Is Terrorism the central plank of US led Invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq ?

Quatermass

Apr 14, 2009
It's easy for the Western 'viewing public' of ongoing Imperialist wars to presume that terrorism is predominantly the weapon of choice employed by the fanatical religious Jihadist; desperate, disenfranchised, and filled with a burning rage which negates their basic humanity. However, lets take a brief look at the belligerent activities of plundering western Capitalists.

Take for example the invasion of Fallujah in November 04 by American, and their allied troops in the guise of ‘liberators’, bravely collapsing houses on the heads of Iraqi civilians as they huddled in their cellars. This after the city was bombarded with chemical weapons, melting the flesh from women and children, exposing their bones; causing agonising death. Exhilarated Allied troops shooting anything and everything that moved supported by fearless American helicopter gun-ships in the background.

Here is a single incident of US terrorism among many. Dutifully carried out by American foot-soldiers on the front line, employed by the representatives of US predatory Imperialists at home in order to secure continued access to depleting oil reserves, and cynically paraded as some form of 'welcomed liberation' by corrupted politicians through privately controlled mass-media outlets.

Britain also. Its desperate and flustered squads of soldiers rushing back and forth in the great expanses of Afghanistan, firing at shadows on the horizon with the best equipment sterling can afford. Except those shadows are often non-combatants. Helpless elderly figures that don’t know what’s just hit them as they lay in a pool of their own blood and curious children that raise their head at the wrong time, and lose it. When confronted by any significant resistance on the ground the intrepid Tommy darts off, calling in an aerial bombardment of settlements which are bound to contain civilians.

Just as the suicide bomber in a martyr's vest is willing to mow down unsuspecting souls indiscriminately; in its failure to defeat their ostensibly identified foe, the Allied crusader armed forces employ the same recourse of ‘blanket destruction’: An arbitrary massacre of anything and anyone that is near to, and therefore "probably fraternising with, the enemy".

Watch on 'YouTube' the Italian documentary, viewed over 48,500 times - Type:
Fallujah The Hidden Message
and also:
American soldier I killed innocent people
to hear a Fallujah veteran speak out.

Classic Terrorism?

nah classic terrorisim....is cutting the head off a journalist and posting the video on you tube....

no wait.....it is cuting the clitorus off a young girl.....

no wait....burying a woman up to her neck and then stoning her for not wearing a veil....

no wait....oh i give up ...we are after the heroin and oil....you caught us...

manu1959

In fact, if you’d taken the time to view the videos cited, just such atrocities and on a far worse scale are being performed on the frontline by American soldiers, and financed by the U.S. tax-payer.

While the brutality of stoning women could be construed as a form of patriarchal terrorism, the circumcision of young girls represents cultural backwardness. Female repression through ritualised abuse.

Civilians are not our targets they are casualties of war. Stop trying to label Americans as terrorists just because you sympathise with idiocy.

'mr president'

Your claim that civilians are not targets in US aggression is amply contradicted by the statements of veteran and serving US military personnel in the links I don't suppose you even bothered to view; contradicted in the footage of piled up partially incinerated civilians, of women still clutching their babies, immortalized in mutual agonies of death from chemical weapons that brave American boys despatched into their homes. Contradicted in the lost generation from record infant mortality rates due to U.S. championed Iraqi sanctions, and the mounting side effects of U.S. manufactured radiological and other illegal ordnance, deployed both in its attacks on populated zones in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as by its Israeli collaborators on Gazan civilians.

How apt that you've taken upon yourself the appellation of 'mr president'. This best describes your ability to consciously blinker away from the true, cold, harsh consequences of American Terrorism.

HAHA do you write for the national enquirer. I wouldn't blink away from american terrorism if it were so. However, you are claiming nothing that was not happening before we arrived. The fact is that bombs do not discriminate. If the citizens do not evacuate they are subject to be casualties of war. Knowing this they should have left. American soldiers are not terrorist they are indeed warriors. That is why war is best left to those who know what they are talking about. Your name reveals much about you as well. Im sure you know quartermass means bizzare. Proving to me that you are an outcast looking for attention and affection. That is understood and I am here to teach you from this day on your name is Luke and you can call me Obi Wan Kenobi

‘mr president’

My previous comparison of you with your President was fitting in that you appear to share the infamous Bush disregard for Human life. Here you shamelessly dismiss the atrocities carried out by U.S. Terrorist soldiers on the front line with the glib excuses:
“nothing that was not happening before we arrived”
“If the citizens do not evacuate they are subject to be casualties of war”
“war is best left to those who know what they are talking about”
What a poor excuse for a human being you exemplify ‘mr president’. And what a sad reflection if this, your clearly debased and bankrupt ideology is somehow widespread in America.

You are wrong about my name, and I doubt from your contributions that you have much to teach anyone.

Im no longer amused with you Bizzare please read more than magazines with nessy and sasquatch on the front.

It's easy for the Western 'viewing public' of ongoing Imperialist wars to presume that terrorism is predominantly the weapon of choice employed by the fanatical religious Jihadist; desperate, disenfranchised, and filled with a burning rage which negates their basic humanity. However, lets take a brief look at the belligerent activities of plundering western Capitalists.

Take for example the invasion of Fallujah in November 04 by American, and their allied troops in the guise of ‘liberators’, bravely collapsing houses on the heads of Iraqi civilians as they huddled in their cellars. This after the city was bombarded with chemical weapons, melting the flesh from women and children, exposing their bones; causing agonising death. Exhilarated Allied troops shooting anything and everything that moved supported by fearless American helicopter gun-ships in the background.

The second paragraph is every bit as propagandistic as the satirical first paragraph. Should we be in Iraq? Of course not. Are an excessive number of civilians being killed? Yes. Should the military be more discriminate in who it targets? Yes. The US military, however, isn't the mass of sadistic, battle-frenzied, civilian-massacring monsters that you seem to think it is.

