Is the death penalty wrong?

Is the death penalty wrong?

• I don't support any type of punishment for criminals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
manu1959 said:
johnney,

i have a habit of taking opposing posistion on issues for fun and the sake of discussion and to gain knowledge and solidify my own beliefs...hazzard of what i do for a living .... anyway, for what ever it is worth to you as you chose to deffend my statements and at the risk of being negativly repped again for expresssing an opinion that a modorator does not

Oh quit whining. My being a moderator has nothing to do with anything. And it wasn't your opinion that motivated me to ding you, it was the silly statement "i will keep it simple...why do you get to make decisions for others and decide what they can or can not do?"

That was patently ridiculous. Society routinely tells you what you can and cannot do. If you have not figured that out yet, then you need to get out of the house more.

Merlin1047 said:
This gets sillier by the minute.

Why do you insist on hanging your entire argument in support of abortion on that tiny percentage of infants conceived during a criminal act? Your attempts to extrapolate these extreme circumstances to cover your entire argument will not hold up.

Mother's rights? A woman has a right to avoid pregnancy, she has a right to the use of birth control, she has a right to demand the use of a condom or she has a right to abstain. She has NO right to decide to terminate the life of a viable fetus.

I'm not one who insists that a fertilized egg is a human life and cannot be aborted. But I do believe that abortions after the first trimester should be illegal in all but the most extreme circumstance.

It may be the "female's body" as you point out. But the life which develops in her womb has a body of its own and has a right to be protected from abuse once it reaches viability.

So while you may be entitled to your opinion, society is entitled to enact laws which stipulate acceptable conduct. The self-centered view that each individual is a society unto him/herself simply leads to anarchy and chaos. We do not exist in a vacuum. If you're going to live in this society, you have to accept its dictates or work to change them.

merlin,

we were being irerevent and taking opposing views to make a point and define extreeme circumstances ... everyone seems to agree with your statement that "I do believe that abortions after the first trimester should be illegal in all but the most extreme circumstance".

i think what we were really discussing is "what is an extreme circumstance?" (rape, incest, infidelity, mothers life) and we were discussing who should be passing judgement on the women... my rehtorical question was that it should be God (ironic that you dinged me for that) or should society be passing judgement....your counter argument to my rehtorical question i belive?

freeandfun1 said:
huh? Just curious, what is the difference between killing a child through abortion and killing one through drinking and drugging? Even if the child does survive the drinking and drugging, they are almost dead anyway.

Really just wondering how you can reconcile the two statements.

And BTW, I agree with Manu. G-d will sort em out in the end.

i said that cause my sister did exactly that throughout her first born. the kid doesnt know his ass from his elbow, but he can tell you where to get good drugs. he wasnt braught up in the type of situation. hes fucked up in the head one could say, easily lead. doent really know right from wrong. so no, not all kids that are born to women who drink and drug through pregnancy are almost dead.

both can be stopped yes. and there is really no difference, besides time frame that is. one is quick, the other drags on for 9 months.

Merlin1047 said:
Oh quit whining. My being a moderator has nothing to do with anything. And it wasn't your opinion that motivated me to ding you, it was the silly statement "i will keep it simple...why do you get to make decisions for others and decide what they can or can not do?"

That was patently ridiculous. Society routinely tells you what you can and cannot do. If you have not figured that out yet, then you need to get out of the house more.

fair enough .... it was a reference to God as the ultimate judge ... not society

Merlin1047 said:
This gets sillier by the minute.

Why do you insist on hanging your entire argument in support of abortion on that tiny percentage of infants conceived during a criminal act? Your attempts to extrapolate these extreme circumstances to cover your entire argument will not hold up.
i believe my argument was legal for rape and incest. if someone is out there whoring around, tough shit. deal with it. i never stated anything about later term abortions.

Mother's rights? A woman has a right to avoid pregnancy, she has a right to the use of birth control, she has a right to demand the use of a condom or she has a right to abstain. She has NO right to decide to terminate the life of a viable fetus.
let me guess, she has the right to tell a rapist to wear a condom too? im sure he'll agree with that one. after the first trimester, shes SOL on abortion.
So while you may be entitled to your opinion, society is entitled to enact laws which stipulate acceptable conduct. The self-centered view that each individual is a society unto him/herself simply leads to anarchy and chaos. We do not exist in a vacuum. If you're going to live in this society, you have to accept its dictates or work to change them.
thats the great thing about America, i dont have to accept anything.

