Is Rick Parry too stupid to be Romney's Vice President?

I believe that Romney will be the next president of the United States of America. I believe his liberal stances on health care, gay marriage, and abortion - no matter how much he denies them during primary season - will help him work across the aisle.

To my point: I was under the impression that Perry would strengthen the Romney ticket because of his Conservative pedigree. However, I'm starting to think that Perry's incoherent diction might become an issue. Do Republicans think that Perry is too stupid to be Vice President?

If Romney wants to win against Obama, he cannot pick a running mate from this field. He has to step outside. Picking Christie or Rubio would give him the best shot at winning.

I believe that Romney will be the next president of the United States of America. I believe his liberal stances on health care, gay marriage, and abortion - no matter how much he denies them during primary season - will help him work across the aisle.

To my point: I was under the impression that Perry would strengthen the Romney ticket because of his Conservative pedigree. However, I'm starting to think that Perry's incoherent diction might become an issue. Do Republicans think that Perry is too stupid to be Vice President?

I want to go on Record right now with a Prediction.

I know Christi Said he would not run, but I think he might just end up Romney's VP. I know he said he didn't want to run because he owed it to NJ but that's horse shit. I mean it's a reason but the real reason I think is because it was not the best move politically for him. He has a better chance at being president if he gets more experience, what better way to do that then serving as VP.

It will be either Christie or Rubio. Rubio give Obama a better shot at winning Florida. Christie will work to get NJ in the Republican column if he is still in the governor's office, so selecting Christie doesn't necessarily help Romney. Rubio is the best choice. Question is would Rubio accept?

Perry and Romney seem to be developing some real animosity towards one another. I don't think we'll see them on the same ticket.

I'm going to go predict Romney/Gingrich. Both are Republican-establishment guys, but I think it can still hold the TEA Party since the ticket is clearly more "small government" than Obama. Gingrich has his '90s budget battles to hang his hat on. Gingrich's public perception shortcomings are mitigated because he's 2nd on the ticket. Romney's questionable conservative credentials are helped by Gingrich.

Again, I think the problem with taking a VP who opposed you is usually a sign of weakness. It's admit, you don't have all your Indians on the reservation.

Romney's positions (what is his position this week?) on issues won't help him because he just comes off as slick and insincere.

I always get annoyed when I hear a Romney Supporter saying "His moderate positions will help win over votes". It's like 2008 never happened! We played that game before with John McCain. "Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate who will win the middle. Really. Why, I could almost be caught thinking about voting Republican if it was a nice centrist like John McCain."

Didn't happen, though. All those moderates and liberals didn't cross over. McCain got 4 million less votes than G. W. Bush did.

Oh, yeah, and let's not forget, John McCain doesn't belong to a whackadoodle cult or have a personal business history of screwing working folks out of jobs. Mitt Romney is fit to carry the breifcase McCain keeps his medals in.

Perry and Romney seem to be developing some real animosity towards one another. I don't think we'll see them on the same ticket.

I'm going to go predict Romney/Gingrich. Both are Republican-establishment guys, but I think it can still hold the TEA Party since the ticket is clearly more "small government" than Obama. Gingrich has his '90s budget battles to hang his hat on. Gingrich's public perception shortcomings are mitigated because he's 2nd on the ticket. Romney's questionable conservative credentials are helped by Gingrich.

You do realize that people haven't forgotten the "Contract on America", Newt's role in the impeachment fiasco (that most Americans thought was a bad idea.)

Now, I like Newt. I think he's a smart guy. But he's politically toxic. His biggest problem is that he was screwing the Lobbyist behind his wife's back while trying to impeach Clinton for screwing the intern. Americans don't like hypocrites.

I want to go on Record right now with a Prediction.

I know Christi Said he would not run, but I think he might just end up Romney's VP. I know he said he didn't want to run because he owed it to NJ but that's horse shit. I mean it's a reason but the real reason I think is because it was not the best move politically for him. He has a better chance at being president if he gets more experience, what better way to do that then serving as VP.

I disagree. I think Christi meant it when he said he will honor his commitment to the people of NJ, and I respect him hugely for that. So, no, I don't think he'll be VP. I think Romney will get the nomination - and, while I would prefer someone more 'conservative' - I will vote for Romney. If he's smart, he'll pick someone like Cain for VP.

If Romney wants to win against Obama, he cannot pick a running mate from this field. He has to step outside. Picking Christie or Rubio would give him the best shot at winning.

After Romney's race baiting on immigration, I don't think Rubio would be caught near the guy.

Picking Christie will probably help him with TEA Partiers, but will not help him so much with the Social Conservatives and Evangelicals.

Again, I still think Romney's nomination will cause a third party split, allowing Obama to win easily.

