Is Spending the Answer?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Congressman Ron Paul - Is Spending the Answer? - Texas Straight Talk

2. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Nope... It's the problem...

Spending for that which produces value; value which will bring forth additional value is always a great idea... meaning that if I have 10.00 and spend 5 of that to buy something which I can in turn use to regain my 5 dollars plus another 5... well it would be ABSURD TO NOT SPEND...

Of course the Leftist $pendulou$ package, and the 4 TRILLION DOLLAR Leftist OMNIBUS BUDGET, bail-outs and other such nonsense... will not produce value which can be exchanged for value... they will produce only what they're designed to produce... greater political power, greater government control and economic collapse...

With any LUCK... enough people will recognize the subversion that is clearly afoot and congressional majorities will shift on their polar axis... where an American majority in Congress can rescend this insanity ...

3. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    chalk up another for two right winged dumbasses

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I'm not right wing, but if you are unable to discuss this topic intelligently then I don't think the title of "dumbass" applies to any of us that can.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    What does Wall Street think of the plan?:eusa_whistle:

6. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Overspending led to the overvaluing of our assets, namely property. We (everyone) borrowed until we could borrow no more. Now the government thinks the answer is to borrow even more? Sorry, wrong answer.

I don't care what the government does, they're not turning this boondoggle around. It will work itself out eventually on it's own. However, government interference could drag this thing out longer than necessary. It might make things better for a short period of time, but in the long run, we will have to pay for this.

Here's how the economy can repair itself. People stop borrowing money. They save instead of purchasing everything under the sun. Of course, this hurts the economy, but only to a certain point. People still need the necessities and that is enough to keep the economy stable, although hurting badly. As savings increase, people will become more confident that they are secure financially, and they'll actually have extra cash to spend. As they begin spending again, the economy will grow, new jobs will be created helping to further expand the economy.

What nobody wants to face up to is that the solution is one that takes time. It won't happen overnight. For savings to build up, it will take time. But once we reach that point, the returning economy will be much stronger than it has been in a long time.

The lesson we will hopefully learn is that you can't live on borrowed money forever. At some time, it catches up and a correction must be made. The more we borrow, the worse the problem it creates.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I don't know, and I don't care. It's the morally right thing to do.

Of course, we have people like Obama who thinks it's right to put poor people out of work so we can support banks and those in wall street that made poor decisions.

8. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Moral to spend our grandchildren's earnings?

9. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I think you misread what I posted... :eek: I'm in opposition to spending. And it doesn't just only hurt our grandchildren. It hurts us, directly. When banks loan to government instead of business, that means there's less money out there to create jobs. Credit is finite.

10. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Excellent assessment of your opinion, but not of the topic.
    Now, would you care to drop the ad hominems and actually discuss something?