Is Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas's Vote For Sale?

Anita Hill was obviously telling the truth. We find out just a bit too late.

You recieve today's award for Unintentional Humor!

Idiots of a prior generaton shouted the same phrase...and would have used the same font if it had been available....

...with respect to Senator McCarthy and communism.

Same idiots, different time.

And, of course, the Right was proven correct in that case, as well.

So you are obviously upset w/ the Citizens United decision then? :eusa_whistle:

Why the sudden change of subject?
What happed to the huge-font Soros post?

Have you, since, read my post and decided that there is good and valid reason to object to the views of Mr. Soros?

If not the case, are you prepared to support the items as I have oulined same?

Since you have pronounced my dislike of Soros' views a "boogaboo"....I assume you meant bugaboo....which implies that my discomfort with same is misplaced, would you care to outline your support of those views?

Or was your post as empty as your head appears to be?

My post had something to do w/ the Court whereas your's is.....how shall I say this.....way out in Right field :cuckoo: The topic is C. Thomas ;)

There you go again. Red Herring alert. PC hopes to divert the thread and one more example of her dishonest character. Shame shame on you PC.

Since I was not the one who inserted Soros into the thread, your post is revealed as a simple-minded attempt to offer some undeserved criticism.

This has become your hallmark.

As a judgment about human nature, it is the sign of one who is envious, covetous of a certain ability that he lacks.

I hope to save you future embarrassment....as, I am sure, I am not the only one to see through your failed attempts.

My suggestion?
You should go back to the task for which you are better prepared, using silly putty to lift the comic page. I’m sure somebody will open the egg for you.

Your nit-picking is excruciatingly tiresome. :blahblah: :uhoh3: :puke3: :talk2hand:

Your post appears to mean that you couldn't find any error in the logic of my post: I didn't bring up Soros, and Wry has no ability of his own...

But it was so charitable of you to rush to the defense of Wry-boy...
...where did you two meet, was it eHarmony?

They are trying to get him out and a liberal judge in before the health care bill comes up to the supreme court.
That's what this is all about.

Thomas will likely have to recuse himself from hearing the case on Obamacare due to his wife's activities in fighting it. (Kagan recently recused herself in a SC case because she ruled on it in a lower court.)

How ironic that would be. CT and his wife's partisan activities has hurt the right's chance of getting it overturned. That's funny, but Thomas was never the brightest bulb on the court. Hell, he doesn't even ask any questions. He just sits there like a mute.
Oh puhhhhleeeeze....
Look ,if you feel so strongly, hire a lawyer and file a suit. see how far you get.
Guess what? You lefties are NOT getting another liberal hack on the SC.
Should the Court go 5-4 Lib...It would be time to close down the shop and call it a day. Cuz we'd be fucked sideways.

Anita Hill was obviously telling the truth. We find out just a bit too late.

"...obviously..."

Not obvious to me...so help me out: what is the evidence on which you base "obviously"?

'Cause without evidence, you sound like the original hearings, you know, the famous "The nature of the evidence doesn't matter. It's the seriousness of the charge."

I know you wouldn't say that based on a dearth of evidence....so, how did you determine same?

You realize, without evidence, you have to go back in the corner, with the dunce cap again. You don't want that, do you, Jimmy?

At the VERY least, there's an appearance of impropriety. In my experience, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Doesn’t matter, Justice isn’t going to pursue this.

And because Thomas doggedly adheres to conservative ideology, there’s no way to determine any impropriety based on undue influence. Besides, why try to buy the vote from someone who is going to vote your way anyway?

So you are obviously upset w/ the Citizens United decision then? :eusa_whistle:

Why the sudden change of subject?
What happed to the huge-font Soros post?

Have you, since, read my post and decided that there is good and valid reason to object to the views of Mr. Soros?

If not the case, are you prepared to support the items as I have oulined same?

Since you have pronounced my dislike of Soros' views a "boogaboo"....I assume you meant bugaboo....which implies that my discomfort with same is misplaced, would you care to outline your support of those views?

Or was your post as empty as your head appears to be?

My post had something to do w/ the Court whereas your's is.....how shall I say this.....way out in Right field :cuckoo: The topic is C. Thomas ;)

"My post had something to do w/ the Court ... The topic is C. Thomas "
Well, then, how to explain your post with the huge-font...remember that one, about Soros?

You are perfectly free to flee with your tail between your legs!

You may consider yourself dissed and dismissed.

PC declares herself the winner. Typical Rightie-move.