You can always tell when a poster fails and feels stupid. They abandon their posts completely. There is no Rick Parry running for President. lol! :)

Again, I think the problem with taking a VP who opposed you is usually a sign of weakness. It's admit, you don't have all your Indians on the reservation.

Romney's positions (what is his position this week?) on issues won't help him because he just comes off as slick and insincere.

I always get annoyed when I hear a Romney Supporter saying "His moderate positions will help win over votes". It's like 2008 never happened! We played that game before with John McCain. "Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate who will win the middle. Really. Why, I could almost be caught thinking about voting Republican if it was a nice centrist like John McCain."

Didn't happen, though. All those moderates and liberals didn't cross over. McCain got 4 million less votes than G. W. Bush did.

Oh, yeah, and let's not forget, John McCain doesn't belong to a whackadoodle cult or have a personal business history of screwing working folks out of jobs. Mitt Romney is fit to carry the breifcase McCain keeps his medals in.

McCain ran after eight years of GW and mostly Republican control. Americans wanted a change, not more of the same. It didn't matter if the Republicans had run Jesus Christ himself, the Dems were going to win in 08. Had it been Hillary, the margin probably would have been even bigger. Despite the condition of our economy, the majority of voters are not buying into cutting taxes as being a solution, and that is the Republican answer for everything. The truth is that the Republicans could find themselves in big trouble next year. If voters continue to support raising taxes while Republicans continue to push cutting taxes, 2012 could turn into a Democratic landslide despite current polling numbers.

Romney is the only chance the Republicans have when it comes to getting the White House back, but I don't see it happening, because Romney isn't much different from the rest of the Republicans.

dunno....

but your question does offer some glimmer of hope for us down here.

Whatever it takes to get the dumb son of a bitch out of the governor's office.

There isn't a zero chance Perry will become the Veep, but it's pretty close to 0.000001%. Romney will pick a conservative as his running mate but there is no upside to Perry.

we have had plenty of kinda stupid VP's before......we got one now.....so how is having another one any different?....

I always get annoyed when I hear a Romney Supporter saying "His moderate positions will help win over votes". It's like 2008 never happened! We played that game before with John McCain. "Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate who will win the middle. Really. Why, I could almost be caught thinking about voting Republican if it was a nice centrist like John McCain.

The problem is that John McCain abandoned the moderate platform years ago. He cuddled up to the religious right in 2008 because being moderate couldn't win him the nomination in 2000. If you really want to use 2008 as an example, you have to recognize that Obama's victory was mainly due to his strong moderate appearance pulling swing voters his way.

I always get annoyed when I hear a Romney Supporter saying "His moderate positions will help win over votes". It's like 2008 never happened! We played that game before with John McCain. "Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate who will win the middle. Really. Why, I could almost be caught thinking about voting Republican if it was a nice centrist like John McCain.

The problem is that John McCain abandoned the moderate platform years ago. He cuddled up to the religious right in 2008 because being moderate couldn't win him the nomination in 2000. If you really want to use 2008 as an example, you have to recognize that Obama's victory was mainly due to his strong moderate appearance pulling swing voters his way.

I realize Libs told themselves that to justify their position, but come on.

McCain was still the guy he always was. It was the voters who didn't play along.

Because they don't want moderation, they want certitude.

They selected Dan Quayle and Sarah Palin as Vice Presidential candidates

Of course Perry is not too stupid to be the Republican VP

I believe you are an idiot.

You got me wrong Rabbi. I think Perry's compassionate stance on educating illegals is the only bright spot in the entire Republican field. I think Perry is the only decent human in the race. He seems 1 billion times warmer than Romney, who is too plastic. Every time Perry speaks, I want to hug him and protect him. He's like a little moron-boy that you want to keep safe.
I'm not used to people calling members of the USAF 'moron-boys'. Most of them are bright, articulate people who are smart enough to fly the finest, most complex fighter-jets in the world in places no one else can go. :)

The Debate in Vegas was a catastrophe for the GOP. Everyone except Paul and Gingrich came across as petty, bickering, idiots. Romney was smoother than most and even he got rattled and started losing it.
I can't see Romney or Perry being willing take the other as VP after another X months of this bullshet.
At this point, I hope Romney get the nomination and doesn't do anything stupid, like putting Whackmann on the ticket as VP. If so, I'm voting Republican and will be glad to get rid of the failure in the WH.
But if Perry, Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie are on the ticket, that's going to hurt the GOP with Independents in a big way.
I'd actually be okay with Ron Paul as VP though! He's got some truly innovative and great ideas. It's only the weird, off the wall he says, that keeps me from taking him seriously as a POTUS candidate.

Forum List

Back