Is Rubio (R-teaparty) wrong?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
I think that Romney is the most electable out of the 4 candidates the GOP has now. Makes sense to support the guy that has the best chance to win in November.

Santorum and Gingrich at this point are nothing more than also rans. If Rubio believes that Romeny is the best candidate or that the time has come to recognize that the also rans will never advance he is entitled to make that decision. At some point, the also rans will have to accept a loss and move on to the larger war. The sooner the better. obama must be defeated. That's the overriding goal.

I think that Romney is the most electable out of the 4 candidates the GOP has now. Makes sense to support the guy that has the best chance to win in November.

I totally agree with Wiseacre. Romney has the best shot in November and the sooner the GOP supports him and rallies behind him, the better their chances will be.

Santorum and Gingrich are doing a huge dis-service to their party by staying in the race.

It certainly shows just how far out of the bounds of original intent the tea party has become.

Romney or Obama. Those are great choices if we're interested in more of what the last 12 years have brought us. It's like choosing store brand or name brand products.

I totally agree with Wiseacre. Romney has the best shot in November and the sooner the GOP supports him and rallies behind him, the better their chances will be.

Santorum and Gingrich are doing a huge dis-service to their party by staying in the race.

They really aren't. Each one is a foil for the other. If anything, Gingrich is waiting for Santorum to drop and vice versa. When either one drops out, their voters will go to the other muddying up the primary contests even more. Gingrich knows this more than Santorum who somehow sees a mandate out there just out of reach. Both will have to be forced out by Romney's winning primaries. I had intended to vote for Gingrich in the California primary. He hasn't got a chance, I'll vote for Romeny instead.

Rubio is a Tea Party supporter but it doesn't mean he speaks for the Tea Party. The dirty little secret has become obvious. The left is trying to split the republican party from the Tea Party with the Romney "moderate" posts and Rubio's endorcement but it's all Media Matters/Huffington crap.

The Tea Party was and is just a diversionary arm of the Republican party.
In the end they will vote for whomever is the Republican candidate.
This is what I have always said.

Rubio is a Tea Party supporter but it doesn't mean he speaks for the Tea Party. The dirty little secret has become obvious. The left is trying to split the republican party from the Tea Party with the Romney "moderate" posts and Rubio's endorcement but it's all Media Matters/Huffington crap.

Its like referring to Pelosi as Pelosi (D-Occupy)

The Tea Party was and is just a diversionary arm of the Republican party.
In the end they will vote for whomever is the Republican candidate.
This is what I have always said.

So...in other words, you agree with the way the GOP saw them and the way they saw themselves...and you disagree with the way the left tried to paint them as.

So do I.

He is free to endorse whomever he chooses. Why would anyone have a problem with that?
he is one of the prominent tea party candidates so his opinion carries outside of his state.
Wtf? Rubio (R-Teaparty)???

When did the Tea Party become official? I like Rubio, but there is no Tea Party "party".

he was elected, in large part, from tea party endorsement wasn't he? He didn't run as a republican but as an anti repub- establishment (biz as usual) tea partier.

Forum List

Back