Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
Notice how the far RW fringers are quick to attack and label their fellow American workers that are PEACEFULLY protesting their mistreatment as "using the threat of violence."

Yet, when RWers came to public rallies with rifles and assault weapons they called it excersizing their Rights.

Interesting how that works in the Far RW minds...isn't it?

hahahaha, PEACEFUL. so you don''t have a problem with them shutting down the SCHOOLS they work in and still ask those parents to PAY THEIR SALARIES.? I guess we are all suppose to fweel sorry for them for spitting on us.
and they are now being MISTREATED...by being asked to do as the Obama told US we would all have to do, get some SKIN IN THE GAME.
I LAUGH:lol:

You should pay attention. It's recent news. Kerry on.

Then, you should have no problem linking that story. I would like to see what happened to the teacher....

It wasn't a teacher it was a substitute teacher, substitutes are those that can't get a job teaching and are normally unqualified for the material but are warm bodies that fill in when the regular teacher is out.

Chicago Board of Ed Sued for Teacher Allegedly Showing 'Brokeback Mountain' in Class - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Many try to paint this as a "teacher" that did it, however it was not the regular teacher and they conveniently spin it by leaving the "substitute" part out.

>>>>

Ah...the type of 'teacher' we'd get if they get rid of all the qualified, unionfied teachers.....your schools if some of the Righties get their way folks. THEY WANT unqualified baby sitters, it would appear.

Notice how the far RW fringers are quick to attack and label their fellow American workers that are PEACEFULLY protesting their mistreatment as "using the threat of violence."

Yet, when RWers came to public rallies with rifles and assault weapons they called it excersizing their Rights.

Yes.

OK.
Are you saying they dont balk at a cost cut that affects them?
Are you saying that others are not also important?
Are you saying they did not choose that trade by choice?

What are you saying is nonsense?

Your entire premise.

Its just another attack at the workers who are already shouldering the burden of tax breaks to the rich.

Its just another opportunity and excuse for the RW to bust up the unions.

Look how quick the RWer fringers pounce and attack their fellow American WORKERS.

Yet they are quick to drop to their knees and service Big Business.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Spin, as is the norm for you MarcAtl.

We are attacking the arrogance of those that make up the academic workforce. Sure they are important. So are the farmers so we can eat, the doctors so we can be healthy, the police so we can be safe, the manufacturwers of electronics so we can be entertained, the manufascturers of shoes so we can not go barefoot.

People opt to be teachers, farmers, police, electronics manufacturers, doctors, shoe manufacturers.

Yet, for some reason, the teachers feel that they should be put on a pedestal for choosing their profession.

Ironically, they all seem to say they do it ONLY becuase they care about the better good for society...but the minute they need to do what is necessry for the good of society from a financial standpoint, the balk, complain and say...."not us!"

Are teachers on average overpaid?

No.

There's no such thing as an overpaid working person.

hahahaha, PEACEFUL. so you don''t have a problem with them shutting down the SCHOOLS they work in and still ask those parents to PAY THEIR SALARIES.? I guess we are all suppose to fweel sorry for them for spitting on us.
and they are now being MISTREATED...by being asked to do as the Obama told US we would all have to do, get some SKIN IN THE GAME.

Where is the violence?

Where is the threat of violence?

What a bunch of claptrap.

LOL
:lol:

[OK.
Are you saying they dont balk at a cost cut that affects them?
Are you saying that others are not also important?
Are you saying they did not choose that trade by choice?

What are you saying is nonsense?

Yes, they do choose the profession.

And when conservatives get their way, and teachers are paid less, have fewer benefits, less job security, and fewer rights,

the best and brightest who might consider being teachers will be less likely to make that choice.

That is the market you're talking about. Do you really want FEWER good teachers in this country? Is that a key ingredient in assuring a better future for this country?

The unions just don't understand math.

State is going broke. Thus....

1- Either cut a little bit for everyone
2- Or cut everything for some

Aren't liberals utopian? Best for all, right? They'd rather see some get fired than everyone give up just a little bit.

OH WAIT I forgot liberals have option #3- Force by threat of violence more money out of our pockets to give them what they are entitled to.

Did you watch the goings on when UPS struck years ago.. the unions declared a victory but thousands of them lost their jobs.

Yep, you can double up the kids in classrooms and save 50%.

Of course if the Unions decide to back the teacher unions, there will be thousands of private sector people lose their jobs. When the Union operator of a boiler in a cannery walks off the job, the whole cannery gets shut down. You have to be state certified to run a boiler, so a lot of luck with finding a scab to replace him. There are thousands of Union members in one of a kind specialties like this scenario. School mechanics for buses, air conditions & heaters, etc.

