Is science fiction dying?

No Star Trek.
No Stargate.
No Babylon 5.
No Battlestar Galactica/Caprica.

For the first time since 1988 there are no major science fiction franchises left on television. After Stargate Universe finishes it's second season in 2011, what will happen to science fiction on television? Is science fiction on TV dying? Is there simply not enough money to add? Is your average citizen too stupid to understand science fiction? Do you think the upcoming Star Wars live-action series will be enough to save science fiction?

Really? What about Chuck, No Ordinary Family, Sanctuary, Doctor Who, and Smallville? Maybe if you stopped whining and looked past the end of your nose you would see that there is plenty of SF on TV. Not to mention that Syfy is planning another prequel to Galactica that will be about Husker's days as a Viper pilot.

Enterprise beat DS9 and Voyager....

I have to disagree. DS9 had better scripts and action scenes than any of the other series, and Voyager expanded the number of other species that Trek could have used in yet another series.

All Enterprise did was rehash the Vulcans, Andorians and Romulans over and over.

Not to mention completely rewriting the timeline twice over. I just pretend Enterprise has nothing to do with Star Trek when I watch it.

Forum List

Back