1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
3 tbsp olive oil
Half an onion, diced
Clove of garlic, diced
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper

I like to pour the can of diced tomatoes in a food processor and blend it until it's smooth. I don't like pieces of tomato in my food, but that's up to the individual. I put the meat into a crock pot and pour the diced tomato mix, cilantro and olive oil in with the meat and stir it around until the meat is all coated with the ingredients. I let it marinate over night.

On cooking day I add the chili powder, cumin, onion, and garlic, mix it in, and let it cook on LOW for about 6 hours.

I cut the green and red peppers into strips and put it into the crock pot about 30 minutes before completion time, to tenderize them.

I prefer soft tacos, so I use tortillas. You simply shred the beef apart and fill up a tortilla or a hard shell, put some peppers in with it, and add your favorite toppings.

I have to credit some of this to bones, and shogun. They gave me the idea to cook the meat in the crock pot, but I basically formed the rest of the recipe myself.

Tacos:

1 package of stew meat cubes, or a roast
1 can of Rotel brand diced tomatoes & green chiles
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
3 tbsp olive oil
Half an onion, diced
Clove of garlic, diced
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper

I like to pour the can of diced tomatoes in a food processor and blend it until it's smooth. I don't like pieces of tomato in my food, but that's up to the individual. I put the meat into a crock pot and pour the diced tomato mix, cilantro and olive oil in with the meat and stir it around until the meat is all coated with the ingredients. I let it marinate over night.

On cooking day I add the chili powder, cumin, onion, and garlic, mix it in, and let it cook on LOW for about 6 hours.

I cut the green and red peppers into strips and put it into the crock pot about 30 minutes before completion time, to tenderize them.

I prefer soft tacos, so I use tortillas. You simply shred the beef apart and fill up a tortilla or a hard shell, put some peppers in with it, and add your favorite toppings.

I have to credit some of this to bones, and shogun. They gave me the idea to cook the meat in the crock pot, but I basically formed the rest of the recipe myself.

That sounds great! Nicely done. ;)

So what are you cooking up?

Well actually I was going over all the meals that you ladies are cooking in this thread and was starting to think that maybe it's time for a new woman :D

Ah, shaddup. So you got a ring for the lady yet? :eusa_angel:

What's your dish that everyone goes mad for? All men have at least one.

Five Cheese Lasagna with home made sauce, home made pasta, Italian sausage, and lots of cheese.

This is on the menu tonight.

I use about 5 boneless chicken breasts and alter the rest of the ingredients accordingly. It's very yummy and even better the next day.

Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

Oh that sounds good. Added to my recipe file. Thanks.

Change the amount of ingredients to suit your taste. I used 5 boneless breasts (2 were pretty small), 4 cups mezza penne pasta, 1 1/2 cans (14.5 oz) fireroasted diced tomatoes (yes, I have 1/2 can left over), 2 cups mozeralla, doubled the breadcrumbs/butter (was out of parm cheese), double parsley. I just browned the chicken (seasoned it w/ salt, pepper, onion powder) quickly while the pasta was cooking then combined everything when the pasta was done. Half hour to cook, 15 minutes to cool a bit. This amount served five plus a decent amount leftover. Soooooo good.

I have found that when it comes to breasts, you should go for the medium-sized ones. Although the small breasts and the large breasts both have value and are sure to please, it's those medium-sized ones that have always brought me the most enjoyment. I'm sure some might disagree but it's what I like.

Tonight is Portehouse steaks cooked medium rare with Italian quinoa and rice and fresh veggies.

It's cool here today. I was feeling some chili.

1 Lb Hamburger
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Extra Hot Rotel
1 Bottle Heineken
6 Tbs Chili Powder
2 Cloves Elephant Ear Garlic
2 White Onions
2 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Mexican Oregano
1 16 oz Can Tomato Sauce
4 Tbs Kosher Salt
3 Tbs Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Brown Hamburger

Cook other ingredients in large pot for 2 hours adding browned hamburger in last 30 minutes of cooking.

Serve over and with anything, but the preferred way is over Fritos topped with fresh shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sliced red onion.

Yummy

Tonight is Portehouse steaks cooked medium rare with Italian quinoa and rice and fresh veggies.

1 Lb Hamburger
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Extra Hot Rotel
1 Bottle Heineken
6 Tbs Chili Powder
2 White Onions
2 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Mexican Oregano
1 16 oz Can Tomato Sauce
4 Tbs Kosher Salt

Brown Hamburger

Cook other ingredients in large pot for 2 hours adding browned hamburger in last 30 minutes of cooking.

Serve over and with anything, but the preferred way is over Fritos topped with fresh shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sliced red onion.

Yummy

I'd scarf it down in a heart beat, my wife on the other hand....... And I'd be sleeping on the couch that night. :lol:

1 Lb Hamburger
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Extra Hot Rotel
1 Bottle Heineken
6 Tbs Chili Powder
2 White Onions
2 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Mexican Oregano
1 16 oz Can Tomato Sauce
4 Tbs Kosher Salt

Brown Hamburger

Yummy

That's not much sauce for all of that.

1 Lb Hamburger
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Extra Hot Rotel
1 Bottle Heineken
6 Tbs Chili Powder
2 White Onions
2 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Mexican Oregano
1 16 oz Can Tomato Sauce
4 Tbs Kosher Salt

Brown Hamburger

Yummy

Nope, I like my chili thick. feel free to add a little water if you don't like much heat, cuz that shit is HOT.

1 Lb Hamburger
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Extra Hot Rotel
1 Bottle Heineken
6 Tbs Chili Powder
2 White Onions
2 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Mexican Oregano
1 16 oz Can Tomato Sauce
4 Tbs Kosher Salt

Brown Hamburger

Yummy

Nope, I like my chili thick. feel free to add a little water if you don't like much heat, cuz that shit is HOT.

I love Rotel products.

I usually use two cans of the diced tomatoes and green chiles and a can of regular tomato sauce as well. I like it hot but not hellfire. The only thing I like that hot is wings.

I love Rotel products.

I usually use two cans of the diced tomatoes and green chiles and a can of regular tomato sauce as well. I like it hot but not hellfire. The only thing I like that hot is wings.

Have you ever used the chili mix? it's not as good as making your own, but okay for chili in a hurry, you just add it to sauce add some meat and beans and done.

and yes I also LOVE Rotel, the hotter the better. But my sister can't take it , when she's coming for Chili I use TWO cans of sauce and just add jalapenos to mine

I love Rotel products.

Have you ever used the chili mix? it's not as good as making your own, but okay for chili in a hurry, you just add it to sauce add some meat and beans and done.

and yes I also LOVE Rotel, the hotter the better. But my sister can't take it , when she's coming for Chili I use TWO cans of sauce and just add jalapenos to mine

I don't bother making chili if the only thing available is packet mix. In that case I would just make my spaghetti meat sauce instead because I have those ingredients around all the time.

Spaghetti:

3 cans of you favorite tomato sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano
4 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon parsley
1 lb ground beef

In a sauce pan, pour the olive oil in and then add the garlic powder, oregano, and parsley. Heat on very low while mixing it into a paste. Once you can start to smell the aroma of the spices in the air, you pour in the tomato sauce and blend.

Brown the ground beef and add it to the sauce. Cook covered on the lowest setting for about 3 hours.

Sometimes I use the crock pot, sometimes a sauce pan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back