Is That The Dinner Bell?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Nice, cool fall days. What's on the menus? Roast chicken perhaps...

thin cut rib eyes are the grill baked taters....it got hot here today....

i am looking forward to cooler temps and then its chicken and dumplings time....

maybe a nice stew with cornbread

thin cut rib eyes are the grill baked taters....it got hot here today....

i am looking forward to cooler temps and then its chicken and dumplings time....

maybe a nice stew with cornbread

It's in high 50's here, but drops close to freezing at night. Well cooking is out, going to watch my friend's 7 year old grandson play flag football. Left over stew or chicken soup, whichever the son doesn't eat before I get home. ;)

Tonight is meatloaf night. :thup:

I'm looking forward to roast pork with apples. And the chicken and dumplings, meat pies, homemade soups, beef stew....now I'm getting hungry!

Tonight is meatloaf night. :thup:

I'm looking forward to roast pork with apples. And the chicken and dumplings, meat pies, homemade soups, beef stew....now I'm getting hungry!

I think Chicken n' Dumplings is on the menu for Sunday. Love that! Oh, I made the best stew the other day, actually last weekend made two different ones, both good, but the beef stew was the best! Chicken soup rocked too.

Next up, sides the C n D, split pea.

Ladies, I can be single in a moment's notice.

Just throwing that out there...

My special Italian tomato soup and grilled cheddar-asiago cheese sandwiches.

Soup:
(In quantity)

2 large cans condensed tomato soup
(add water, milk or both as per instructions on can.)
1 can peeled tomatoes or substitute with 5 blanched, peeled fresh tomatoes, diced
I large sweet onion, finely diced
1 lb cooked ground Italian sausage
(Sweet or spicy)
1/2 of a small bottle of Italian seasoning

Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and cook on medium-low heat for at least 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese

My special Italian tomato soup and grilled cheddar-asiago cheese sandwiches.

Soup:
(In quantity)

2 large cans condensed tomato soup
(add water, milk or both as per instructions on can.)
1 can peeled tomatoes or substitute with 5 blanched, peeled fresh tomatoes, diced
I large sweet onion, finely diced
1 lb cooked ground Italian sausage
(Sweet or spicy)
1/2 of a small bottle of Italian seasoning

Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and cook on medium-low heat for at least 1 hour, stirring frequently.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese

I make that same soup, VERY delicious.

I made my world class chicken pot pie tonight.

My wife made Gyoza tonight.

gyoza-722854.jpg

Ladies, I can be single in a moment's notice.

Just throwing that out there...

So what are you cooking up?

Well actually I was going over all the meals that you ladies are cooking in this thread and was starting to think that maybe it's time for a new woman :D

Ah, shaddup. So you got a ring for the lady yet? :eusa_angel:

What's your dish that everyone goes mad for? All men have at least one.

My wife has a recipe for Chicken Stew that was passed down from her grandmother I think. When we were dating she'd come over and make a huge pot of it so I could eat it all week. It's great over rice.

That had me hooked! :D

This is on the menu tonight.

I use about 5 boneless chicken breasts and alter the rest of the ingredients accordingly. It's very yummy and even better the next day.

Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina Recipe : Giada De Laurentiis : Food Network

Oh that sounds good. Added to my recipe file. Thanks.

Change the amount of ingredients to suit your taste. I used 5 boneless breasts (2 were pretty small), 4 cups mezza penne pasta, 1 1/2 cans (14.5 oz) fireroasted diced tomatoes (yes, I have 1/2 can left over), 2 cups mozeralla, doubled the breadcrumbs/butter (was out of parm cheese), double parsley. I just browned the chicken (seasoned it w/ salt, pepper, onion powder) quickly while the pasta was cooking then combined everything when the pasta was done. Half hour to cook, 15 minutes to cool a bit. This amount served five plus a decent amount leftover. Soooooo good.

So what are you cooking up?

Well actually I was going over all the meals that you ladies are cooking in this thread and was starting to think that maybe it's time for a new woman :D

I plead the 5th on the ring thing.

As far as my dish, I have several. I love to cook.

I make an awesome beef stew, recently learned a great taco recipe, great spaghetti, an awesome chili, stuffed peppers...

I make a lot of dishes.

I plead the 5th on the ring thing.

As far as my dish, I have several. I love to cook.

I make an awesome beef stew, recently learned a great taco recipe, great spaghetti, an awesome chili, stuffed peppers...

I make a lot of dishes.

Paulie, gonna get on ya about that ring thing. ;)

Pick your best and put the recipe up, please?

Forum List

Back