Is the avalanche starting yet?

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
Apparently the campaign to protest Rather's dishonesty and arrogance is making some inroads. I'd like to say something profound, but "Goodie, goodie goodie" is the only thing that comes to mind and that's way too childish.
======================================================

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133365,00.html

E-Mail Campaign Aims to Oust Rather
Thursday, September 23, 2004

NEW YORK — Station managers at several CBS affiliates said Thursday they appear to be a target of a national e-mail campaign placing pressure on the network to oust Dan Rather (search) as anchorman of the "CBS Evening News."

The anger stems from Rather's role in a "60 Minutes" report on President Bush's service in the National Guard (search). CBS has apologized for reporting on documents critical of Bush's service, widely assumed now as fakes, and appointed a panel to investigate what went wrong in the report.

Many e-mailers offer the same message: I will not watch CBS News again until Rather is gone, said Bob Lee, president and general manager of WDBJ-TV in Roanoke, Va., and head of the CBS affiliate board.

"To be honest, I'm most concerned when the e-mail is coming from a local viewer," said Gary Gardner, vice president and general manager of WINK-TV in Fort Myers, Fla.

Lee said he can't recall any other issue getting such a big response from viewers.

Station managers take such a response very seriously. They are, in effect, Rather's constituency and several said they're eager to see what former U.S. Attorney General Dick Thornburgh (search) and former Associated Press chief executive Louis D. Boccardi turn up in their probe of CBS News operations.

This investigation can ONLY conclude that some one wanted this story to be true SO BADLY that proper protocal was not followed. All we need is the names!

I am so glad I wrote, and responded to their reply. Politely explained that the apology wasn't and didn't suffice. So glad.

Kathianne said:
I am so glad I wrote, and responded to their reply. Politely explained that the apology wasn't and didn't suffice. So glad.

I'm still pecking away at writing to their sponsors. This is a great opportunity to force shows like 60 minutes to clean up their act. You know they'll never do it voluntarily.

Forum List

Back