Is the federal immigration law racist?

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
if the new AZ law seeks only to enforce federal law (and everything i've seen indicates it is just that, nothing more)....why is it you're calling the AZ law racist and not the federal law? how do federal agents enforce the law?

Same law has been on the books since the 1920s and it worked than and it would work now. What is wrong with profiing criminals? We so it all the time with the Amber Alert and back robbers and terrorist. They have to be profiled.

Are states supposed to inforce federal law?

what is racist about the law...i've seen you and other libs say it is racist

what exactly is racist about it? and if the feds won't enforce the law, do not states have the right to secure their own borders?

Are states supposed to inforce federal law?

No but they can enforce their own laws if they want which is what the great state of Arizona is doing. It created separate laws and decided to enforce it. The question is then does a state have the power to create these laws?

I believe it does because just because the federal government has some powers doesn't mean states don't have the same identical powers with it.

The supremacy clause states that all federal laws made in pursuance of the constitution are supreme but that does not mean that states lose the right to make identical laws that pursue the same powers such as enforcing immigration laws unless their is a restriction associated with it.

but that is just my opinion...

Forum List

Back