Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
The unions just don't understand math.

State is going broke. Thus....

1- Either cut a little bit for everyone
2- Or cut everything for some

Aren't liberals utopian? Best for all, right? They'd rather see some get fired than everyone give up just a little bit.

OH WAIT I forgot liberals have option #3- Force by threat of violence more money out of our pockets to give them what they are entitled to.

Did you watch the goings on when UPS struck years ago.. the unions declared a victory but thousands of them lost their jobs.

The unions just don't understand math.

State is going broke. Thus....

1- Either cut a little bit for everyone
2- Or cut everything for some

Aren't liberals utopian? Best for all, right? They'd rather see some get fired than everyone give up just a little bit.

OH WAIT I forgot liberals have option #3- Force by threat of violence more money out of our pockets to give them what they are entitled to.

????

Bodecea, how the heck did you make Officer School? You are about as bright as a North Pole basement.

Yes, they want to get more and keep what they got. The state is broke. Only raising taxes will do that.

Taxes are collected "by threat of violence" and are NOT voluntarily.

So the state raises taxes, FORCING people to pay it. If they don't pay, men with guns will force compliance or arrest. Resist that, and violence ensues to complete the arrest and stop the resisting.

Thus, the unions want the states to make ends meet (aka raise taxes so they can keep their entitlement), and if the state raises taxes, then it is money taken "by force through threat of violence".

Without threat of violence, no one would pay their taxes.

And YOU were the line standing between us and Soviet subs?:eek:

Sorry bout that,

1. Here's what pisses me off about the school system.
2. The superintendents get an outrageous salary, here and in most districts, sometimes more than the Presidents salary.
3. Here in Fort Worth, I think he gets around a half million a year, plus benefits out the ying yang, retirement benefits out the ying yang too.
4. All the school board members around here are filthy rich bastards for making school policy, thats not working.
5. The teachers can never be paid enough, its impossible, but the heads over them, stuff their pockets full to the brim, which hurts the whole school systems.
6. I say we throw out the whole thing and start anew, best idea ever!:clap2:
7. If teachers were more like regular people, able to be fired, and didn't have union protections, then that would free up more *dead wood teachers*, which would help the children's futures.
8. The dumb ass TAS testing, is total bullshit, kids should get a report card, A's B's C's D's and F's should be what I'm seeing, I see shit for grades, there's bullshit for a grade now, and you either go to next grade or not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Look how quick the RWer fringers pounce and attack their fellow American WORKERS.

Yet they are quick to drop to their knees and service Big Business.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Spin, as is the norm for you MarcAtl.

We are attacking the arrogance of those that make up the academic workforce. Sure they are important. So are the farmers so we can eat, the doctors so we can be healthy, the police so we can be safe, the manufacturwers of electronics so we can be entertained, the manufascturers of shoes so we can not go barefoot.

People opt to be teachers, farmers, police, electronics manufacturers, doctors, shoe manufacturers.

Yet, for some reason, the teachers feel that they should be put on a pedestal for choosing their profession.

Ironically, they all seem to say they do it ONLY becuase they care about the better good for society...but the minute they need to do what is necessry for the good of society from a financial standpoint, the balk, complain and say...."not us!"

Notice how the far RW fringers are quick to attack and label their fellow American workers that are PEACEFULLY protesting their mistreatment as "using the threat of violence."

Yet, when RWers came to public rallies with rifles and assault weapons they called it excersizing their Rights.

Interesting how that works in the Far RW minds...isn't it?

Look how quick the RWer fringers pounce and attack their fellow American WORKERS.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

We are attacking the arrogance of those that make up the academic workforce. Sure they are important. So are the farmers so we can eat, the doctors so we can be healthy, the police so we can be safe, the manufacturwers of electronics so we can be entertained, the manufascturers of shoes so we can not go barefoot.

People opt to be teachers, farmers, police, electronics manufacturers, doctors, shoe manufacturers.

Yet, for some reason, the teachers feel that they should be put on a pedestal for choosing their profession.

Ironically, they all seem to say they do it ONLY becuase they care about the better good for society...but the minute they need to do what is necessry for the good of society from a financial standpoint, the balk, complain and say...."not us!"

Nonsense!

What exactly are you babbling about? (Your teachers obviously were bad teachers)

You should pay attention. It's recent news. Kerry on.

Then, you should have no problem linking that story. I would like to see what happened to the teacher....

It wasn't a teacher it was a substitute teacher, substitutes are those that can't get a job teaching and are normally unqualified for the material but are warm bodies that fill in when the regular teacher is out.

Chicago Board of Ed Sued for Teacher Allegedly Showing 'Brokeback Mountain' in Class - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Many try to paint this as a "teacher" that did it, however it was not the regular teacher and they conveniently spin it by leaving the "substitute" part out.

>>>>

Last edited:
Unions killed Detroit.

Detroit is dead?

It's dying.

The population is half what it was in the 1950s. A city with a shrinking population is not a healthy place.

Detroit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A city which is demolishing buildings and turning them into agricultural plots also has serious issues.

Cities grow and shrink...that is the cycle...heard of the rust belt? How about other cities that are no longer cities over time.....

Besides, you said Detroit was dead...now you say it is dying....next you will say it has a mild cough. Please make up your mind.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Nonsense!

OK.
Are you saying they dont balk at a cost cut that affects them?
Are you saying that others are not also important?
Are you saying they did not choose that trade by choice?

What are you saying is nonsense?

I say no...it is not. And the last few days certainly has helped prove my point.

Why? Cause we don't think teachers should be allowed to bankrupt states? You need to grow the fuck up.. As do all liberal whiney asses.

LOL! So you are saying the state doesn't have an obligation to honor contracts it willing entered into? Why don't we shut your water off & listen to you whine.:lol:

Sorry bout that,

1. Here's what pisses me off about the school system.
2. The superintendents get an outrageous salary, here and in most districts, sometimes more than the Presidents salary.
3. Here in Fort Worth, I think he gets around a half million a year, plus benefits out the ying yang, retirement benefits out the ying yang too.
4. All the school board members around here are filthy rich bastards for making school policy, thats not working.
5. The teachers can never be paid enough, its impossible, but the heads over them, stuff their pockets full to the brim, which hurts the whole school systems.
6. I say we throw out the whole thing and start anew, best idea ever!:clap2:
7. If teachers were more like regular people, able to be fired, and didn't have union protections, then that would free up more *dead wood teachers*, which would help the children's futures.
8. The dumb ass TAS testing, is total bullshit, kids should get a report card, A's B's C's D's and F's should be what I'm seeing, I see shit for grades, there's bullshit for a grade now, and you either go to next grade or not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Great post, I had a little summer job at my high school when i went there and even I knew about the ridiculous pay for the lazy administrators and pencil pushers.

Our school got a levy passed then was broke a couple years later, you think any of them got canned? Hell no

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Are teachers on average overpaid?

Forum List

Back