Is the Bryce Harper Contract a Good Bet?

Great fielder, I think he will get back to the top he is not the Albert Pujols at that age but that is hard to compare. I think the Philles will have a good run with this "kid"

To all the haters who said Bryce Harper's contract is a crutch! Four wins away from the world series! We had a great rotation of pitchers and a terrific bullpen, with an outstanding lineup of 1-9 that can burn anyone! We knocked the cards and braves out of the playoffs! And we have the best manager in baseball!

311989135_10167086017360492_182250315899929711_n.jpg
308762817_10167089178490492_6122129318894662940_n.jpg

To all the haters who said Bryce Harper's contract is a crutch! Four wins away from the world series! We had a great rotation of pitchers and a terrific bullpen, with an outstanding lineup of 1-9 that can burn anyone! We knocked the cards and braves out of the playoffs! And we have the best manager in baseball!

View attachment 711921View attachment 711922
"We"?

I had no idea you were even a member of the team.

View attachment 711921View attachment 711922
I don't hate Bryce Harper or the Phillies. He was the most hyped position player to ever come into the league and in 10 years has never led a team to the World Series. Good on him if he does it this time but the contract is still crazy imo.

I don't hate Bryce Harper or the Phillies. He was the most hyped position player to ever come into the league and in 10 years has never led a team to the World Series. Good on him if he does it this time but the contract is still crazy imo.
That contract is ridiculous. You don’t have to be a hater to recognize that

It will sure be interesting to watch the Aaron Judge negotiations that are about to commence, won't it?
Most certainly. The Yankees are now in a position where they have to compensate him an unearthly amount. The best course of action would probably be to spread the money around, get some pitching, fielding, players that get on base, but now they’re going to have to allocate the majority of their budget to Judge.

The Padres players Fernando Tatís Jr and Manny Machado's contracts are not good. If they had a do-over, they would have signed Bryce instead because he showed up in the playoffs. Harper crushed his most significant home run of his career to send us to the world series. I don't want to see anyone saying Soto, who batted 222 is better than Harper because that would be head-scratching, as you can see!

312733750_6341208979259138_5464266495539805392_n.jpg

The Padres players Fernando Tatís Jr and Manny Machado's contracts are not good. If they had a do-over, they would have signed Bryce instead because he showed up in the playoffs. Harper crushed his most significant home run of his career to send us to the world series. I don't want to see anyone saying Soto, who batted 222 is better than Harper because that would be head-scratching, as you can see!

View attachment 715144

The difference is the Padres big dollar players are much younger than Harper. The question is I think is it a good contract overall? Since Harper is several years older, I think a 6 year deal for half the money would have made a lot more sense. But I give him credit , he's doing all you could ask of a team leader on the biggest stage. The WS will be very interesting, the Phillies got hot at the right time.

Forum List

Back