Is Rush Limbaugh the New Face of the GOP?

The left leaning posts of this thread really haven't listened to Rush very much. If they had, they would understand what he was saying. Also, he has hammered Bush quite a bit over the last 8 years. If you want to give an opinion, at least make it an educated opinion.

If true, then why so much outrage about one line of one speech which makes him look bad?

Which line of what speech?

It was Obama saying something about the fact that listening to him won't help the country. It got so blown out of proportion by so many, even twisted into some strange rumor that Obama was saying that he shouldn't be allowed to talk on the radio ... it was just a bunch of screaming about it, and yet, it was only one line to make a point that falling lock step behind one persons ideas isn't going to work.

LOL. I have no "outrage" nor have heard it. Other than speculation on it being the first step towards the reestablishment of the un"Fairness Doctrine"... It's speculation, not "outrage".

The attempt to diminish opposition to the re-election plans of Obama and Congressional Democrats, in his "stimulus" package that mysteriously interjects most cash on election years has largely been successful with the aid of the MSM. However, it won't last long. Already "facts" about the stimulus are coming out, it will be changed before there is a Senate vote and all speculation about "Rush" will only diminish the Ds who brought it out to begin with...

Last edited:

It was Obama saying something about the fact that listening to him won't help the country. It got so blown out of proportion by so many, even twisted into some strange rumor that Obama was saying that he shouldn't be allowed to talk on the radio ... it was just a bunch of screaming about it, and yet, it was only one line to make a point that falling lock step behind one persons ideas isn't going to work.

LOL. I have no "outrage" nor have heard it. Other than speculation on it being the first step towards the reestablishment of the un"Fairness Doctrine"... It's speculation, not "outrage".

Scan through some more of the forum, though I think most were rightly moved to the Flame Zone, to me those are outrage. Though no one who has defended Obamas words did a good job either so I have just read them for laughs, the heated arguing and name calling on both sides is humorous.

The attempt to diminish opposition to the re-election plans of Obama and Congressional Democrats, in his "stimulus" package that mysteriously interjects most cash on election years has largely been successful with the aid of the MSM. However, it won't last long. Already "facts" about the stimulus are coming out, it will be changed before there is a Senate vote and all speculation about "Rush" will only diminish the Ds who brought it out to begin with...

Obama has become Rush's number 1 promoter.

Same reason cons do.

Tell us why you think that is?

Our country seems to feed on aggression lately ... not sure but that may be why.

I see it more as the promotion of "fear". With a "face" to the enemy it becomes more "real" for people.

Generally people who follow politics to the point of arguing strategy won't fall for these things, however there are many on both sides on such sites as these that will and it will continue to be a topic of discussion.

However, attempting to describe a talk show host as the "face" of any party. That's just sad.

And with only one sentence ... strange how our media works.

Pretty much. It's like the teacher's union and the orange juice boycott. They never sold more orange juice.

Well it is true some dems and even a few reps have been tinkering with the idea of bringing the fairness doctrine back to shut up political speech they do not like. Obama just validated their concerns. I'm starting to think Obama should have a teleprompter strapped to his forehead at all times.

Well it is true some dems and even a few reps have been tinkering with the idea of bringing the fairness doctrine back to shut up political speech they do not like. Obama just validated their concerns. I'm starting to think Obama should have a teleprompter strapped to his forehead at all times.

At least he'd be able to read it ... :eusa_whistle:

At least he'd be able to read it ... :eusa_whistle:

LOL! Touche..

Attachments

• $589.gif
    $589.gif
    453.2 KB · Views: 81

Forum List

Back