Is Romney up to the task of running against Obama?

obama is distracting away from the horror he's made of this nation. Pay attention to anything but the disaster he'd knowingly and intentionally created.

obama's biggest mistake is that he didn't get the American public to believe his "stories".

Yep, 3 1/2 months to go. There is never enough time to define yourself when you don't appear to be willing to. I'll certainly vote for Romney if he shows a willingness to fight. Letting Obama define your character without doing it yourself is a major fail. Just like your childish post.

What do you think Romney should be doing to get his message out? What do you think is the best way for him to reach people with the MSM as Obama's third rail?

He has to win independents to win this election. He isn't going to do that by playing liar, liar pants on fire with Obama.

So, come up with an idea. How do you think the message can get out to those voters?

Up until Barack Obama the media at least pretended some sort of objectivity. That ended with Chris Matthews tingling leg.

Oh puhlease.

You're talking about MSNBC, which I'm pretty sure is one of the lower-ranked news stations in the US.

Again, the "Liberal Media" notion has been around for decades.

If anything, the "Liberal Media" should have less effect than it did in the 90's with the influx of multiple media sources brought on by the internet's popularity.

That is true for people that are interested and want to know. For many who get their political news from soundbites in between their favorite shows, it continues to be a problem. Go out and quiz a few young people and see what you get.

Intellectual laziness is an epidemic in this country, and it's certainly not relegated to just the youth.

These people won't make a sound decision regardless of what's fed to them. They don't care. :thup:

I personally think that Romney should metaphorically beat Obama over the head with his, "You didn't build this" remarks. I think he should point out that government has NOTHING of it's own.

What do you think Romney should be doing to get his message out? What do you think is the best way for him to reach people with the MSM as Obama's third rail?

He has to win independents to win this election. He isn't going to do that by playing liar, liar pants on fire with Obama.

So, come up with an idea. How do you think the message can get out to those voters?

Release his tax returns. If Romney is being truthful about when he left Bain the returns will confirm that. Then with that attack line dead he will be freed up to put forth his own message while Obama flails around searching for his next diversion.

Oh puhlease.

You're talking about MSNBC, which I'm pretty sure is one of the lower-ranked news stations in the US.

Again, the "Liberal Media" notion has been around for decades.

If anything, the "Liberal Media" should have less effect than it did in the 90's with the influx of multiple media sources brought on by the internet's popularity.

That is true for people that are interested and want to know. For many who get their political news from soundbites in between their favorite shows, it continues to be a problem. Go out and quiz a few young people and see what you get.

Intellectual laziness is an epidemic in this country, and it's certainly not relegated to just the youth.

These people won't make a sound decision regardless of what's fed to them. They don't care. :thup:

Well, you somehow have to get something to them other than soundbites or comedy bits from the Daily Show. I think Mitt should hire a PR team.

obama is distracting away from the horror he's made of this nation. Pay attention to anything but the disaster he'd knowingly and intentionally created.

obama's biggest mistake is that he didn't get the American public to believe his "stories".

I know republicans would love to make this election all about Obama but at some point we all have to take a hard look at the guy who wants to replace him and consistently Romney looks bad when we do so. He cannot win on the scary Obama theme alone, he cannot win on his record, he cannot win as he is.

Well, you somehow have to get something to them other than soundbites or comedy bits from the Daily Show. I think Mitt should hire a PR team.

You're giving me the impression that you feel the misinformed are only one side of the political spectrum.

Release his tax returns. If Romney is being truthful about when he left Bain the returns will confirm that. Then with that attack line dead he will be freed up to put forth his own message while Obama flails around searching for his next diversion.

What does it matter? It has already been shown by no less than the Washington Post and Obama's own bundlers that Romney wasn't in charge of Bain at that time. Why on earth should Romney let these people pick around his tax papers looking for something to make hay of? It's not one of those situations where if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to hide.
You're a business man, so look at it this way. Even though you pay your taxes and follow the rules, the last thing you want is a bunch of government inspectors showing up picking your business apart. It is their desire to find SOMETHING, and so you know they will find something that you'll have to justify.
These people are simply looking for something to distort. Why should he give them opportunity? Because Obama's media says so?
If we continue to allow the media to beat candidates to death this way, it's no wonder you can't get good people to run for office.

You're giving me the impression that you feel the misinformed are only one side of the political spectrum.

That's because they primarily are.

:lol:

Now that I know where you stand I guess we can end this discussion. :thup:

Next to obama, Romney looks like St. Francis.

Much depends on what gets voters attention. Right now Romney is raking in money, obama is burning through money so fast, his donors can't keep up. If, starting in September, Romney dumps on obama, obama won't have the money to counter the attacks. obama is on the downslope NOW.

You have too much faith in the lying democrats. they will just start another bullshit line of attack. You've seen it before. Don't you recognize it now?

What does it matter? It has already been shown by no less than the Washington Post and Obama's own bundlers that Romney wasn't in charge of Bain at that time. Why on earth should Romney let these people pick around his tax papers looking for something to make hay of? It's not one of those situations where if you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to hide.
You're a business man, so look at it this way. Even though you pay your taxes and follow the rules, the last thing you want is a bunch of government inspectors showing up picking your business apart. It is their desire to find SOMETHING, and so you know they will find something that you'll have to justify.
These people are simply looking for something to distort. Why should he give them opportunity? Because Obama's media says so?
If we continue to allow the media to beat candidates to death this way, it's no wonder you can't get good people to run for office.

He will have to release them unless he wants to continue fighting the image that he's hiding something. Why not get it overwith early and move on? Waiting till closer to the election only ensures that it is the topic then rather than now.

You have too much faith in the lying democrats. they will just start another bullshit line of attack. You've seen it before. Don't you recognize it now?

Sure. But this attack may have teeth with independents. The next? Who knows. I mean Obama has blamed a lot of things for his failures and much of it is laughed at. Ie: the weather and ATM's

Ok. Because you can't say differently. Those that vote Republican typically have to go look for information. It is they that tune into talk radio or go looking at Drudge for information. Low info voters hear blurbs on network tv or comedy bits from Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show and consider that to be news. They assume if the cool kids are making fun of him, you probably shouldn't vote for him.

We rail on Obama hiding personal documents but seem willing to give Romney a pass?

I'm not on board with that hypocrisy.

If Obama set the standard that it's ok for things to remain private, then it is not hypocrisy to apply that same standard to Romney. You seem to want to allow Obama to play by one set of rules and make Romney play by another. If they changed the standards for Obama, then we also have to apply that change to the Republican candidate.

And again, the Bain question has been answered. They are on a fishing expedition. You should really go read Ailinsky's Rules For Radicals so that you can see what team Obama is attempting. I say that Mitt has no need to arm his opposition.

Ok. Because you can't say differently. Those that vote Republican typically have to go look for information. It is they that tune into talk radio or go looking at Drudge for information. Low info voters hear blurbs on network tv or comedy bits from Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show and consider that to be news. They assume if the cool kids are making fun of him, you probably shouldn't vote for him.

I could absolutely say differently, but then I'd be lowering myself to the level of people that talk out of their ass...so no thank you.

What is it about talk radio that makes you think it's not slanted towards a certain ideology, is that what Rush or Glenn told you? Isn't Drudge a Conservative-slanted news site?

People that couldn't care less about objectivity will go to the voices that are saying what they want to hear, because that's the path of least resistance, because we're talking about the intellectually lazy, after all.

The fact that you think there is only one side that's not doing what it should speaks volumes to what kind of person you are with respect to politics.

It seems your initial posts were more autobiographical than I had realized.

Forum List

Back