Is Rubio (R-teaparty) wrong?

We pay service on the debt first before anything, it's not the immediate crisis many make it out to be, it's why all of them have the luxury to stand on principle and keep their favorite programs off the chopping block or protect their special interests from tax hikes.

in the last 5 minutes our national debt increased 4.3 million dollars.

so, since you made your post at 3:34pm today, our national debt probably increased around 77 million dollars.

no country can sustain that kind of debt growth. and if some of us live long enough, we'll get to see the repercussions of being that fiscally irresponsible.

You're right. We can't sustain it. Which is why tax rates need to be raised back to historic norms.

or we could stop supporting the world. and fighting wars.

in the last 5 minutes our national debt increased 4.3 million dollars.

so, since you made your post at 3:34pm today, our national debt probably increased around 77 million dollars.

no country can sustain that kind of debt growth. and if some of us live long enough, we'll get to see the repercussions of being that fiscally irresponsible.

You're right. We can't sustain it. Which is why tax rates need to be raised back to historic norms.

or we could stop supporting the world. and fighting wars.

That wouldn't hurt either.

Sooo, those "historic norms" of taxation kept the budget balanced and we did not accrue any debt or deficit spend?

Yeah. That never happened. And it certainly didn't happen within the last 15 years.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary
we've gone over this before. There is discretionary & non- discretionary spending. There HAS to be bi-partisan support for non-discretionary spending reform. At present, there is none. After the election there may be some reasonable persons willing to put country before party.
Rubio is a politician. He is not on board with tea party principles. To try and label him a tea partier is disingenuous.

Marco Rubio stiffs Senate Tea Party Caucus, but be careful what you wish for | Crooks and Liars

he did that AFTER being elected w/ support from the tea party. without them he would not have been elected.

Last edited:
Did I say that? No. I didn't.

At the end of Clinton's time we had a budget surplus.

No, we did not.

The fact that debt went up due to a requirement by law that SS loan its surplus to the Federal Government does not change that fact.

We spent more money than we took in - that is a deficit.

In 2000 we brought in $2,025.2B and spent $1,789.0B.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

So, you were saying?

I'm certainly not going to try an explain this out in detail. If you haven't gotten it by now chances are you're set in your rut.

But, it is still embarrassing.

he is one of the prominent tea party candidates so his opinion carries outside of his state.

he was elected, in large part, from tea party endorsement wasn't he? He didn't run as a republican but as an anti repub- establishment (biz as usual) tea partier.

Correct and now he has compromised his principles and sold out to the establishment. I guess that's fine as long as the establishment is in power but people have long memories and this will come back to haunt him.

People have long memories? When did that happen. it seems people forget shit from the decade to decade. I've had to argue and prove more times than I'd like where and when the Tea Party movement began. it wasn't on a MSM TV network rant in 2009 either.

Nope it did not start in 2009 but that was when it became a tool of the GOP to attack Obama and it's ranks swelled with ex Bush supporters.

I'm certainly not going to try an explain this out in detail. If you haven't gotten it by now chances are you're set in your rut.

But, it is still embarrassing.

Ah. I see. You have no idea what you're talking about. You're just being an ass hat.

Duly noted.

Grasping the increase to the debt vs. the supposed surplus in your logic is erroneous. You're trying to paint over a window. It's fine, but its wrong. I'm not going to wash your windows for you. It's also highly silly. Considering one years supposed surplus after 8 goes back to immediate deficit spend.

Duly noted.

Forum List

Back