projects in a unuon state. Pitiful.
Did you happen to see what it is costing to do those?
No, I didn't think so either.
Go ahead and search stimulus and waste or misappropriate and see what comes up.

Five little piss ant projects in a unuon state. Pitiful.
Did you happen to see what it is costing to do those?
No, I didn't think so either.
Go ahead and search stimulus and waste or misappropriate and see what comes up.
It's what that bad ol' media boogieman is reporting. And those are major infrastructure projects. You can minimalize them all you want, but the people here are most grateful that these needed repairs are happening.

Boo Hoo! Things just aren't as bad as you said they would be! Tough! Politics and the work that is being done with the Stimulus money are against you here!

Stimulus money is building/repairing bridges in Louisiana and helping fund Higher Education, which the current administration decided to gut.

[

Inglis is an idiot, not unlike yourself.

His political career is over in the GOP as are ALL of the 'independents' who can't find the moral clarity to oppose the Leftist subversion.... Hussein was lying... such is an indisputable, documented FACT...

Censuring Wilson was absurd and to adhere to that was a demonstration of poor judgment; thus demonstrating him being unfit to serve in the US Federal Legislature.

Damn...well it looks like the Republican's won't get the Independent vote this next election either.

ROFL...

Independents vote with what ever happens to be popular at any given moment... Tides changed Sis... best brace yourself.

hmmm.....they seem to do more than that - they are the indicators of a growing dissatisfaction with both major parties.

So howz life sweetcheeks?

Andy data to support that? I assume you're ok with the continuing deterioration of major infrastructure in this country - a few more bridge collapses maybe?

Sure. Here ya go
Government Watchdogs Warn of Lack of Oversight For Trillions in President's New Spending Programs - Political Punch
You could probably find other articles about it.
I have no problem with infrastruture repair. I do have a problem with waste, fraud and corruption and money spent on bridges to nowhere and airports for the convenience of one congresscritter.

I do agree with that - it was a major problem I had with the all the bailouts - not enough oversight and too much "hands off".

Is the GoP shooting itself in the foot? Every day of the week and twice on Sunday when the idiots claim God is on their side.

Sure. Here ya go
Government Watchdogs Warn of Lack of Oversight For Trillions in President's New Spending Programs - Political Punch
I have no problem with infrastruture repair. I do have a problem with waste, fraud and corruption and money spent on bridges to nowhere and airports for the convenience of one congresscritter.
So we need a stronger federal government to guard against waste and fraud now?
No, we don't need the porkulus package at all.
How much of that was actually spent on legitimate projects and how much was spent on irrigating someone's bean field?

Sure. Here ya go
So we need a stronger federal government to guard against waste and fraud now?
No, we don't need the porkulus package at all.
How much of that was actually spent on legitimate projects and how much was spent on irrigating someone's bean field?
You know of course, that the stimulus bill is doled out incrementally, right? That the bulk of the funding will be allocated later, as the specific projects are proposed. The money out there now is 'shovel ready'. That is to say projects which have been developed, but not constructed due to insufficient state and local funds.

And you have so much faith in Conservative economic theory to dismiss Keynes and the success of his theory in the 1930s? Please spare me the party line claptrap of Keynesian economics prolonging the Depression. That line of thinking doesn't extend to the variables like political unrest in Europe, our main trading partners at the time.

Keynesianism ranks with flat-earthism as among the most discredited theories in history. It's re-emergence in this administration testifies to the inexperience and stupidity of those in power.
The only think that saved the economy in the depression was WW2. This is a fact. It is also a fact that "priming the pump" and "stimulus" has failed every time it's been tried, regardless of time or culture.

IMHO - that is one of the true "markers" of the right-wing radical. They seem to value unity above all else. Our original national motto "E Pluribus Unum" means "one from many." I remember listening to an ultra right-wing congressman telling a group of students that the important part there was the "one" because it represents unity and that, he said, is the most important part. He doesn't get it.

Adolf Hitler had unity, Osama Bin Laden (within his organization) has unity, Stalin got unity, what these and every other would-be petty dictator lacks is diversity - the "many" part of our original motto.

If you achieve your "unity" at the expense of diversity - then you have accomplished absolutely nothing worth crowing about.

In the U.S. it is our unity AND diversity that makes us something special.

So the far-right cannot tolerate diversity, they cannot tolerate dissent or individualism of any sort. And they wail and whine about the loss of personal freedom??????

Their ultimate GOAL is the loss of personal freedom and individualism.

The Democrat Party has always been diverse which can be good in that it is inclusive but bad in that it has too many special interests that work against party unity and sometimes that is needed. I've heard that being the Whip of the party is like herding cats. The Republicans have always been much more disciplined with a more defined message (as opposed to the Democrats who are all over the board sometimes) and until the past decade their special interests have had enough in common to work together until the loud and intolerant "Religous Right" started calling the agenda.

I don't think the ultimate goal is loss of personal freedom and individualism or at least I don't think that goal is unique to rightwing radicals - if you take the left to it's extreme end you find the same thing.

Agreed.

Forum List

Back