Is the 9/11 hearings with Bush not important to the nation?

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
9/11 COMMISSIONERS BOB KERREY AND LEE HAMILTON LEAVE IN MIDDLE OF BUSH/CHENEY TESTIMONY

A meeting that both the White House and the 9/11 commission had billed as historic... the Oval Office session began at 9:30 a.m. and ended at 12:40 p.m., and two Democrat commission members -- Lee Hamilton, the vice chairman, and Bob Kerrey -- walked out!

The departure has ignited talk throughout official Washington.

In a written statement, Kerrey said he left an hour early to attend 'a previously scheduled meeting with Senator Pete Domenici on Capitol Hill.'

Hamilton left Bush/Cheney 70 minutes early to meet with the Canadian Prime Minister.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

What I couldnt do with the people running against them after todays events. it would be so fun coming up with campaigns!

beat me to it Jimmy. I heard about it on Rush this afternoon. Kinda boggles the mind if you ask me. After so much hoopla about getting Bush and Cheney to testify then they just leave in the middle.

Well, come on, after all....they are only elected. They aren't slaves you know. I sure would be interested in knowing if a congressman I elected decided to blow off the president/vice president in order to meet with someone else.

Might make me change my mind on the next election day.

They probably left because after hearing the two of them talk,they realised they couldn't nail them on anything to try to hamper the election,which is probably the only reason they were even on this cvommission.

Lame: http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/20011.htm

May 1, 2004 -- Yesterday's Post.Democratic 9/11 commission member Bob Kerrey apologized yesterday to the families of the terror victims for dashing out in the middle of the panel's Oval Office interview with President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.
Kerrey was reacting to The Post's front-page yesterday - "Oval Office Insult" - which described how he and fellow Democratic panelist Lee Hamilton slipped out of a side door of the White House on Thursday about 40 minutes before the session was over.

"I apologize to the families if they're offended by this," Kerrey told CNN. "But I do think that I've represented the families' interests and did so in the questioning to the president."

Kerrey and Hamilton's early exit - in the middle of the commission's one and only chance to question Bush and Cheney about 9/11 - stunned many Washington officials, as well as family members.

Kerrey admitted The Post's reporting of the incident "accurately reflected the choice [he] made during the meeting," but he insisted he didn't "insult the president."

The former Nebraska senator said he had a noon appointment to keep with Sen. Pete Domenici (R-N.M.) to discuss funding for a project at the New School University, where he serves as president.

"I've got a full-time job . . . And I've left my university for already well over 100 hours of work to try to do my job on this commission," Kerrey said.

What a hoot!!!!

And these two assholes couldn't even come up with a good excuse.

"Aaah 'scuse me there, GW, but the wife just called and wants a nooner." Now that would have worked because at least it would have demonstrated a proper sense of priorities. :boobies:

LOL, I'm still laughing,

"Aaah 'scuse me there, GW, but the wife just called and wants a nooner." Now that would have worked because at least it would have demonstrated a proper sense of priorities.

Forum List

Back