Is Sex Necessary?

"In shape" doesn't necessarily mean "looking 20 years younger than you really are."

You can *be* 40, *look* 40, and still be in excellent shape by just eating right, getting off your ass and moving around, and just generally taking care of yourself. I'm 35 (ugh), and have seen 25 year olds in worse shape. Granted, I'm not exactly going to pass for an 18 year old, but I'm not going out without a fight, either. :D

I *think* he's just saying he doesn't want someone that went from 20 year old hellion, to just giving up on themselves when they didn't find what they wanted by the time they were 30.

I think I know what he is saying but for every woman that isn't in shape there is a man.

All I am saying is don't judge a book by its cover. I won't say how old I am but I consider myself pretty hot for my age. But I do get tired of men who think women should bare their children but stay young and hot.

I think men overlook a lot of good women because they have a few extra pounds. I am sorry Pale; don't mean to insinuate that you are one of those. Ahhhhh yea women get older while men get more distinguished.

Hopefully all us singles will find what we are looking for. Nuff said........

pretender said:
But I do get tired of men who think women should bare their children but stay young and hot.
it dont work that way?!??

im kiddin

pretender said:
I think men overlook a lot of good women because they have a few extra pounds.
nothing wrong with a couple extra pounds!

pretender said:
I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. Good luck Pale, I hope you find that woman over 40 that looks 20. :cof: But, with the popularity of cosmetic surgery I guess anything is possible. ;)

Just in shape pretender... just in shape. "Looks" are in the eye of the beholder. They're subjective.

But thank's anyway for the good luck wish. :beer:

I'll take a mature woman over a young adult female any day. Experience counts for a bunch and they don't need to play a lot of head games (at least not generally). Looks are less important in my book, but then, I have always been a "total package" person...brains, common sense, and all that carry far more weight with me than big boobs; the outside wrapping is just a nice to have thing.

Pale Rider said:
Just in shape pretender... just in shape. "Looks" are in the eye of the beholder. They're subjective.

But thank's anyway for the good luck wish. :beer:

You are welcome. I understand what you are saying..... truly I do... and I too try to stay in shape, but I don't do it for a man. I do it for me. I guess I just don't consider looks as much now as I use to. It's a personal thing.

CSM said:
I'll take a mature woman over a young adult female any day. Experience counts for a bunch and they don't need to play a lot of head games (at least not generally). Looks are less important in my book, but then, I have always been a "total package" person...brains, common sense, and all that carry far more weight with me than big boobs; the outside wrapping is just a nice to have thing.

you said a mouthful CS and I wasn't talking about the boob part :tng:

pretender said:
All I am saying is don't judge a book by its cover. I won't say how old I am but I consider myself pretty hot for my age. But I do get tired of men who think women should bare their children but stay young and hot.

When I was younger, in the military, and living in Tampa, I was swimming in my apartments pool one night when this super hottie came to the pool. She was wearing a white bikini, and I thought she was 16. Make a long story short, we started talking, and I found out she was 31 years old, separated from her abusive husband, and had TWO KIDS!! So the having kids arguement that some women may use to just let themselves go... I don't buy it. Sorry. This girl didn't gain unreasonable weight during pregnancy, ate right, excersized, and immediately went to work losing weight back to what she was before. Living proof it can be done...

(Yes we were a thing. Right up until I left Florida.)

Dana_3-1.jpg

Too many women nowadays are mistaking 20, 30 pounds over weight, and even more, as "a few extra pounds". A "few" means a "few". Am I too critical? Maybe. But I live with it.

I think I'm going to try and leave it there with this "looks" discussion. It's a personal choice thing, and people take their looks personal, and personal discussions have that powder keg quality that I don't like.

I think if more people were a little more "picky", the divorce rate would decrease dramatically.

Pale Rider said:
When I was younger, in the military, and living in Tampa, I was swimming in my apartments pool one night when this super hottie came to the pool. She was wearing a white bikini, and I thought she was 16. Make a long story short, we started talking, and I found out she was 31 years old, separated from her abusive husband, and had TWO KIDS!! So the having kids arguement that some women may use to just let themselves go... I don't buy it. Sorry. This girl didn't gain unreasonable weight during pregnancy, ate right, excersized, and immediately went to work losing weight back to what she was before. Living proof it can be done...

(Yes we were a thing. Right up until I left Florida.)