Where is the violence?

Where is the threat of violence?

What a bunch of claptrap.

LOL
:lol:

what the hell are you babbling about. And I notice you didn't RESPOND to the rest of my post. you picked out that one little thing to rant about, when there was no say there was VIOLENCE. oh well, carry on, I guess.:eusa_whistle:

Sorry bout that,

1. You guys put too much blame on the teachers, when its the source.
2. *School Boards Districts*.:evil:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I would think the source is the governor attempting to break up Unions, after squandering the states money and acting fiscally irresponsible.

I have many teachers in my family, both of my Grandmothers were teachers and of my father's family 3 out of 4 were teachers and out of my generation, 6 out of 14 are teachers with another 3 being nurses...and 2 firefighters. And then 2 of us military. We have public service in our bloodline.

And it is amazing to watch how in the last 20 years how teaching has come to be so denigrated. Why do we wonder at how we compare with other countries and cultures that respect education and educators?
Could it possibly be that it's because in the last twenty years more students are failing at an alarming rate. That teachers are proving to be more inept at an alarming rate. That the unions fight tooth and nail to prevent lousy teachers from being shitcanned. That the more money from taxpayers being used to supplement union benefits is causing less money to go into the classrooms?

But I guess it's all the parents fault. at least that's what the teachers and their corrupt unions try to blame it all on. Surely they have nothing to do with it.

Fact is, Bad parenting is responsible. Lousy teachers are responsible. Unions protecting lousy teachers are responsible.

what the hell are you babbling about. And I notice you didn't RESPOND to the rest of my post. you picked out that one little thing to rant about, when there was no say there was VIOLENCE. oh well, carry on, I guess.:eusa_whistle:

That's what I thought...

Toodleloo!

I have many teachers in my family, both of my Grandmothers were teachers and of my father's family 3 out of 4 were teachers and out of my generation, 6 out of 14 are teachers with another 3 being nurses...and 2 firefighters. And then 2 of us military. We have public service in our bloodline.

And it is amazing to watch how in the last 20 years how teaching has come to be so denigrated. Why do we wonder at how we compare with other countries and cultures that respect education and educators?
Could it possibly be that it's because in the last twenty years more students are failing at an alarming rate. That teachers are proving to be more inept at an alarming rate. That the unions fight tooth and nail to prevent lousy teachers from being shitcanned. That the more money from taxpayers being used to supplement union benefits is causing less money to go into the classrooms?

But I guess it's all the parents fault. at least that's what the teachers and their corrupt unions try to blame it all on. Surely they have nothing to do with it.

Fact is, Bad parenting is responsible. Lousy teachers are responsible. Unions protecting lousy teachers are responsible.

I find the education system more at fault. The department of education combined with the union and other factors. It's the parents responsibility to stress the importance of education, but it's not their responsibility to teach them in a scholarly manner. A parent can be a good parent and either not know enough or not know how to teach their kid math, history etc.

I say no...it is not. And the last few days certainly has helped prove my point.

Why? Cause we don't think teachers should be allowed to bankrupt states? You need to grow the fuck up.. As do all liberal whiney asses.

LOL! So you are saying the state doesn't have an obligation to honor contracts it willing entered into? Why don't we shut your water off & listen to you whine.:lol:

I guess they could honor those contracts after they've laid off 5,000 or so teachers, that the road you want to go down?

You want them to bend over and take whatever the Governor does to them. Talk about spitting at others. We know how you feel about teachers Stephanie....I bet you are a "joy" to teach.....of course, it is the teachers' fault you came out so uneducated, isn't it?

Why? Cause we don't think teachers should be allowed to bankrupt states? You need to grow the fuck up.. As do all liberal whiney asses.

LOL! So you are saying the state doesn't have an obligation to honor contracts it willing entered into? Why don't we shut your water off & listen to you whine.:lol:

I guess they could honor those contracts after they've laid off 5,000 or so teachers, that the road you want to go down?

The Governor should do that very thing. Lay off 5000 teachers. That will get everyone's attention. Classes of 50 or more. Less supervision. Less learning. That's what you want anyways.

Willow..you can't go around making absurd claims then flee when asked to substantiate it.

That's the M.O. of a lunatic fringer.

Is that what you are?

Why the hell should teachers be more RESPECTED than the kid who works in McDonalds.

Teaching is a noble profession, but they CHOSE to go into that feild. So that doesn't make them any better or more important the the rest of the people.

sheeesh.

Why the hell should soldiers/policemen/firemen be more RESPECTED than the kid who works in McDonalds.

Those are noble professions, but they CHOSE to go into that feild. So that doesn't make them any better or more important the the rest of the people.

sheeesh.

Moran! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back