Is Rush Limbaugh the New Face of the GOP?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Talk about hot air seeking a vacuum. I hope he does become the one . They will get maybe 10% of the vote next time. Hell, maybe he will run with Sarah.

One of your elected officials actually apologized to him for criticizing Rush's remarks.:cuckoo:

It's conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh drew huge coverage in the days leading up to Obama's inauguration when he declared that he hoped the new president would fail -- part of a broader condemnation of liberalism in the country.

Obama upped the ante late last week when in a private meeting with Republicans he referenced Limbaugh's brand of politics as a big reason why major legislation hadn't been passed in years.

Then on Monday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs offered another sly provocation of Limbaugh; asked to expand on Obama's comments about the talk show host, Gibbs demurred and then added: "Tell [Rush] I said hi."

Not surprisingly, Limbaugh took the bait. Of Obama, he said: "He's obviously more frightened of me than he is Mitch McConnell. He's more frightened of me, then he is of say, John Boehner, which doesn't say much about our party."

All of the back and forth between Limbaugh and Obama comes just days before the members of the Republican National Committee gather in Washington to elect the organization's next chairman -- a race that has been badly overshadowed by the first days of Obama's presidency.

"The party is in transition," said Ed Rogers, ( A little fat slime ball on Hard Ball) a Republican lobbyist and close ally of Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. "Our leaders have not found their voice or direction....Limbaugh is filling a vacuum in a world that requires a constant media counter-point."

Is Rush Limbaugh the New Face of the GOP? - The Fix

Talk about hot air seeking a vacuum. I hope he does become the one . They will get maybe 10% of the vote next time. Hell, maybe he will run with Sarah.

One of your elected officials actually apologized to him for criticizing Rush's remarks.:cuckoo:

It's conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh drew huge coverage in the days leading up to Obama's inauguration when he declared that he hoped the new president would fail -- part of a broader condemnation of liberalism in the country.

Obama upped the ante late last week when in a private meeting with Republicans he referenced Limbaugh's brand of politics as a big reason why major legislation hadn't been passed in years.

Then on Monday, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs offered another sly provocation of Limbaugh; asked to expand on Obama's comments about the talk show host, Gibbs demurred and then added: "Tell [Rush] I said hi."

Not surprisingly, Limbaugh took the bait. Of Obama, he said: "He's obviously more frightened of me than he is Mitch McConnell. He's more frightened of me, then he is of say, John Boehner, which doesn't say much about our party."

All of the back and forth between Limbaugh and Obama comes just days before the members of the Republican National Committee gather in Washington to elect the organization's next chairman -- a race that has been badly overshadowed by the first days of Obama's presidency.

"The party is in transition," said Ed Rogers, ( A little fat slime ball on Hard Ball) a Republican lobbyist and close ally of Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour. "Our leaders have not found their voice or direction....Limbaugh is filling a vacuum in a world that requires a constant media counter-point."

Is Rush Limbaugh the New Face of the GOP? - The Fix

First off this was written by a leftist twit who just doesn't get it. Anyone who has listened to Rush knows his sense of humor and his comments in reply to the press sec. really wan't 'taking the bait'. And if you listen to Rush for any length of time or any right wing radio station you will hear them chastise the right almost more often than they do the left these days.

His comments about wanting Obama to fail were addressed before, but was put best by Rush himself when he said that if Obama advances policies he likes he would hope he would succeed. If he advances policies he doesn't support, he hopes he fails. I'm not sure how that warrants incredulous indigination by the left or anybody.

I don't think Rush needs or should be the person to be the new face of the GOP. For the time in needs to be a politician that actually exemplifies conservative values in his actions, not just words. Rush along with other radio hosts, (Jason Lewis comes to mind) can be is exactley what they are. A voice for the rest of us who obviously despise leftist, big government, nanny stateism who dont' have as a big a microphone and simply hope that are elected officials listen.

derangement, why do liberals always have to have "somebody" to hate?

Yes you are deranged, Willow. No one talked about hate here. More of the katnip, My Dear?

Now speaking of hate: That is what Rush is all about. Getting the right to hate the left.

You really don't have any idea of what you are talking about, do you?

Listen to the add. They play Rush saying "I hope he fails" then when the pundit is talking to Ann Coulter they deny he said it.

This is one even for the right. Ann is on in all her head flashing glory. Fox special.

All you horny righties who won't admit to sins of the flesh, can vicariously lust after her/him?

Yahoo!

Last edited:
Rush typifies the right wing conservatives, all he seems to do is criticize others. I've only heard him a few times as one can only take stupidity in small portions. Does he ever talk about anything positive? What did he say while Bush was wrecking the budget and the world I wonder?

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis: I: Projecting Fascism

He says absolutely nothing. Rush praises Bush without ruining his reputation. Conservatives flock around Rush because of the false sense of enlightenment he oozes out to the Right-wing. Dennis Miller is conservative as well but at least he is somewhat funny.

Rush typifies the right wing conservatives, all he seems to do is criticize others. I've only heard him a few times as one can only take stupidity in small portions. Does he ever talk about anything positive? What did he say while Bush was wrecking the budget and the world I wonder?

Rush is a loud windbag that may typify an element of the GOP and that element may be the right wing of the party but I'd hardly classify it as conservative. Rush's consistent defense of the GOP's wildly arrogant hypocritical behaviors and vision void direction that is contrary to many conservative tenants may make him the standard bearer of the GOP but it hardly places him at the helm of the conservative ship.

Gayboy, you should be more concerned why Obama would be childish enough to drag a radio show host into Washington's inner workings when we are in such deep shit.

Well, you wouldn't know because you just admitted you never listen to him. You just know he's a fascist.

I should have included you in the retard list.

I used to think Rush was funny; then I realized that some people take him seriouly.

I wouldn't be sad if he lost his voice again.

Is Rush Limbaugh the new face of the GOP?

No, he's a silly attempt by the left to find a new "Bush" to bash.

This is the new face of the GOP:

20080613_steele.jpg

If true, then why so much outrage about one line of one speech which makes him look bad?

Which line of what speech?

It was Obama saying something about the fact that listening to him won't help the country. It got so blown out of proportion by so many, even twisted into some strange rumor that Obama was saying that he shouldn't be allowed to talk on the radio ... it was just a bunch of screaming about it, and yet, it was only one line to make a point that falling lock step behind one persons ideas isn't going to work.

New Topics

Forum List

Back