Is Romney getting bad advice or just dumb?

Jusjimnsc

Rookie
Sep 10, 2012
First,I believe Mitt is extremely qualified and could make a great president.He's had an extraordinarily successful life and I've seen NOTHING to indicate he's not earned everything he's ever attained BUT he's not gonna win.He just isn't.Yesterday,he made a statement saying he would propose across the board 20% tax decreases but would eliminate loopholes and exemptions for wealthy individuals.Sounds OK...at least to me...but Gregory pressed him on it for specifics over and over and over but he continually 'pivoted' to the same old talking points and would not answer the friggin' question.How could he and his advisors not have one specific answer to that question KNOWING it would be asked.Also,saying he would keep certain aspects of Obamacare is OK with me but it's the first time I've heard him say it.Then his wife admitted they'd not struggled financially but had in other ways(MS illness) yet at the convention she claimed the newlyweds live in a basement apartment with an ironing board for a table!He just makes too many mistakes.Just admit you're wealthy Mitt and don't be ashamed of it!Be honest and quit worrying so much about political correctness.Sad because he could have been a really good president.

I wonder how much money the Romney campaign has spent on advisers..:lol:
I can’t figure out Mitt Romney, though I think I’m hardly alone in that sentiment. When he’s not trashing the president (his only clear-cut campaign initiative) he spends the rest of the time dallying around issues that deserve serious consideration.

If it were me and I was running for president I would not give out very many specifics until just before the election when it's too late for democrats to pick those plans apart and manufacture lying criticisms. Just as a matter of strategy. I would bash our idiot presidebt at every opportunity and save everything else for the last when its too late for obama to make something up.

They both spend insane amounts of money and bash the other side.I see nothing dishonorable about Mitt.He''s worked hard,made a sh&$tload of money and utilized strategies to make his money grow.Nancy Pelosi and others(both sides) minimize their tax burden and have foreign bank accounts.

If it were me and I was running for president I would not give out very many specifics until just before the election when it's too late for democrats to pick those plans apart and manufacture lying criticisms. Just as a matter of strategy. I would bash our idiot presidebt at every opportunity and save everything else for the last when its too late for obama to make something up.

Mitt has to give out specifics because he's the challenger.Obama gives out virtually nothing but liberal media gives him a pass.

I just do not see the strength in Romney's eyes. But you might be right Katz, he may be saving it for the debates, or last minute . I am sooo looking forward to those debates.

Mitt Romney is dumb. He proves it time and time again with his obtuse answers and continual flip flops. He may be a good businessman where keeping others off guard is to your advantage but it doesn't work in the real world of government. People want answers and they want the same ones to the same questions over time. Not variations or different ones. One of my biggest reasons for not supporting him is that he is all things to all people. He needs to pick one and stick with it, but apparently he is incapable of that. Pandering comes to mind.

I just do not see the strength in Romney's eyes. But you might be right Katz, he may be saving it for the debates, or last minute . I am sooo looking forward to those debates.

You also have too look at where you live, and if you are in a swing state. All of the current media blitz by the republicans is in those states, so if you are outside of them, you are not going to see much, and of course, the media will only show Romney gaffes, or when he isnt looking very presidential.

Mitt has to give out specifics because he's the challenger.Obama gives out virtually nothing but liberal media gives him a pass.

Ryan was on "This week with George Stephanopoulos yesterday, Romney on Meet the press.

Romney needs to reach out to the young people and get on Jimmy Fallon and maybe get slimed on Nickoodeon, he is too much of a stiff and try's too hard after all of his rehearsals.

Last edited:

I am too. But it does not pay to show your hand too early and give the enemy an opportunity to mount a defense. Especially when the enemy lies so much. So far, democrats are flailing around attacking what they say Romney's plans are. It won't hurt to show them up for liars at the last minute.

Mitt Romney is dumb. He proves it time and time again with his obtuse answers and continual flip flops. He may be a good businessman where keeping others off guard is to your advantage but it doesn't work in the real world of government. People want answers and they want the same ones to the same questions over time. Not variations or different ones. One of my biggest reasons for not supporting him is that he is all things to all people. He needs to pick one and stick with it, but apparently he is incapable of that. Pandering comes to mind.

Watching him yesterday, I was waiting for even one little kernel of a real plan but he just dances around every point. Who would vote for someone who, this late in the process still cannot say what his position is but then, still manages to change it.

Ryan is no better. Loved the high school quote I posted yesterday, that Ryan was the biggest brown noser in school.

Between the two of them, they've never met a position they didn't love/hate/love/hate, lie about.

Contrast that with President Obama who gives specifics. I especially like when he has explained a jobs bill and then said to contact our congress person and ask them to vote on it. Puts the blame for the inaction of congress right where it belongs.

As we speak, the pubs are packing for their vacation and still refusing to do anything but obstruct. IOW, business as usual.

Forum List

Back