Is the GOP base proud of what their leaders have done for them and the country?

Medicare goes insolvent in 2017, so Defense gets hacked wayyyy before 2017.

Stop listening to Paul Ryan. He's lying to you.

Ryan’s Muddy Medicare Claims | FactCheck.org

Read the article it says:
"The fund’s exhaustion date was 2017 under a "high-cost," or more pessimistic scenario."
Its realistic w/o Congressional action, and we all know how likely that is.

The Trustees
Trustees Report Summary
The projected date of HI Trust Fund exhaustion is 2024, five years earlier than estimated in last year’s report, at which time dedicated revenues would be sufficient to pay 90 percent of HI costs."

And as I'm sure you know, the HI Trust Fund covers only Part A. There is also Parts B,C and D which will be fine. So to claim "Medicare goes insolvent in 2017" is simply not true.

Stop listening to Paul Ryan. He's lying to you.

Ryan’s Muddy Medicare Claims | FactCheck.org

Read the article it says:
"The fund’s exhaustion date was 2017 under a "high-cost," or more pessimistic scenario."
Its realistic w/o Congressional action, and we all know how likely that is.

The Trustees
Trustees Report Summary
The projected date of HI Trust Fund exhaustion is 2024, five years earlier than estimated in last year’s report, at which time dedicated revenues would be sufficient to pay 90 percent of HI costs."

And as I'm sure you know, the HI Trust Fund covers only Part A. There is also Parts B,C and D which will be fine. So to claim "Medicare goes insolvent in 2017" is simply not true.

And all the right wing pie charts are also intentionally misleading on SS and Medicare expenditures.
The SS contributions and Medicare premiums should be deducted as they are directly paid to those programs.
The pie chart should only reflect additional general tax dollars routed to those programs.

Which would Make SS expenses didssappear since it is still drawing against it's surplus and the money repaying the surplus shoud be shown againt treasury obligations.

Last edited:
I just want to know.

And while we are at it, what is it the Republican leadership has done to make them so proud?

Considering Republicans haven't been in power since 2006, I'd say they've done a good job of standing up to the liberals and slowing down their "progress" i.e. the destruction of the US economy.

Would like to see the day when Republicans take back Washington, then maybe we can get this country back on track. :eusa_pray:

Is the GOP base proud of what their leaders have done for them and the country?

Yes.

Their leaders have only done good things, the dems did all the bad stuff.

I dont know about all that.

But they have stopped Obama from implementing a lot of his garbage. That alone will get my vote this next presidential election. Obama has screwed the pooch so well my third party vote now turns into a repub vote.

I am going to use the same spirit the dems used, anybody but!!!!!

Please identify the "garbage". Be specific.

Yeah, damage.
Where's the 400,000 jobs that Pelosi said Obamacare would create, immediately?

Well, if I'm reading the BLS site accurately, there were 19.455M Education and Health Services jobs in Mar of '10. In August of '11, there were 20.024M. Seasonally adjusted. That means an increase of 569,000 jobs since Obamacare was passed.

Yeah, damage.
Where's the 400,000 jobs that Pelosi said Obamacare would create, immediately?

Well, if I'm reading the BLS site accurately, there were 19.455M Education and Health Services jobs in Mar of '10. In August of '11, there were 20.024M. Seasonally adjusted. That means an increase of 569,000 jobs since Obamacare was passed.

Pelosi said immediately. I missed the month with 400,000 job growth.
I haven't seen evidence Obamacare expanded jobs.
I have heard anecdotes that it cut jobs.

Forum List

Back