Is Sex Necessary?

ajwps said:
Exactly, the Shakers are NO LONGER ANYTHING because of their church dogma that SEX made humans like the beasts. That is the topic isn't it?

The shakers werent mainstream to begin with. Even at the height of their success.

The shakers werent mainstream to begin with. Even at the height of their success.

Abraham and his wife and immediate entourage where hardly mainstream and Christ and his disciples were hardly mainstream to begin with. What is the height of success when it comes to religions?

What does the height of success or being mainstream have to do with the necessity for sex? The Shakers believed in celebacy with increase in numbers only by converts. This is the subject of this thread which is sex being necessary or not.

well yes it is! if i didnt have sex i wouldnt be able to get my balls in my pants due to ECB

Pale Rider said:
- Better teeth: Seminal plasma contains zinc, calcium and other minerals shown to retard tooth decay. Since this is a family Web site, we will omit discussion of the mineral delivery system. Suffice it to say that it could be a far richer, more complex and more satisfying experience than squeezing a tube of Crest--even Tartar Control Crest. Researchers have noted, parenthetically, that sexual etiquette usually demands the brushing of one's teeth before and/or after intimacy, which, by itself, would help promote better oral hygiene.

http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/08/cz_af_1008health.html

Ewwww!!!! Has any guy actually tasted their own semen to know what that shit tastes like?

I'll stick to good old milk thank you!

KarlMarx said:
Well ... I have you beat by a country mile.... I don't even want to say how long I've been celibate. I don't intend to sound like I'm trying to "one up" you, or I'm trying to brag. But, being a single dad, I didn't want to set a poor example for my kids. So they learn by example. Sure... I feel like I'm not even part of the human race sometimes, but what is the alternative? Give up my principals? Sell out? My kids' mother did that, thank you. They don't need more of it. So when I tell my kids, "wait until you're married", they can't say "easy for you to say", they know I am waiting too... so they can't argue with me. I guess my situation gives me a unique opportunity to be an example for my kids that way.

Someday I hope your kids realize what a good father they have. They should be proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself.

And there's a number of reasons why I don't sleep around. First and foremost is I don't want to catch any disease. With the onslaught of AIDS, sex just got a whole lot scarier with someone you don't know very well. The next person I have sex with will have PROVED to me by CLINICAL EXAM that they're clean. I equate having casual sex with someone you hardly know with playing Russian Roulette.

KarlMarx said:
Once a female work associate said to me, "men will do anything for sex"... I told her, no that's not true, not all of us are like that. I didn't tell her why she was wrong, but I think that she was hanging out with the wrong guys.

I hear what you're saying. I see far too many good looking women, and nice women I've met that I would have liked to have dated, just to meet their boyfriends/live ins, to see what kind of a total stinking jackass they are. It makes me wonder what the hell these women see in them. They support them, take shit from them, and keep right on doing it. What the fuck is up with that? Do they feel they need to MOTHER these loosers?! It's disgusting and perplexing.

KarlMarx said:
I think that the argument against abstinence education has just been disproved here on this thread. Those that say "well, kids are going to have sex anyway" are so foolish. To that I answer ... "not if the parents are doing their jobs".

No one has ever gone mad, died, gotten pregnant, contracted a disease from abstaining from sex. And we're living proof.

Damn right.

Not necessary.. but a heck of a lot of fun with the right person. LOL..J/K.. not,.. at least I remember it being so. :teeth:

But….like other singles here I don’t believe in having sex just to satisfy that animalistic need. There is a difference in having sex and making love, IMHO. Hopefully I will fall in love again and when that happens I can go into the relationship with a clear conscience and clean body. There really are too many STD’s out there to be promiscuous.

I have to say I admire the men who have posted here, and I am little surprised. Gosh I've been meeting the wrong men. It is nice to know there are men out there with morals and integrity, because there are so many that don’t have those virtues. And, you are teaching you kids by example….. wow. ^5

Pale Rider, those women you are talking about that let men use them obviously have low self esteem. I guess they feel a bad man is better than no man, personally I totally disagree. Boggles the mind doesn't it?

pretender said:
Pale Rider, those women you are talking about that let men use them obviously have low self esteem. I guess they feel a bad man is better than no man, personally I totally disagree. Boggles the mind doesn't it?

Well it can't be "a bad man is better than no man", because they could do better if they wanted with EASE. See a "good man" isn't as exciting as a "bad boy". Stability is boring. Bringing home a decent, constant pay check isn't a challenge. If you're not a job hopper with a bench warrant out for your arrest, you're just not much of a thrill. Who wants a "nice guy", with a good steady job, good morals and would treat you right? Heck, we're boring.

