Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
Look how quick the RWer fringers pounce and attack their fellow American WORKERS.

Yet they are quick to drop to their knees and service Big Business.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

No. But neither is doctor, lawyer, or professor. Heck even clergy aren't that respected anymore. I don't know when it happened, but at some point people stopped respecting jobs that required a degree or any level of learning, instead choosing to believe that five minutes of work on google can make them equal to a person who has dedicated their life to a chosen profession.
It's cool to look down on people that serve the public. This can be traced directly back to Ronald Reagan.

I don't know how many times on right wing message boards I've heard people say that they should fire all the teachers and hire the homeless...that they would do a better job. This is what teachers get from their fellow Americans.

But to answer the thread question, no, teachers aren't as respected as they once were. Neither are cops. Neither are pastors. Neither are the elderly.

Why?

Because we have glorified a culture that values rap stars, ball players, sex addicts, hippies, gays, pot smokers, and just about any other irregular behavior outside of traditional morals. We have glorified all of that above the traditional pillars of respect from our past: Which once was grandfathers, cops, teachers, firemen, etc.

But now, if you believe in some type of morality and proper behavior, then you're ridiculed in our society. Add to the mix lawyers who are ever so willing to file a lawsuit for every hurt feeling in the world, and you get today's society.

You have to earn respect just like everyone else, it's not an entitlement.. how come you teachers think you can sit in a rubber room for years and receive your pay?? what makes you so damn entitled?? doyathink? how come math teacher bring Brokeback Mountain to school and force 11 year olds to watch it? You think respect is owed to you? doyareallynow???

What exactly are you babbling about? (Your teachers obviously were bad teachers)

You should pay attention. It's recent news. Kerry on.

Then, you should have no problem linking that story. I would like to see what happened to the teacher....

No. But neither is doctor, lawyer, or professor. Heck even clergy aren't that respected anymore. I don't know when it happened, but at some point people stopped respecting jobs that required a degree or any level of learning, instead choosing to believe that five minutes of work on google can make them equal to a person who has dedicated their life to a chosen profession.
It's cool to look down on people that serve the public. This can be traced directly back to Ronald Reagan.

I don't know how many times on right wing message boards I've heard people say that they should fire all the teachers and hire the homeless...that they would do a better job. This is what teachers get from their fellow Americans.

I don't understand why left wingers (you) make smug donut jokes about a disabled cop. This is what the men who protect us and our homes get from their fellow Americans (you).

:lol:
But I guess it's "cool" these fine upstanding public SERVANTS closing down their schools because they are too busy out PROTESTING for their own self gratification.

you betcha it's cool to look down on them, and it should be done with scorn from the American people who PAY THEIR SALARIES.
If you didn't treat them like shit they'd have no reason to object.

cry me a river.
waaaa

But I guess it's "cool" these fine upstanding public SERVANTS closing down their schools because they are too busy out PROTESTING for their own self gratification.

you betcha it's cool to look down on them, and it should be done with scorn from the American people who PAY THEIR SALARIES.

so, you don't give a shit if the state goes broke cause they want theirs?? No sacrifice from unions huh// figures.

Well, they could meekly do nothing....that will get attention to their cause, won't it?

Your teachers simply failed you in higher level thinking skills, didn't they?

Look how quick the RWer fringers pounce and attack their fellow American WORKERS.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

You are only a "worker" because a business hired you.

You do not have a right or entitlement to work. You work because someone else is willing to pay you.

Us on the right understand that. If we want to keep earning a paycheck, we must be appreciative to those who give us one.

In other words......"Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Funny how old sayings always ring true isn't it?

cry me a river.
waaaa

There you go....

The unions just don't understand math.

State is going broke. Thus....

1- Either cut a little bit for everyone
2- Or cut everything for some

Aren't liberals utopian? Best for all, right? They'd rather see some get fired than everyone give up just a little bit.

OH WAIT I forgot liberals have option #3- Force by threat of violence more money out of our pockets to give them what they are entitled to.

LOL, nice try. We are ONLY talking about firing those fine upstanding public servants (teachers) who are protesting and CLOSING down their schools by doing it. They are only getting what they are giving to the American people, the middle finger. tough shit.

But to answer the thread question, no, teachers aren't as respected as they once were. Neither are cops. Neither are pastors. Neither are the elderly.

Why?

Because we have glorified a culture that values rap stars, ball players, sex addicts, hippies, gays, pot smokers, and just about any other irregular behavior outside of traditional morals. We have glorified all of that above the traditional pillars of respect from our past: Which once was grandfathers, cops, teachers, firemen, etc.

But now, if you believe in some type of morality and proper behavior, then you're ridiculed in our society. Add to the mix lawyers who are ever so willing to file a lawsuit for every hurt feeling in the world, and you get today's society.

Blindly respecting anyone because of title is silly to me. Whether it's a rap star, pastor, ball player, grandfather, movie star or cop.

Maybe the rap star donated a bunch of money to Haiti relief, maybe the pastor rapes kids, maybe the ball player gives time every week to a children's hospital, maybe the grandfather is a drunk who beat his kids and wife, maybe the movie star gives a ton of their money back to charity, maybe the cop is a racist who abuses his power.

Judge the individual, not the title.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

You are only a "worker" because a business hired you.

You do not have a right or entitlement to work. You work because someone else is willing to pay you.

Us on the right understand that. If we want to keep earning a paycheck, we must be appreciative to those who give us one.

In other words......"Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Funny how old sayings always ring true isn't it?
I'm sure that's the same arguments those fascists were using when child labor laws were not in place.

Keep your far RW propaganda to yourself. I don't like to be held hostage thank you.

The unions just don't understand math.

State is going broke. Thus....

1- Either cut a little bit for everyone
2- Or cut everything for some

Aren't liberals utopian? Best for all, right? They'd rather see some get fired than everyone give up just a little bit.

OH WAIT I forgot liberals have option #3- Force by threat of violence more money out of our pockets to give them what they are entitled to.

????

so, you don't give a shit if the state goes broke cause they want theirs?? No sacrifice from unions huh// figures.
What state? Wisconsin...that's all BS brought to you by the Republican governor.
Furthermore, this broadside comes less than a month after the state's fiscal bureau -- the Wisconsin equivalent of the Congressional Budget Office -- concluded that Wisconsin isn't even in need of austerity measures, and could conclude the fiscal year with a surplus. In fact, they say that the current budget shortfall is a direct result of tax cut policies Walker enacted in his first days in office.
Wisconsin Gov. Walker Ginned Up Budget Shortfall To Undercut Worker Rights | TPMDC

Not allowing working people to form a bargaining group is a direct attack on the first amendment.

Enjoy knowing what a tool you are.

LOL, nice try. We are ONLY talking about firing those fine upstanding public servants (teachers) who are protesting and CLOSING down their schools by doing it. They are only getting what they are giving to the American people, the middle finger. tough shit.

They weren't even talking about layoffs. Just slight cuts.

The liberal union greed is amazing.

Funny. Their logic is that they will NOT give up just a little bit more.

Yet, their "TAX THE RICH" would've required the rich to give up just a little bit more.

So it's OK to ask one American to give up a little more, but not themselves, right?

Inconsistent, hypocritical liberalism at it's best. YOU give up some, but NOT ME.

Forum List

Back