Is the Bible clear?

Are you saying what I think your'e saying? You saw the face of Satan in a friend's face who was cursing?

You must see demons everywhere on this forum. People cuss all the time.
You missed the specific portion of what I just said obviously you do not read very well either do you?

Here are your own words:

"In that time I saw the face of satan appear in a dear friend as he cursed God. It was amazing."

Key word their "God".

You apparent been working with the justices up at the Iowa Appeals Courts. Leave a word or two out to spin what was actually stated into something entirely different....

You missed the specific portion of what I just said obviously you do not read very well either do you?

Here are your own words:

"In that time I saw the face of satan appear in a dear friend as he cursed God. It was amazing."

Key word their "God".

You apparent been working with the justices up at the Iowa Appeals Courts. Leave a word or two out to spin what was actually stated into something entirely different....

I directly quoted you. Are you saying that you see the face of Satan in every person who utters 'goddammit' when he stubs his toe? Kundalini, transcendence or psychosis?

Last edited:
I keep getting told the Bible is clear. I believe the Bible, but I dont think it's clear. Without the Spirit, I dont think its possible to understand what the Bible say

What say you?

I think the Bible is a mess, but we have to work with what we have. I think there are some good lessons, especially in the NT, but it's important to understand the history of the book, which few people do. The history of the book is tied to the history of the people. People that want to know more about what I'm saying should check out "Who Wrote The Bible" by Richard Friedman [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Who-Wrote-Bible-Richard-Friedman/dp/0060630353/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232925772&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Who Wrote the Bible?: Richard E. Friedman: Books[/ame]

I just found this article:

"Say a perfect stranger came up to you in a public setting. This person acted as though they knew you, despite having just met you for the first time. They strike up a conversation and somewhere in the middle they ask you if you have accepted the Easter Bunny as your God. With a perfectly straight face, they then proceed to tell you how the Earth started out as quiche baked in a giant oven for a week and the moon is just a hunk of cheese that fell off when they took it out to cool. Then after the quiche was cooled, the Easter Bunny came down, grabbed a couple of handfulls of the baked goodness, breathed life into it, and that's where humankind originated. Now, they go on to tell you story after story, and one story about how the Easter Bunny one day was hunted down and shot by the other inhabitants of the quiche, and they didn't just shoot him, they nailed him to a wall and tormented him for days on end before finally putting him out of his misery. And the Easter Bunny died so that no one would ever have to go hungry for quiche ever again. And that's why you should accept the Easter Bunny as your personal Lord and Savior. Not only that, but if you don't, when you die you'll have to move to a planet where there IS NO QUICHE and you have to do without it's savory goodness for all eternity.

It would take you all of how many seconds to walk away from this lunatic? Or maybe you're like me, and you stick around to see just how crazy they are...

Why is it that when we change the names and some of the smaller details it's easy to see how crazy it is? Yet there are millions of people who are otherwise reasonable and intelligent who fall for a different version of the Easter Bunny story and they just eat it up like it was quiche.

In a very literal, clinical context, to be a faithful Christian is to suffer from a Delusional Psychosis. They believe things that cannot be proven, things that any reasonably intelligent person would see through immediately in the right light, and they don't know they're delusional. In a very real sense, there is no way to differentiate between Christianity and other forms of Psychosis, but because we have gotten used to overlooking the "religious" we no longer see them as mentally ill."
SoulCast - Christianity: Religion or Psychosis?

Here are your own words:

Key word their "God".

I directly quoted you. Are you saying that you see the face of Satan in every person who utters 'goddammit' when he stubs his toe?
I did not specify exactly what the man was saying. I merely said, "as he cursed God."

You really are a very presumptious one. Either take your own suggestion of using that "ignore" option or work on getting what another has said correct.

You projected the 'face of Satan' onto a man's face when he cursed God. You said you saw the face of Satan on a man's face when he cursed God.

I'm asking you how you know the difference between your so-called 'Holy Spirit filled vision' and a psychological projection, hallucination or psychotic break?

Psychosis symptoms are different in each person, but usually include hallucinations (such as seeing, hearing or sensing something that others don’t experience) and/or delusions (fixed false ideas).
http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/publications/visions/campuses/prog/web/5

Last edited:
You projected the 'face of Satan' onto a man's face when he cursed God. You said you saw the face of Satan on a man's face when he cursed God.

I'm asking you how you know the difference between your so-called 'Holy Spirit filled vision' and a psychological projection, hallucination or psychotic break?

Psychosis symptoms are different in each person, but usually include hallucinations (such as seeing, hearing or sensing something that others don’t experience) and/or delusions (fixed false ideas).
Recovery From Psychosis Is Expected | Here to Help, A BC Information Resource for Individuals and Families Managing Mental Health or Substance Use Problems

For me there is no doubt in what I have been shown. That is good enough for me to know. For you that may be different.

I don't have a problem with what I have seen or experience, the Bible confirms what I have been shown for me. Apparently you do have some misaligned issue with that. It is not my problem.

Take or leave it it's totally up to you at this point.

BTW, it was the friend who broke down in tears shortly there after that. He came into our home and pour his heart out. It was good lesson for understanding.

You believe you had a vision or spiritual experience of the Holy Spirit and Satan. I accept that as your belief. What do you think of the visions that Native Americans have? Are they authentic? Are only Bible inspired visions genuine?

What about psychotics who kill and they claim that Jesus or God commanded them to do so? How would a lay person be able to tell the difference between psychotic features with religious expression and genuine spiritual experiences?

Do you continue to see demons? Where do you see them? What do they look like?