Pale Rider said:
Well it can't be "a bad man is better than no man", because they could do better if they wanted with EASE. See a "good man" isn't as exciting as a "bad boy". Stability is boring. Bringing home a decent, constant pay check isn't a challenge. If you're not a job hopper with a bench warrant out for your arrest, you're just not much of a thrill. Who wants a "nice guy", with a good steady job, good morals and would treat you right? Heck, we're boring.
You reckon men AND women will ever figure out that we are all ultimately responsible to take care of ourselves and that relationships are not some sort of contract that makes the OTHER person responsible to take care of you?

dilloduck said:
You reckon men AND women will ever figure out that we are all ultimately responsible to take care of ourselves and that relationships are not some sort of contract that makes the OTHER person responsible to take care of you?

Good question.

I used to be a crazy little bastard when I was younger. It was all about the party. Where's the party? I didn't care much about my future, and I didn't have much to show for myself, but by God I had hot and cold running women chasing me.

Now that I'm settled down and am enjoying some success, and am actually worth something, and I will treat a woman with respect, kindness and dignity as an equal, I can't find a woman to save my ass.

It seems to me the old adage "nice guys finish last" gets proven almost daily.

(I've been told my standards are too high...)

See a "good man" isn't as exciting as a "bad boy".

That's precisely what it is.. Luckily, though, for most people, it wears off. If it *doesn't* wear off, there's some serious issues lying underneath that need to be taken care of. Once maturity sets in, though...

A friend of mine was always told his standards were too high.. I always told him to hold out for those standards. He did. He's finally getting married...for the first time. He's going to be 37 in March. I'm betting he'll stay married.

Shattered said:
A friend of mine was always told his standards were too high.. I always told him to hold out for those standards. He did. He's finally getting married...for the first time. He's going to be 37 in March. I'm betting he'll stay married.

I'll bet he does too. It's nice to hear a success story. My congradulations to him and his new bride. I wish them a long and happy marriage.

I'd tell you the same thing.. Hold out for those standards.. Otherwise you run the risk of ultimate unhappiness. Granted, nobody is "perfect", but you know well enough by now what's really important to you, and what can be overlooked...

Shattered said:
I'd tell you the same thing.. Hold out for those standards.. Otherwise you run the risk of ultimate unhappiness. Granted, nobody is "perfect", but you know well enough by now what's really important to you, and what can be overlooked...
good advice---those decisions made from below the waist can sure make everything above the waist go CRAZY !!

Pale Rider said:

Pale Rider while this may be true for younger women like shattered said, women change with maturity. The problem I see is that mature men don't want those women that have matured and are the same age they are. They seem to go for the young ones, those that haven’t learned that a good man is a good man to have. Men in their 40's are dating women in their 20 & 30's expecting them to care about things other than having fun. Younger woman are looking for danger, excitement and fun, just like younger men. I will have to disagree with you that "women" want bad boys. Girls want "bad boys”, women want “good men”. So, if you are looking for a good woman maybe you should think about, what you are looking at…….

It just seems to me that men are very visual and having a young charm for their arm is important to them. Sooooo they should not complain when the “young” woman they choose finds them boring. When I was young I thought I had forever to find that stability and consistency. With maturity I realize I was wrong.

Youth is wasted on the young, but if you don’t have some fun, danger and thrills when young, when will you?

As much as I would like to find that one person to grow old with I don’t fool myself that most men aren’t looking for mature women, regardless of what they say.

pretender said:
As much as I would like to find that one person to grow old with I don’t fool myself that most men aren’t looking for mature women, regardless of what they say.

I tend to disagree with you on that. I have found that "some" men, with age tend to become more realistic towards women, with regard to the way they look and age. I can't speak for all men, it's just something I've noticed with quite a few.

Yes, I don't question the findings on the physical fitness of sex. Dr Ruth had already told you that sex is the only exercise which utilylizes all of the muscle groups in your body.

however, Sex is more of an emotional act; everybody overestimates the actual penis/vagina contact; yet, underestimates the emotional concepts of sex.

The emotional feeling for the warmth of her body, the excitement coming from her scent, the yearning for her groaning with each and every movement in hopes of... Excuse me... :dev1:

:wank:

Uh, what was I saying; oh yeah! Sex is necessary. It is the be all and end all of human existance; breed and multiply. This is a stupid question, which deserves a stupid response.

pretender said:

Well... I have to respectfully disagree with you here too. Oh I'll admit that I like to look at the young stuff, and think about how much fun it would be to have a romp with them, but then I think about how much we'd have in common, and the balloon busts. I wouldn't even think about trying to have a relationship with a woman under 40. There just wouldn't be enough in common with anyone younger than that. But still, I'm in pretty good shape, and it seems that too many women my age have just given up. They're fat and out of shape, so there's no way in hell I'm going to be attracked to that. If I can stay in shape, why can't they? But I know there's women my age that DO stay in shape, and of my expectations, that's first and foremost. Yes that's a "visual thing". But if the initial physical attraction is there, the rest is gravy.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. Good luck Pale, I hope you find that woman over 40 that looks 20. :cof: But, with the popularity of cosmetic surgery I guess anything is possible. ;)

Forum List

Back