Is Romney up to the task of running against Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    I'm really beginning to have some doubts. Flashbacks of McCains terrible campaign.

I hear pro Obama and anti Romney ads regularly. But not hardly a peep or response from Romney. Some of the anti Romney ads are pretty ruthless and will serve to put Romney in a box he can't get out of if he doesn't start firing back. He won't win from a defensive position. He must put forth his own attacks and positive agenda. If he spends all his time on defense he is toast.

He has plenty of ammunition. Hopefully he doesn't squander it like he did the SCOTUS ruling.

2. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    He NEEDS to start laying out his intentions. Full-stop, period. Being "anybody but Obama" will not be enough.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    Agreed. Some of Romney's poll numbers on people's confidence in him to fix the economy are dismal. Especially in the so called swing states.

4. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,619
    It says a lot about the GOP if they can't even beat Obama.

I honestly don't know what it will take to beat some sense into this crop of UnConservatives. I would like to believe getting their asses handed to them by Obama, again, would wake them up to just how diseased and sick they are, but I am too cynical at this point.

5. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    He has stated (will find the quote if I must) that he's not going to share his plans, because then they can be held against him or some such.

6. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,468
    Great thread. OP must live in a bubble state. I can't watch the tube for 10 minutes without hearing about how Obama sucks.

Reality bites.

7. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    I like what I'm hearing from my local representatives but it doesn't seem to be translating to a national position. I feel confident we can take McCaskills seat but we need much more than that.

8. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    A positive agenda....that would be good to see. Jackson (the poster) listed some of his plans. It sounds like what Bush 43 did with a few differences. Romney is pro nuclear which is good to see. His idea to have Congress ratify any regulation that will seriously effect the economy is a winner.

But by and large, he's is exactly what the Obama campaign is saying he is; sort of this Bizarro Robin Hood who will cut taxes on the rich, cut services to the poor and the middle class, decrease regulation and enforcement and we'll end up with more bubbles as a result.

The Governor's big problem is that he can't really play the defensive game that well. On almost any national issue, Obama can rightly say, "My opponent flip flopped" and he'll be correct. Which means Governor Romney's offensive and positive games must be all that much more lethal. His charisma certainly isn't going to carry the day.

9. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    Maybe its a regional thing and since I'm not in one of the sought after swing states his plans just haven't made it to the airways here yet. The only ones mentioning Obama at this point are congressional candidates.

I would like a link to that statement though so I can shoot Romney a quick email about how stupid that position is, if in fact it is not taken out of context.
    He did initially release his 7300000 step plan which of course was ridiculous. No one is going to read all that shit.

10. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    It doesn't happen often in the nation but we may be seeing the end of the Republican party as we know it.

Lets pretend Obama wasn't President and all you could look at is Governor Romney, his values, his record, and his plans. Would you know right away--without dithering--that he was a Republican?