As to the topic of Thomas and the fact that he WILL have to recuse himself due to his wife's activities w/ the T- party, it's a forgone conclusion ;)

PC declares herself the winner. Typical Rightie-move.

As to the topic of Thomas and the fact that he WILL have to recuse himself due to his wife's activities w/ the T- party, it's a forgone conclusion ;)

Well, as you intend to pursue the topic, why aren't you explaining your huge-font Soros post?

Nor do I believe that I've claimed victory...rather it was you running from your Soros post...and since you vacated the field of battle...doesn't that mean you admit defeat?

No?

How would you explain your 'advance to the rear'?

"it's a forgone conclusion"
Oh, this is good!

I guess one could say "Dotty declares himself the winner...Typical Leftie-move," eh?

Hey....didn't you just claim that I did that?

What a coincidence.

You get the "Cynthia McKinney Brilliant Democrat Award"!

Since I was not the one who inserted Soros into the thread, your post is revealed as a simple-minded attempt to offer some undeserved criticism.

This has become your hallmark.

As a judgment about human nature, it is the sign of one who is envious, covetous of a certain ability that he lacks.

I hope to save you future embarrassment....as, I am sure, I am not the only one to see through your failed attempts.

My suggestion?
You should go back to the task for which you are better prepared, using silly putty to lift the comic page. I’m sure somebody will open the egg for you.

Your nit-picking is excruciatingly tiresome. :blahblah: :uhoh3: :puke3: :talk2hand:

Your post appears to mean that you couldn't find any error in the logic of my post: I didn't bring up Soros, and Wry has no ability of his own...

Keep digging PC, the more you whine, the more pitful you appear.

To hell with Thomas and his drunk dialing wife. Let's just play their game. Time for George Soros to start throwing his scratch around. If these guys can be bought...why shouldn't he be one of the ones that can buy 'em? Equal opportunity!

Come on George, Sonia needs a new pair of shoes! How 'bout a Caddie for Ruth? Justice Kennedy looks like he could use some new golf clubs!

Please tell me that your post was tongue-in-cheek.

But if you seriously idolize this amoral millionaire, which of these do you agree with?

1. The Soros Prostitution Agenda. Open Society Institute (OSI), a foundation funded and controlled by George Soros, sued the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) ?over requirement that recipients of federal AIDS grants pledge to oppose prostitution. The group would be the second charity to challenge the policy, which AIDS activists say stigmatizes prostitutes and makes it harder to fight the disease.? In June 2006, Open Society Institute published a study entitled ?Sex Workers Health and Rights: Where is the Funding?? The report highlighted the role of OSI and various Soros foundations, in financing ?a large number of sex workers organizations? and attacked the Bush Administration policy for refusing to fund such groups. OSI received at least $30 million between 1998 and 2003 from the federal government, mostly from the State Department. (Wall Street Journal, September 23, 2005; Open Society Institute webpages, OSI Sues USAID over Dangerous Public Health Policy | Public Health Program | Open Society Foundations - OSF, http://www.soros.org/initiatives/he...cations/publications/where_20060719/where.pdf

2. • Soros Helped Finance a Pro-Marijuana Children?s Book. ?Dr. Robert Newman, served on the Board of Directors for the Drug Policy Foundation as early as 1997, and presently serves on the board of directors with another minority witness, Rev. Edwin Sanders, of the Drug Policy Alliance (the new name of the Drug Policy Foundation since its merger with the aforementioned Lindesmith Center). The Drug Policy Alliance describes itself as ?the nation?s leading organization working to end the war on drugs.? Along with its major donor George Soros, it helped produce It?s Just a Plant, a pro-marijuana children?s book. I will be very interested in learning from the witnesses today what they believe U.S. Government policy should be with respect to financing heroin distribution, safe-injection facilities, and how-to manuals like H Is For Heroin, published by the Harm Reduction Coalition, and children?s books on smoking marijuana, produced with the help of the organization run by two of the minority?s witnesses today.? (Mark Souder, opening statement, ?Harm Reduction or Harm Maintenance: Is There Such a Thing as Safe Drug Abuse??, hearing before the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy, and Human Resources, February 16, 2005, http://www.dpna.org/resources/current/02-16-5c.htm)

