Is religion just an evolutionary tool?

Every shred of historical evidence condradicts this opinion completely. You can dismiss religion's potential evolutionary purpose going forward, but to dismiss the purposes it has served to this point is wholly ignorant.

Fact: The species [mankind] has not just survived, but thrived.

Fact: An overwhelming majority of the members of the species throughout history practiced religion.

Mathematically, you'd be hard-pressed to find another single social attribute that is so highly correlated with survival. Just because you are stuggling with the "why" isn't sufficient reason to dismiss the readily observable "what."

Fact: Correlation does not mean causation.

Your inability to cope with being wrong ain't my problem bubba!

:cool:

"blah blah blah" doesn't prove anyone wrong, duder...

just like my visage on that poster on the ceiling above your bed doesn't mean that we are dating.

I don't know about mankind. I do know that seems to be your conviction.

which is why I'm always quick to post evidence and list sources, eh?

instead of, say, obscurely hinting at what life was like, uh, "before" the welfare system... in the US.. or something.

:eusa_whistle:

You aren't that impressive to anyone but yourself, and the only victories you win are the ones in your own mind. You're a fanatic, and not a terribly reasonable one.

You aren't that impressive to anyone but yourself, and the only victories you win are the ones in your own mind. You're a fanatic, and not a terribly reasonable one.

fanatics are generally reasonable people, arent they?

But no, Im no fanatic.. just quick to make points, supported by evidence no less, that you find above and beyond your personal abilities in cognition. There is hope for you though.. the Flying Spaghetti monster loves you and is working on year heart.

Which is why we all recognize that human-caused global warming is a myth.

fanatics are generally reasonable people, arent they?

But no, Im no fanatic.. just quick to make points, supported by evidence no less, that you find above and beyond your personal abilities in cognition. There is hope for you though.. the Flying Spaghetti monster loves you and is working on year heart.

Bolognese sauce will do that....

Forum List

Back