Might as well throw in my 2 cents.....
I don't really care for abortion. The best option IMO
would be adoption, even in the case that the child does have a birth defect,
I know a family who has adopted 3 children and have requested every
time to have a unfortunate child, so their are people out there who care.
Hell people wait LONG lenghts of time to adopt a child and making more
children available to those who want them only makes sense to me.
I also don't like abortion because if it's legal for all, it would prove
(IMO) to be a cruel form of birth control for irresponsable young adults.
Just my opinion....

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Might as well throw in my 2 cents.....
I don't really care for abortion. The best option IMO
would be adoption, even in the case that the child does have a birth defect,
I know a family who has adopted 3 children and have requested every
time to have a unfortunate child, so their are people out there who care.
Hell people wait LONG lenghts of time to adopt a child and making more
children available to those who want them only makes sense to me.
I also don't like abortion because if it's legal for all, it would prove
(IMO) to be a cruel form of birth control for irresponsable young adults.
Just my opinion....
i agree, it shouldnt be used as a form of birth control. theres a price to pay for everything

So can we all agree that abortion is not the best option
and we might have a problem with society accepting abortion
vs creating a blessing for a loving family out of an unwanted birth?

JOKER96BRAVO said:
abortion is not the best option for someone who puts out so much you can drive a truck through their snatch. all im saying is that it shouldnt be an option of birth control. sometimes it may be the best option. sometimes not. that option lies in the deffinition of extreme cases.

JOKER96BRAVO said:

i would prefer that all pregnancies are wanted and that there would be no extreme cases that would present the dire decission that would cause someone to seek an abortion .... unfortunately society has proven that abortions, medically safe or otherwise, will be perfomed ... so, as i have said, women wil make the decission and God will sort them out

manu1959 said:
i would prefer that all pregnancies are wanted and that there would be no extreme cases that would present the dire decission that would cause someone to seek an abortion .... unfortunately society has proven that abortions, medically safe or otherwise, will be perfomed ... so, as i have said, women wil make the decission and God will sort them out
Why not make more than just the mother happy?
She doesn't have to raise the kid, people can adopt and start a family
sooner. It just seems selfish to me.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Why not make more than just the mother happy?
She doesn't have to raise the kid, people can adopt and start a family
sooner. It just seems selfish to me.
if its something other than an extreme case, then thats cool.

Johnney said:
it shouldnt be illegal. now why inthe world should anyone tell anyone what they can and cant do with their bodies? specially when it comes to incest or rape? nothing like a baby for a reminder of being raped.

There's always adoption? And those parents wouldn't care the baby came from rape.

Bonnie said:
There's always adoption? And those parents wouldn't care the baby came from rape.

when my friend in college was raped and pregnant the last thing she wanted to do was carry the baby of a criminal to term ... and put it up for addoption ... the mere idea of being pregnant with a criminals child made her ill .... she made a very difficult decision that she will live with and God will judge

In at least 15% of all, including unwanted, pregnancies, good ol' Mother Nature performs an abortion. Not every fertilized egg is meant to become a human being.

I'm with the first trimester group on the issue though.

MissileMan said:
In at least 15% of all, including unwanted, pregnancies, good ol' Mother Nature performs an abortion. Not every fertilized egg is meant to become a human being.

I'm with the first trimester group on the issue though.

sad thing this....my best friend and his wife have been trying for 5 years...mother nature foils them every time (i belive they have lost 5 or 6 so far) they can't bring themslelves to adopt....pity...those that want can't and those that don't want can...ironic

manu1959 said:
sad thing this....my best friend and his wife have been trying for 5 years...mother nature foils them every time (i belive they have lost 5 or 6 so far) they can't bring themslelves to adopt....pity...those that want can't and those that don't want can...ironic

My wife and I tried 6 times.... cost me a bundle.... and to no avail....

Forum List

Back