Is Ron Paul a bit senile or just naive?

....BUT, then he starts talking about regulations and how if we remove regulations... then I cringe. ALL regulations? Yep ALL. .

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

Has he proposed to do away with the Constitutional Provisos which safeguard those rights?

I have never heard him say anything other than ALL federal regulations should be abolished. Like I said in my original post, a lot of the regulation in this country was developed to protect peoples rights. How would removing those regulations bolster those liberties and ensure continued protection. Just too much of an ALL or NOTHING solution in my opinion.

Other than the Constitution - what regulation - was adopted "to protect peoples rights"?

Ron Paul certainly has it right about not going to war with Iran. That's about all I agree with him on.

....BUT, then he starts talking about regulations and how if we remove regulations... then I cringe. ALL regulations? Yep ALL. .

You have an UNALIENABLE right to life, liberty, property and to pursue happiness.

Has he proposed to do away with the Constitutional Provisos which safeguard those rights?

I have never heard him say anything other than ALL federal regulations should be abolished. Like I said in my original post, a lot of the regulation in this country was developed to protect peoples rights. How would removing those regulations bolster those liberties and ensure continued protection. Just too much of an ALL or NOTHING solution in my opinion.

I haven't seen anything that says he is for complete deregulation. He wants to reinstate Glass-Steagall for example.

Other than the Constitution - what regulation - was adopted "to protect peoples rights"?

You do know that regulatory agencies exist in the U.S. right? Like lots of them. Every Department of "Blank", regulates "Blank". Where blank=education, commerce, labor etc. And they are given authority to enforce regulations. For example, "child labor regulations" which has come up in this election since Newt is seriously trying to put poor urban (don't say black) youth to work to teach them life skills, prepare them for the future, and break up janitor unions all in one foul swoop. These are regulatory agencies. Ron Paul wants none of them. He feels the market and the notion of respecting others will be enough to keep people/companies from abusing others. I think that is absurd. Have you ever listened to or read anything from Dr. Paul? He is a strict Liberitarian, which means he is against ALL government regulation of people and corporations. I feel that is somewhat of a 'pipe-dream'/utopian ideology. I'd love it if that worked. But there is a reason a liberitarian society has never been attempted: power corrupts, corruption leads to exploitation and then to more power. Rinse and repeat. Once again I understand our system isn't perfect by far, but I definitely don't think our country or the world is ready for treat thy neighbor as thy self style regulation either.

Last edited:
You know if people would put half the energy they put into bashing Ron Paul into actually researching him or at least properly vetting their assumptions about him they might be surprised. BTW when I say research I don't mean listen to what some random douchebag on some internet forum or TV has to say about him.

You do know that regulatory agencies exist in the U.S. right?r.

You do know that regulatory agencies from AAA to ZZZ are unconstitutional.

They don't guarantee rights - by grandstanding for powerful factions demagogue politicians are guaranteed extra constitutional power and re-elections.

You know if people would put half the energy they put into bashing Ron Paul into actually researching him or at least properly vetting their assumptions about him they might be surprised. BTW when I say research I don't mean listen to what some random douchebag on some internet forum or TV has to say about him.

Like you for instance?

Paul is a joke. Comic relief for the party.

He just seems off. Something isn't right with this man. Last night Bachmann pointed out an IAEA report on Irans nuclear program and his response was to call her a liar. I don't care for bachmann but I have no doubt about her honesty.

Seems strange to me that someone who buys into the same recycled fearmongering over and over again would be calling someone else naive. Iran of course wants a nuke but not because they want to "wipe Israel and Murica off the map herpderp", they want a nuke so that they can sell their petroleum for the currency of their choice without being invaded. If you think our Middle East policy is about anything other than keeping OPEC members beholden to US dollar hegemony, you really owe it to yourself to learn how the world works. A good place to start would be Richard Nixon taking the dollar off the Gold Standard and replacing it with the OPEC backed petrodollar; OPEC petroleum would sell only in dollars in exchange for US Military protection. Industrial nations like Japan, the UK, France, etc all hold so much US debt because they're forced to purchase our debt if they want to purchase OPEC petroleum. This arrangement guarantees that in a global economy fueled by oil, the US can virtually print oil, GDP, geopolitical power as long as OPEC members don't drop the petrodollar standard. Here is one of many sources that explain the petrodollar phenomenon: Meet the System That Will Collapse the U.S. Dollar (Part 1) | FTMdaily.com

This is the reality of the situation. Most Americans aren't aware of it because the US doesn't exactly advertise the fact that our only real export in the global economy is our military which grants us a (increasingly expiring) license to print global hegemony. So I can understand most people not being aware of the situation, but Newt has to be, Romney has to be, Bachmann has to be, etc. Yet they sit up there and tell blatant lies all in an organized effort to scare people into submission. Iran is trying to develop and expand their economy so that they may attract foreign investment and modernize their standard of living, they are not trying to usher in the apocalypse.

You can continue having your opinions manipulated by warmongering rhetoric if that's what suits you. I'm just telling you how the world really works.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back