Last edited:
You believe you had a vision or spiritual experience of the Holy Spirit and Satan. I accept that as your belief. What do you think of the visions that Native Americans have?
Many Native Americans saw the Great White Spirit. People around the world of all nationalities have experiences. They have from the beggining of time. I believe the spirits are real. Does everyone understand what they are shown? Not always. Although there have been recent reports of Muslims throughout seeing Jesus.

Jalu said:
Are they authentic?

Are only Bible inspired visions genuine?
I believe that answer was covered in the response above.

Jalu said:
What about psychotics who kill and they claim that Jesus or God commanded them to do so? How would a lay person be able to tell the difference between psychotic features with religious expression and genuine spiritual experiences?

Physcos have also reported being possessed by demons.

Why not ask the Lord. Take it to a higher authority. Why take my word for it?

Jalu said:
Do you continue to see demons? Where do you see them? What do they look like?

Why not go read books and watch the videos that people have already taken time to detail what they have seen?

Last edited:
I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I ask questions because I think deeply on these things. I am not particularly interested in watching Christian videos.

I asked you do you continue to see demons? How is it you experience demons? What do you think demons are? Are they outside or inside of yourself?

Last edited:
I appreciate you sharing your experiences. I ask questions because I think deeply on these things.

I am not interested in watching Christian videos. Do you continue to see demons?
Sometimes.

Now this is a discussion I will enjoy, As for the Bible being clear, there are certain parts that are very clear and others that need to be authoritatively interpreted. Who has the authority to interpret is another discussion, but just from the instant arguments spawned by the question "Is the Bible clear?" it is clear it's not clear as a whole.
Anyones written words can be misinterpreted. We misinterpret our friends all the time and have fallings out because of things as simple as a typo.

Take for example, I borrow a very nice shirt from a friend. I haven't returned it for a long time because I was busy and forgot. Then my friend texts me back and says "where have you been man?"
I respond back in text "Come get your shit" and he never talks to me again. All because he jumped to a conclusion based on what he saw... never considering I forgot to put the R in the word.

I see. Thanks for answering the question directly.

I really liked your initial question. What is the Spirit and how can you know if it is guiding you?
I could give a whole sermon on the difference between the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) and the gift of the Holy Spirit. But I will spare you, because nobody wants to read essays.

I believe the Bible clears some of this up. In Galations chapter 5 I believe a clear answer is given as to who is being led by the flesh or by the Spirit of God. When the Bible refers to fruits it is referring to the things a person or thing produces. "By their fruits ye shall know them" in Matthew chapter 5. But in Galations we read:
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

So in laymans terms, I would say you can judge a person by their actions if they are led by the spirit or not.
Does that seem to make sense?

If they're out killing people, they're probably NOT being led by the spirit?

Do you see demons too?

Recovery From Psychosis Is Expected | Here to Help, A BC Information Resource for Individuals and Families Managing Mental Health or Substance Use Problems

Actualy, I've got a couple of things to say about this.......

First off, the SaTan is pretty much unseen to the normal eye (the people from India call it the "third eye"). Now, when you are influenced by the Holy Spirit, well...the Jews have a name for it. They call it the "shkinah", which literally translated, means "light of God".

The Buddhists, Taoists and Zen masters call it enlightenment.

Now......think of looking at it like your house at night. If the lights are off, it kinda takes a while to find your way around without hurting yourself. However, if you turn on the lights, you can see clearly, and avoid the obstacles.

So.....in answer to your question as to whether or not the Holy Spirit shows you demons? Yep. Because you're sitting in enlightenment (light) you can see clearly......the stuff you like, as well as the garbage that needs to leave.

As far as knowing if it's actually God or not? Simple......just sit zazen (meditation pose) for a while and listen. Prayer is YOU talking to God. Meditation is listening to God speak to you. Many different ways of doing it by the way......Native American, as well as tribesmen from all over the wold have known that if you do certain things (peyote, salvia divinorum, psycilocybin mushrooms, etc...), you will end up in the spirit realm, and be able to learn things. That's why the Shamen did what they did.

Yoga is also good for that by the way........

So....how do you really know if it's God or not? Again......Simple........Since God is Love, and we've all been told that for awhile, well.....if you know how you act around people you love, you will be able to know if God is there or not. Everyone generally laughs quite a bit around people they love. Laughter is healing. So is Music. Patch Adams actually PROVED his theory that laughter could heal people. Robin Williams was in the movie.

So......if you're laughing and feeling pretty decent, you're in the presence of the Holy Spirit, which is to say that you're in the presence of God.

If they're out killing people, they're probably NOT being led by the spirit?

Do you see demons too?

Precisely.... You just saw the fruits of the flesh or devil. strifes and murderings would be part of those.

Peaceful people are being led by the spirit.

No, I don't see demons. At least not yet.

Last edited:
And.......as far as "peaceful people are led by the Spirit"?

Might wanna re-think that one also dude.........

King David was anything OTHER than peaceful. He was a warrior, yet he was also led by the Spirit.

Same with a lot of other people throughout the Bible.

Constantine (you know.....the guy that expanded the Roman Empire?), was also believed to be led by the Spirit.

He was also a warrior, and anything but peaceful.

Wanna go recent memory? How's about the Jewish Resistance Fighters during WWII? Martin Luther King Jr. was also a warrior, and was NOT afraid. He was peaceful in action, but fierce in words. That's why they killed him.

Yeshua Himself was a warrior. Peaceful most of the time, but violent when He had to be. Remember the money changers in the Temple?

So no.....peaceful people are not the only ones led by the Spirit.

Get a clue.

Forum List

Back