3. • Soros is Major Financier Behind Drug Legalization Groups. In 1994, Soros pledged $4 million over five years to the Lindesmith Center, a pro-marijuana legalization think-tank that merged with the Drug Policy Foundation to form the Drug Policy Alliance, which supports legalization of marijuana for ?medical? purposes, repealing mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses, ending imprisonment for drug possession. (Neil Hrab, ?George Soros? Social Agenda for America,? Capital Research Center?s Foundation Watch, http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/x3770435801.pdf)

4. Soros Support of Lynne Stewart, lawyer to terrorists. ?George Soros funds many controversial projects, some extreme projects. One quick example is the $20,000 that went from his Open Society Institute to the Lynne Stewart Legal Committee. Lynne Stewart was the attorney who represented the blind sheik who was involved in the first bombing of the World Trade Centers and was later convicted for aiding and abetting his activities while in prison.? (Peter Flaherty of the National Legal and Policy Center, O?Reilly Factor, May 20, 2005, relying on Open Society Institute IRS Form 990 filings. Byron York, ?Soros Funded Stewart Defense,? National Review, February 17, 2005)
Soros Monitor

All of the above make America a better place?

No, it wasn't tongue in cheek and your BS about George Soros notwithstanding, if righties want to cheer the horrible Citizens United, I think the liberals should get on board. Why should the right wing corporate masters like the Koch brothers and all the little Koch Suckers, be the only ones to profit from these right wing rulings? Go Union and Soros $$...buy US some politicians like the right wing does.

I don't whine....I just slap you around.

To hell with Thomas and his drunk dialing wife. Let's just play their game. Time for George Soros to start throwing his scratch around. If these guys can be bought...why shouldn't he be one of the ones that can buy 'em? Equal opportunity!

Come on George, Sonia needs a new pair of shoes! How 'bout a Caddie for Ruth? Justice Kennedy looks like he could use some new golf clubs!

Please tell me that your post was tongue-in-cheek.

But if you seriously idolize this amoral millionaire, which of these do you agree with?

1. The Soros Prostitution Agenda. Open Society Institute (OSI), a foundation funded and controlled by George Soros, sued the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) ?over requirement that recipients of federal AIDS grants pledge to oppose prostitution. The group would be the second charity to challenge the policy, which AIDS activists say stigmatizes prostitutes and makes it harder to fight the disease.? In June 2006, Open Society Institute published a study entitled ?Sex Workers Health and Rights: Where is the Funding?? The report highlighted the role of OSI and various Soros foundations, in financing ?a large number of sex workers organizations? and attacked the Bush Administration policy for refusing to fund such groups. OSI received at least $30 million between 1998 and 2003 from the federal government, mostly from the State Department. (Wall Street Journal, September 23, 2005; Open Society Institute webpages, OSI Sues USAID over Dangerous Public Health Policy | Public Health Program | Open Society Foundations - OSF, http://www.soros.org/initiatives/he...cations/publications/where_20060719/where.pdf

2. • Soros Helped Finance a Pro-Marijuana Children?s Book. ?Dr. Robert Newman, served on the Board of Directors for the Drug Policy Foundation as early as 1997, and presently serves on the board of directors with another minority witness, Rev. Edwin Sanders, of the Drug Policy Alliance (the new name of the Drug Policy Foundation since its merger with the aforementioned Lindesmith Center). The Drug Policy Alliance describes itself as ?the nation?s leading organization working to end the war on drugs.? Along with its major donor George Soros, it helped produce It?s Just a Plant, a pro-marijuana children?s book. I will be very interested in learning from the witnesses today what they believe U.S. Government policy should be with respect to financing heroin distribution, safe-injection facilities, and how-to manuals like H Is For Heroin, published by the Harm Reduction Coalition, and children?s books on smoking marijuana, produced with the help of the organization run by two of the minority?s witnesses today.? (Mark Souder, opening statement, ?Harm Reduction or Harm Maintenance: Is There Such a Thing as Safe Drug Abuse??, hearing before the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy, and Human Resources, February 16, 2005, http://www.dpna.org/resources/current/02-16-5c.htm)

3. • Soros is Major Financier Behind Drug Legalization Groups. In 1994, Soros pledged $4 million over five years to the Lindesmith Center, a pro-marijuana legalization think-tank that merged with the Drug Policy Foundation to form the Drug Policy Alliance, which supports legalization of marijuana for ?medical? purposes, repealing mandatory minimum sentences for drug offenses, ending imprisonment for drug possession. (Neil Hrab, ?George Soros? Social Agenda for America,? Capital Research Center?s Foundation Watch, http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/x3770435801.pdf)

4. Soros Support of Lynne Stewart, lawyer to terrorists. ?George Soros funds many controversial projects, some extreme projects. One quick example is the $20,000 that went from his Open Society Institute to the Lynne Stewart Legal Committee. Lynne Stewart was the attorney who represented the blind sheik who was involved in the first bombing of the World Trade Centers and was later convicted for aiding and abetting his activities while in prison.? (Peter Flaherty of the National Legal and Policy Center, O?Reilly Factor, May 20, 2005, relying on Open Society Institute IRS Form 990 filings. Byron York, ?Soros Funded Stewart Defense,? National Review, February 17, 2005)
Soros Monitor

All of the above make America a better place?

