Is the Draft Coming??

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Well you are right i did misunderstand. sorry about that.

No prob! It's late, I made typos, and I am calling it a night. :D

Well, if anyone is against the draft, they can blame democrat Charlie Rangel for all the uproar... it was his idea, not Bush's or the DOD... in fact, this sums it up nicely...

"The U.S. military is not your daycare center. We're not here to correct mommy and daddy's errors or make your son a better man. We're here to defend the Constitution and we employ whatever tools necessary to ensure the success of our mandate. The values the military attempts to instill in its members are those that have traditionally proven to be successful in providing a disciplined and orderly force capable of success in battle. Any secondary benefits these values provide to society at large are irrelevant. Our job is not to crank out patriotic young Americans to make America better. Our job is to crank out soldiers who will fight, kill and win against a hostile adversary. If these same soldiers translate the skills and values they learned in the military into a successful civilian life, so much the better, but that is neither the purpose nor the goal of military indoctrination and training." -Sgt. Stryker

Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., has announced a plan to reintroduce the military draft into American society. He has admitted, though, that he doesn't really want to go back to the draft out of a principled stand on compulsory national service or out of a need for manpower. Rather, Rangel wants to use the draft as a measure against a potential war in Iraq.

"I think, if we went home and found out that there were families concerned about their kids going off to war, there would be more cautiousness and a more willingness to work with the international community than to say, 'Our way or the highway.'"

In OTHER words, a draft is being proposed as a way of holding American foreign and military policy hostage, and, as the Sarge points out, to increase social unrest over proposed military actions.

And this is leadership? By what definition?

Forum List

Back