Kalam

The frenzy of American soldiers in raging battles against an invisible enemy at Fallujah is no mythical construct. News footage shows troops tossing grenades in peoples houses on the off-chance resistance may lurk in the dark. Whole tower Blocks were collapsed because gunfire was seen to emerge from one of the floors. A whole city raised to the ground despite the fact many civilians remained to protect their property from looters, as would happen in any country, including the U.S.A.

What does it take to transform a 'regular guy' into a baby killing uniformed Terrorist? Not much it seems.

Take into account the frustration encountered by the soldier who cannot identify an enemy he or she has been trained to engage. Take into account also the opportunity given in such a circumstance to vent that frustration; to take vengeance for fallen comrades on shadows in windows and buildings in the background. The scene is set. The weapons are loaded. Leaflets have been dropped, so an excuse is at hand. And the top brass have given their blessing.

The rest is history. Those shadows were perhaps frightened people hiding in the only safe refuge they know. Those buildings in the background perhaps a sanctuary for a family group. That tower block which was demolished by artillery barrage because a sniper may have been on one of the floors perhaps a 'solid protection' for many residents.

The death toll speaks for itself.

There is no doubt of the Terrorist nature of the Fallujah massacre. It was a very clear message from the very top level of U.S. administration delivered by willing American soldiers, to the whole civilian populations of Iraq and Afghanistan, saying 'if you allow the insurgent forces to dwell amongst you, you to will feel the full effects of our military prowess.'

Civilians are not our targets they are casualties of war. Stop trying to label Americans as terrorists just because you sympathise with idiocy.

yeah! We're just HORRIBLY inaccurate, all accidental you know... LMFAO.

White phosphorus is all about avoiding civillian casualties, since we care so much about brown people in other countries.

HAHA do you write for the national enquirer. I wouldn't blink away from american terrorism if it were so.

Time to put that to the test... define terrorism in a way that excludes the actions of the American military establishment.

Cite the first War on Terror if you can too, there may even be a few similarities to the current war on that dastardly 'T' word.

... the Allied crusader armed forces ...

This phrase makes clear that you re looking at this from a religious point of view, which isn't true since Turkey a predominant muslim country is also involved in Afghanistan.

Gurdari

Terrorism, even when confined to combative parties is generally deemed to involve the use of illegal ordnance or methods.

When America or Israel incorporate, not only banned and illegal armaments and also methods, then deliberately deploy these against a defenceless civilian population, as they did in Vietnam, and a whole host of historical aggressions the true nature of their Terrorist impiety becomes apparent.

These are the colours of US Imperialism in this modern age. These are the tactical measures your rotten nation is prepared to employ in their day to day involvement with those regions that possess a natural asset that they decide to annexe for their own ends.

Perhaps such a proposition is lost on the manic American who tends to prefix arguments about their nations record on terrorist atrocities with:
Gurdari hahahahaha
but there it is.

Quatermass, as soon as you start ranting with language like "your rotten nation" and "manic American", you destine your post to the scrap heap of empty rhetoric and vitriolic bigotry.

Didn't Quatermass have a pit. Why don't you crawl back to it. Nobody here is interested in your bile.

Munin...

Firstly you ought to only go by the content I have posted, none of which has any religious connotations, in order to make your assesment of the basis of my criticisms of American policy.

Your point about Turkey or any other country acting out of some form of religious precept should also be measured against the reality of all nations‘ ostensible claims to be this or that way inclined and the reality which manifests itself in actual policy.

Bush claimed to be ‘Christian’, along with a significant slice of the country, yet he and America came out of that term of office with the blood of countless innocent foreigners due to relentless aggression on its part and three raging predatory wars on its hands.

Hardly Christ-like.

Epsilon Delta...

As I remarked in my original question, the Video has been accessed by over 48 thousand viewers on ‘You Tube‘, (mostly American). And yes. it should also be aired in the mainstream media. However given that in the U.S. model of bourgeois ‘democracy’ is in fact a ‘dictatorship of the Bourgeois elite’, such content will inevitably be consigned to fringe coverage, if any.

Bootneck...

Could it indeed be possible that a nation may earn that appellation of ‘rotten’ if it should leave such a trail of death and destruction, of exploitation and coercion, of deadly mascination and interference in its wake, and that a certain type of character be correctly defined as ‘manic’ by their socially demented attributes and behaviour?

Take a brief perusal of this table displaying a summary of U.S. (official) foreign aggressions, and judge them by their own fruits:
History of U.S. Military Interventions since 1890

Do you and readers here, have the ability to objectively ascertain these qualities without patriotic or nostalgic reaction, or are you prone to obediently leap to the defence and rescue, whether by land or sea, of an establishment which is floundering on every front, moral, social, political, military and economic?

Bootneck...

Could it indeed be possible that a nation may earn that appellation of ‘rotten’ if it should leave such a trail of death and destruction, of exploitation and coercion, of deadly mascination and interference in its wake, and that a certain type of character be correctly defined as ‘manic’ by their socially demented attributes and behaviour?

Take a brief perusal of this table displaying a summary of U.S. (official) foreign aggressions, and judge them by their own fruits:
History of U.S. Military Interventions since 1890

Do you and readers here, have the ability to objectively ascertain these qualities without patriotic or nostalgic reaction, or are you prone to obediently leap to the defence and rescue, whether by land or sea, of an establishment which is floundering on every front, moral, social, political, military and economic?

Quatermass, go preach your hatred, bigotry and bile to someone who cares. I'd rather crawl through broken glass on my bare knees to pick matchsticks out of dog shit with my teeth, than read anything you point me to!

Forum List

Back