Is Sweden Racist?

cawacko

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
Based on earlier talk of Tiger Woods on this board and that racism is what's leading to all the attention he's receiving and one of his sponsors dropping him do people here think Sweden would have the same reaction if Tiger were white and not mixed race?

In Sweden, anger at Woods but pride over wife

STOCKHOLM (AP) — During the good times, Tiger Woods could find a perfect getaway in Sweden - a quiet and secluded place to avoid the media spotlight.

There have been Christmas celebrations in a remote area of northern Sweden in a house owned by relatives of his Swedish wife, Elin Nordegren. There have been summer days spent undisturbed in the couple's luxury apartment in central Stockholm. And his wife recently purchased a secluded house on an island in the archipelago, a short boat ride outside the capital.

But if Woods is looking for somewhere to ride out the media storm surrounding his infidelity, Sweden may no longer be the place to go.

board rules prohibit posting articles in their entirety-del

Tiger Woods scandal strikes nerve in Sweden - Tours & News - Golf.com

Last edited by a moderator:
His race is irrelevant.

I would make the same argument however the argument was made to me on here that it's because Tiger is mixed race and Elin is white as the reason Tiger lost a sponsor and this story has gained such steam so quickly and Tiger has "fallen" so quickly.

Nevermind that these supposive racists hired Tiger in the first place. They won't stick with him like they would if a white person were the world's wealthiest and most known athlete and he was married to a white woman.

If Elin meets a handsome Swede and pairs off to make a bunch of glorious WHITE babies, that will be the ultimate revenge. Everyone will see how much prettier the white ones are compared to the miscegenation garbage. Which Tiger himself is, btw.

If Elin meets a handsome Swede and pairs off to make a bunch of glorious WHITE babies, that will be the ultimate revenge. Everyone will see how much prettier the white ones are compared to the miscegenation garbage. Which Tiger himself is, btw.

That's great. Thanks for that dude.

norah.jpg

beyonce.jpg

aaliyah3.jpg

mariah_carey2643.jpg

Halle_Berry_0330.jpg

His race is irrelevant.

I would make the same argument however the argument was made to me on here that it's because Tiger is mixed race and Elin is white as the reason Tiger lost a sponsor and this story has gained such steam so quickly and Tiger has "fallen" so quickly.

Nevermind that these supposive racists hired Tiger in the first place. They won't stick with him like they would if a white person were the world's wealthiest and most known athlete and he was married to a white woman.

No, they would not. Sponsors don't care about his race. They care that he was banging $40,000 hookers. That ain't what you want your product associated with.

His race is irrelevant.

No, they would not. Sponsors don't care about his race. They care that he was banging $40,000 hookers. That ain't what you want your product associated with.

Exactly. uscitizen's argument was if Tiger wasn't married to a white woman no one would really care that he was cheating on his wife. That response is worthy of a face palm to me.

Is Sweden racist because they don't like Tiger? No.

Here........think of this another way........

And, for the sake of this what if, I understand there is no way it could happen, but it still illustrates the point.

Imagine for a moment that another well known foreign athlete fell in love with the daughter of a prominent political family in the US.

For this illustration, we'll use David Beckham and Chelsea Clinton.

Now.......imagine that Beckham did the same thing to Chelsea that Tiger did to Elin.

Now imagine that Hillary goes whipping over to Britain to pick up Chelsea and the grandkids.

Do you think Beckham would ever be welcome back here in the US?

Remember, Elin's mother is from a prominent political family over there.

More importantly, because Beckham would be very unwelcome here in the US because of something like that, that doesn't mean that we hate ALL British, just Beckham.

No........Sweden isn't racist, they just don't like Tiger.

Last edited:
Kudos to Sweden for taking in thousands a Iraqi Christians when the US would only take a few. Boos for sending 150 back to Iraq to face death.

In Swedish culture it's normal to remain quiet about personal matters. They, for the most part, remain quiet about personal matters and don't air their dirty laundry in public, like America does.

In Swedish culture it's normal to remain quiet about personal matters. They, for the most part, remain quiet about personal matters and don't air their dirty laundry in public, like America does.

As the population of Sweden has no growth rate, I'm not convinced Swedes have ANY "personal matters," much less those about which to remain quiet.

Forum List

Back