Is Romney camp giving up on Ohio?

Huffington Post Status

I have read several other articles like this in the past couple days.

I think not:

My pal Guy Benson found a juicy nugget that helps to bring more clarity to the news from Gallup yesterday that shows Romney leading Obama in the early vote by a full seven points, 52-45%.

Almost exactly four years ago (October 28, 2008), according to Gallup, Obama was massacring John McCain among early voters with a fifteen-point lead, 55-40%. That means, at least according to Gallup, that Obama's early vote advantage has dropped 22 points when compared to '08.

Gallup: Obama's Early Vote Advantage Collapses 22-Points Over 2008

That article has everything to do with Wisconsin and little to do with Ohio.

Wisconsin is a state where we know the Dem ground game was very recently defeated by the Republican ground game during the Walker recall election. It's also Paul Ryan's home state and unlikely to have substantial impact from Hurricane Sandy - you don't want to be politicking near people who have more pressing concerns: extended power outages, flooding expected in Cleveland, etc.

With the advantage of a superior ground game and the breaking of undecided, Romney only needs to close the gap to around 1.5 points to win Wisconsin - which wins him the election if he takes every state he currently leads in.

Obama will win WI. It's dominated by suburban Chicago. Count on it.

Huffington Post Status

I think not:

My pal Guy Benson found a juicy nugget that helps to bring more clarity to the news from Gallup yesterday that shows Romney leading Obama in the early vote by a full seven points, 52-45%.

Almost exactly four years ago (October 28, 2008), according to Gallup, Obama was massacring John McCain among early voters with a fifteen-point lead, 55-40%. That means, at least according to Gallup, that Obama's early vote advantage has dropped 22 points when compared to '08.

Sounds like the bottom's dropping out on the DNC. tch, tch, tch. They oughtn't have lied to the American people so many, many times.

Huffington Post Status

I think not:

Sounds like the bottom's dropping out on the DNC. tch, tch, tch. They oughtn't have lied to the American people so many, many times.

Becki, the lefties in here don't care. They're traitors. The post they put up are absolutely in favor of Obama. It's Astounding.

Wisconsin is a state where we know the Dem ground game was very recently defeated by the Republican ground game during the Walker recall election. It's also Paul Ryan's home state and unlikely to have substantial impact from Hurricane Sandy - you don't want to be politicking near people who have more pressing concerns: extended power outages, flooding expected in Cleveland, etc.

With the advantage of a superior ground game and the breaking of undecided, Romney only needs to close the gap to around 1.5 points to win Wisconsin - which wins him the election if he takes every state he currently leads in.

uh...no.

Not saying he won't win it, but WI is a pretty big state and I'm sure Chicago's influence doesn't go much further than the SE corner.

Since the Republicans actively refuse to look at any poll except Gallup or Rasmussen, it's clear they've admitted defeat. Why else would they have to retreat into their reality-exclusion bubble? Winners don't have to cherrypick. If you look at _all_ the polls, the Democrats are winning.

Heck, given that Romney is behind in every swing state except FL (a tie) and NC, winning WI would still mean a Romney loss.

Since the Republicans actively refuse to look at any poll except Gallup or Rasmussen, it's clear they've admitted defeat. Why else would they have to retreat into their reality-exclusion bubble? Winners don't have to cherrypick. If you look at _all_ the polls, the Democrats are winning.

Heck, given that Romney is behind in every swing state except FL (a tie) and NC, winning WI would still mean a Romney loss.

Boy are you in for a biiiig surprise.

uh...no.

Not saying he won't win it, but WI is a pretty big state and I'm sure Chicago's influence doesn't go much further than the SE corner.

I grew up on the snooty North Shore, and they looked at Wisconsinites just over the border as a bunch of rednecks...so I don't see a bit of influence.

There is no end to stupid shit that comes out of your fingers.

It's 1.9 Obama and trending Romeny, OF COURSE Romeney is giving it up.

Seriously stupid people on the Left.

And the polls that show Obama tied in Florida are totally unreliable...right?

Democrats are clinging to obama's increasingly slim leads in the states where he has a slim lead to feed the delusion that it means he's going to win.

RCP now has Obama in the lead in Virginia again, and he's tied in Colorado. (They are giving it to Romney... well... because.)

He's increased his lead in Ohio, while Romney's lead in Florida is down to one point.

Democrats are clinging to obama's increasingly slim leads in the states where he has a slim lead to feed the delusion that it means he's going to win.

RCP now has Obama in the lead in Virginia again, and he's tied in Colorado. (They are giving it to Romney... well... because.)

He's increased his lead in Ohio, while Romney's lead in Florida is down to one point.

you call 0.3 a lead?

you call 0.3 a lead?

Given the way that RCP fudges polls these days, Um, yeah... I would.

Shit, they are TIED in Colorado, and RCP is giving that one to Romney.

Meanwhile, over at Five-thirty-eight, Nate Silver has moved Colorado and Virginia out of tossup status and into "Leans Obama".

He's also moved Florida out of "Leans Romney" into "Tossup".

you call 0.3 a lead?

Meanwhile, over at Five-thirty-eight, Nate Silver has moved Colorado and Virginia out of tossup status and into "Leans Obama".

so, you're claiming RCP is accurate when they show Obama with a 0.3 lead, but in the same breath you claim they fudge the polls.

Kinda makes you a moron, Skippy.

you call 0.3 a lead?

so, you're claiming RCP is accurate when they show Obama with a 0.3 lead, but in the same breath you claim they fudge the polls.

Wellm, that and his bigotry, stupidity, and ignorance.

[

I think RCP is biased, they only include polls they like and they drop ones to maintain the illusion of leads. They'll exclude a Rand Poll but include an obscure one.

Oh, BTW, National Journal has Obama with a 5-point lead... so the RCP average is at at tie!

Watch Obama "take the lead" in the next few days, so they can say they were "right" when he wins.

Forum List

Back