No, it wasn't tongue in cheek and your BS about George Soros notwithstanding, if righties want to cheer the horrible Citizens United, I think the liberals should get on board. Why should the right wing corporate masters like the Koch brothers and all the little Koch Suckers, be the only ones to profit from these right wing rulings? Go Union and Soros $$...buy US some politicians like the right wing does.

So....who is it that tries to buy elections?

You lefties are such dunces...

1. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees is now the biggest outside spender of the 2010 elections, thanks to an 11th-hour effort to boost Democrats that has vaulted the public-sector union ahead of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and a flock of new Republican groups in campaign spending.
The 1.6 million-member AFSCME is spending a total of $87.5 million on the elections after tapping into a $16 million emergency account to help fortify the Democrats' hold on Congress. Last week, AFSCME dug deeper, taking out a $2 million loan to fund its push. The group is spending money on television advertisements, phone calls, campaign mailings and other political efforts, helped by a Supreme Court decision that loosened restrictions on campaign spending.
"We're the big dog," said Larry Scanlon, the head of AFSCME's political operations. "But we don't like to brag."Public-Employees Union Is Now Campaign's Big Spender - WSJ.com

2. BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING - LABOR - Union Is Accused of Violations - Brief - NYTimes.com)

This is what Andy Stern, SEIU president said: “This is not a financial issue. We need to respond t the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama.” Once again, why join a union?

3. Second, instead of improving workers’ benefits, unions have become political action committees: take money from workers to give to politicians to help them get elected, and then politicians pass laws that make ‘capitalism’ moot. SEIU President Andy Stern: “We spent a fortune t elect Barack Obama- $60.7 million, to be exact- and we’re proud of it.”
“After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed.”
Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight - WSJ.com

Hey, know what they spent it on? Stickin' bumper-stickers on your forehead! That's right...they find really stupid people and make sure they march in lock-step to the polls.

Luckily, there aren't enough folks like you to re-elect this empty suit.

So...let's review: Repeat after me, it's not the "right wing corporate masters like the Koch brothers" buying elections....

....it's AFSME

..................it's SEIU.

OK, keep saying it 'til you get it right.

Hey, I noticed you didn't disagree with one thing the Soros guy wanted....drugs and prostituion, supporting terrorists....
How about control of the Internet....down with that too?
Thought so.

Really, how's that working out for you? (pssssst, between you and me not at all)

They are trying to get him out and a liberal judge in before the health care bill comes up to the supreme court.
That's what this is all about.

Thomas will likely have to recuse himself from hearing the case on Obamacare due to his wife's activities in fighting it. (Kagan recently recused herself in a SC case because she ruled on it in a lower court.)

How ironic that would be. CT and his wife's partisan activities has hurt the right's chance of getting it overturned. That's funny, but Thomas was never the brightest bulb on the court. Hell, he doesn't even ask any questions. He just sits there like a mute.

Ones wife's activities do not require a Judge to recuse themselves unless they too were involved in them.

Really, how's that working out for you? (pssssst, between you and me not at all)

Ya' know, I almost feel bad asking anything of you, what with all the abuse I heap on you,...not that you don't deserve it....but I believe it would be to everyone's advantage if you would put a little more effort into a witty/ humorous comeback.

Your insults fall flat- 'cause they're not true- and the "(pssssst, between you and me not at all)" is like, so five minutes ago.

Now, since you can't actually do a pratfall, due to the nature of a message board....nor can I hit you with a whip cream pie, and you can't do your hallmark 'honk-honk' with the bicycle horn, and, I understand the handicap under which you are working, but do try to be more interesting.

OK?

Back to work.

I recall a few democrat votes were for sale during obamacare.

You are missing the point. Buying votes in Congress has been going on for years. It will continue for years. Buying a Supreme Court Justice's vote should make you very concerned, whether it is on the left or the right.

Forum List

Back