Is shaking hands a crude and dirty custom?

real men wash their hands and shake hands...the custom orginates to show that you have no weapon in your right hand....the normally dominate hand (left handers i dont even want the hate mail give it up)

i shake hands. it is becoming a lost art..and i am bored with men who have hands softer than mine..

I HATE shaking hands with men who have girly hands. It's almost creepy.

almost?

It's 2010. Get with the times. If I call someone a creep I'll be accused of a hate crime by some leftwingboob.

Not all that logical. The ruse of holding a dagger in your left while you grasp another's sword hand is almost as old.

The Boy Scout handshake is done with the left hand. First, it is the hand closest to the heart. Second, tradition says that Lord Baden-Powell, the founder of Scouting learned this custom from African warriors when he served in the British military. They held their weapon in their right hand and their shield in their left hand. You had to put your shield down making yourself vulnerable in a sign of trust to shake with your left.

If you're smart, you shake with your right and watch his left with your peripheral vision. Any sign of movement you step forward to the left, straightening his right arm out and delivering a palm heel strike just above the elbow and snap that SOB. Odds are, he's going to forget about what's in his left in favor of squealing like a girl.:evil:

True, but so far I have not really found that move useful as an Assistant Scoutmaster.......yet. ;)

real men wash their hands and shake hands...the custom orginates to show that you have no weapon in your right hand....the normally dominate hand (left handers i dont even want the hate mail give it up)

i shake hands. it is becoming a lost art..and i am bored with men who have hands softer than mine..

I HATE shaking hands with men who have girly hands. It's almost creepy.

almost?

It has to be girly hands AND sweaty to be truly creepy.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The Boy Scout handshake is done with the left hand. First, it is the hand closest to the heart. Second, tradition says that Lord Baden-Powell, the founder of Scouting learned this custom from African warriors when he served in the British military. They held their weapon in their right hand and their shield in their left hand. You had to put your shield down making yourself vulnerable in a sign of trust to shake with your left.

If you're smart, you shake with your right and watch his left with your peripheral vision. Any sign of movement you step forward to the left, straightening his right arm out and delivering a palm heel strike just above the elbow and snap that SOB. Odds are, he's going to forget about what's in his left in favor of squealing like a girl.:evil:

True, but so far I have not really found that move useful as an Assistant Scoutmaster.......yet. ;)

wait til one of them gets left off a philmont trip-you'll want full body armor.

wait til one of them gets left off a philmont trip-you'll want full body armor.

Actually we have a new kid with oppositional defiant disorder who went on his first campout this past weekend and threatened to kill just about everybody there....complete with descriptions. He isn't going to be around much longer.

i hate the bone crushers....i will call a man on that....few women shake hands i have noted...odd that...
a firm grasp is all that is needed....

Not all that logical. The ruse of holding a dagger in your left while you grasp another's sword hand is almost as old.

That actually made me wince. :eek:

New Topics

Forum List

Back