Is Senator McCain Out Of His Mind?

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
I just pulled this off of Drudge 7-13-05

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3jm.htm

weddingcrashers_bigposter.jpg

SEN. MCCAIN STARS IN BOOB RAUNCH FEST

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. -- who once held hearings chastising Hollywood studios for producing R- rated films and marketing them to teens -- is now playing a part in one!

Opening this weekend, WEDDING CRASHERS, a movie packed with raunchy moments and bare-breasted beauties bedding down with the guys.

And Senator John McCain!

"In a summer full of sequels and remakes rated PG-13, we feel an original R-rated comedy will stand out," said Rolf Mittweg, president of worldwide distribution and marketing at NEW LINE.

Executives at the studio made a deliberate decision to swim against the current and fill the movie with four-letter words and lots-a-sex.

McCain joked on Tuesday, "Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and me - we're all pretty much starring roles." McCain said he couldn't resist a chance to appear in a Hollywood movie because "it impresses my kids."

Actors Wilson and Vaughn play divorce mediators who slip into weddings in order to seduce guests. Its slogan is "Life's a party. Crash it."

WEDDING CRASHER's director, David Dobkin, admitted that there had been some preliminary discussions about tailoring it for a less restrictive rating.

"At one point we sent the script to someone who knew about the rating system," Dobkin reported, "and he sent back a list of R-rated elements. It was a massive list. The two funniest scenes in the movie would have had to go."

During his senate hearings on Hollywood, McCain lectured Hollywood executives for pushing R-rated films:

"Motion pictures have to ability to elevate and inspire us. To weave wonderful tales, and to record our history. Clearly though, such is not the case."

Developing...

Eightball said:
I just pulled this off of Drudge 7-13-05

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3jm.htm

SEN. MCCAIN STARS IN BOOB RAUNCH FEST

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. -- who once held hearings chastising Hollywood studios for producing R- rated films and marketing them to teens -- is now playing a part in one!

Opening this weekend, WEDDING CRASHERS, a movie packed with raunchy moments and bare-breasted beauties bedding down with the guys.

And Senator John McCain!

"In a summer full of sequels and remakes rated PG-13, we feel an original R-rated comedy will stand out," said Rolf Mittweg, president of worldwide distribution and marketing at NEW LINE.

Executives at the studio made a deliberate decision to swim against the current and fill the movie with four-letter words and lots-a-sex.

McCain joked on Tuesday, "Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and me - we're all pretty much starring roles." McCain said he couldn't resist a chance to appear in a Hollywood movie because "it impresses my kids."

Actors Wilson and Vaughn play divorce mediators who slip into weddings in order to seduce guests. Its slogan is "Life's a party. Crash it."

WEDDING CRASHER's director, David Dobkin, admitted that there had been some preliminary discussions about tailoring it for a less restrictive rating.

"At one point we sent the script to someone who knew about the rating system," Dobkin reported, "and he sent back a list of R-rated elements. It was a massive list. The two funniest scenes in the movie would have had to go."

During his senate hearings on Hollywood, McCain lectured Hollywood executives for pushing R-rated films:

"Motion pictures have to ability to elevate and inspire us. To weave wonderful tales, and to record our history. Clearly though, such is not the case."

Developing...

haven't done a psych eval on em but he's one dude who will NEVER get my vote

dilloduck said:
haven't done a psych eval on em but he's one dude who will NEVER get my vote

not that I am a prude... against a little T&A but John did open his mouth and go against his preaching on this one as well as many others...He would never get my vote either...I truly respect his VN military service...but he has become something I cannot respect in the political arena! :coffee3:

John McCain is a good man. If the republican base hates him that doesent mean anything. What about him have you come to disrespect? (serious question)

xandy123 said:
John McCain is a good man. If the republican base hates him that doesent mean anything. What about him have you come to disrespect? (serious question)

He places his personal ambition to be president above everything else.

xandy123 said:

he became way too wishywashee(flip-flop) for me to consider him as a Presidential candidate...he also went to Hanoi with Lt.Kerry the traitor...
He also attacked the "Swift Boat Vets" a real no no in my books! :cof:

xandy123 said:

Let's see:

His unwavering campaign against Free Speech

His "Woe is me I was a POW." I respect the fact that he served our nation but that doesn't mean I should be expected to vote for him or that the fact he served puts him above reproach.

His "Every politician lies including me" statements. Here is the thing Senator, STOP LYING.

Then there is hypocrisy like this. Speaking out against R Rated movies and then appearing in them.

He may be a great guy. Fun to hang out with whatever. Doesn't mean I need to vote for him or believe in anything he tells me when he confesses he is a liar.

Let's see:

His unwavering campaign against Free Speech

His "Woe is me I was a POW." I respect the fact that he served our nation but that doesn't mean I should be expected to vote for him or that the fact he served puts him above reproach.

His "Every politician lies including me" statements. Here is the thing Senator, STOP LYING.

Then there is hypocrisy like this. Speaking out against R Rated movies and then appearing in them.

He may be a great guy. Fun to hang out with whatever. Doesn't mean I need to vote for him or believe in anything he tells me when he confesses he is a liar.
Nobody is forcing you to vote for him

Do you know how many politicians have said stupid shit...all of them dont hold John McCain to some ureasonable standard when every politician says stupid things. Name me some prominent people in the senate and then we'll see how McCain stacks up

archangel said:
he became way too wishywashy for me to consider him as a Presidential candidate...he also went to Hanoi with Lt.Kerry the traitor...
He also attacked the "Swift Boat Vets" a real no no in my books! :cof:

So he went to Hanoi with Kerry and that makes him a traitor too?

Fortunately you books are not the only set of books this country reads

I liked McCain well enough until the 2004 campaign. McCain endorsed Bush early in the campaign, then started strongly criticizing him near the end of it. It made me wonder about his stability and loyalty.

xandy123 said:
So he went to Hanoi with Kerry and that makes him a traitor too?

Fortunately you books are not the only set of books this country reads

I said he went to Hanoi with Kerry...Lt.Kerry was the traitor...I for one do not associate with traitors...and he went on to dish "Swift Boat Vets" and praise Kerry...
And what the hell are "you books" anyway...whats up with this...? :huh:

Forum List

Back