Dana_3-1.jpg

Too many women nowadays are mistaking 20, 30 pounds over weight, and even more, as "a few extra pounds". A "few" means a "few". Am I too critical? Maybe. But I live with it.

I have to agree with you Pale.......Ive never been a mother yet, so I can imagine it must be hard to lose the weight....That said I think many women and men put kids above the marriage which is a major no no. They let the sex life go, and next thing they know both partners are estranged from eachother. Kids grow up happier in a home that is headed by a happily married mom and dad. My parents loved me and yet still put their marriage first in many ways. They would take me on a family vacation, but also take weekends off for themselves to keep connected, I went to stay with grandparents. Also they had date night every week which consisted of dinner and a movie, or maybe dinner and dancing. Out of their friends they are the only happily married couple still together, so they must have done some thing right??

Also my mother always kept her weight down, and wore makeup and glamorous clothes, I know she worked and didn't always feel like exercising, but she did.

I always make sure when I see a women who has had a baby and she looks good, to tell her so.

pretender said:
You are welcome. I understand what you are saying..... truly I do... and I too try to stay in shape, but I don't do it for a man. I do it for me. I guess I just don't consider looks as much now as I use to. It's a personal thing.

Absolutely right!! Do it for you always and then men will also apprecitate it.. :)

damn pale, that's a nice single mom there

......i'm glad she was taking care of herself, too many i know get on that low self-esteem tip and what their asshole ex's are saying and don't take care of themselves.

i'm not trying to get into ya business, but i've heard online personals dating is quite a reasonable route for finding interesting people to say the least. i know a few people who have met some really good people on those personals sites. maybe you could investigate that, you'd be an interesting, intriguing date to say the least with the Harley Davidson background and all your life's experience.

Shattered said:
I think if more people were a little more "picky", the divorce rate would decrease dramatically.

Not if they dont get picky till after they get married...

NATO AIR said:
damn pale, that's a nice single mom there

......i'm glad she was taking care of herself, too many i know get on that low self-esteem tip and what their asshole ex's are saying and don't take care of themselves.

i'm not trying to get into ya business, but i've heard online personals dating is quite a reasonable route for finding interesting people to say the least. i know a few people who have met some really good people on those personals sites. maybe you could investigate that, you'd be an interesting, intriguing date to say the least with the Harley Davidson background and all your life's experience.

Thanks for the vote of confidence NATO, and yes, I've tried the single sites, and continue to, to this day. For some reason, I attrack all kinds of women OLDER than me. I don't know why. And I once met with a woman that I met online, and it was so horrible, now I'm gun shy about the whole thing. This woman so misrepresented herself, I barely recognized her when I met her. As a matter of fact, I walked directly past her beforehand. She could have stood on the beach and the tide wouldn't come in. It was bad. She outright LIED to me about her looks, and sent me an old, doctored up picture, and said it was recent.

To anyone that is thinking about these online meeting sites, make sure you see, CLEAR, RECENT pictures of said person. Don't accept, "this is me five years ago" stuff.

Bonnie said:
I have to agree with you Pale.......Ive never been a mother yet, so I can imagine it must be hard to lose the weight....That said I think many women and men put kids above the marriage which is a major no no. They let the sex life go, and next thing they know both partners are estranged from eachother. Kids grow up happier in a home that is headed by a happily married mom and dad. My parents loved me and yet still put their marriage first in many ways. They would take me on a family vacation, but also take weekends off for themselves to keep connected, I went to stay with grandparents. Also they had date night every week which consisted of dinner and a movie, or maybe dinner and dancing. Out of their friends they are the only happily married couple still together, so they must have done some thing right??

Also my mother always kept her weight down, and wore makeup and glamorous clothes, I know she worked and didn't always feel like exercising, but she did.

I always make sure when I see a women who has had a baby and she looks good, to tell her so.

My hats off to your Ma Bonnie. I know sometimes it's really hard to get the motivation to work out, but I force myself. I'm always glad I did after though. I'll bet your Ma was too.

I used to work out with the girl in the above pic, Dana. I'd take her on base to MacDill AFB. We had a fantastic big gym with all the goodies, as all Air Force Bases did. We'd go three, four times a week. She'd pump iron right along side me. It was great. Then we'd do some cardio stuff, play some basketball or handball, run a little and split. I sure loved to have someone to go to the gym with me. The fact that she was my girlfriend and was a knock out didn't hurt either... :mm:

Forum List

Back