Is Reality Beginning To Seep In Yet?

Correct ; those who rebel against a monarchy are all conservative and shit. Good thinking.
Conservatives believe in limited government. A monarchy is NOT limited government.

You, a big-government statist, would have informed on the Revolutionaries to King George. Guaranteed.

So the stamp act was a heavier burden than property and import taxes?
Making excuses for King George? Not at all surprising.

Correct ; those who rebel against a monarchy are all conservative and shit. Good thinking.
Conservatives believe in limited government. A monarchy is NOT limited government.

You, a big-government statist, would have informed on the Revolutionaries to King George. Guaranteed.

Meanwhile, it was not less government they sought, merely who governed.

House of Lords... US Senate
House of Commons... HoR
Church of England... Supreme Court
George... Our George
See, your problem is you're astoundingly ignorant.

wait i thought the 47% didnt pay taxes, now you are saying their taxes are going up?

I dare say you people have no real clue as to what is going on here and only live crisis to crisis in order to paint Obama as a evil Commie.

47% end up having no federal income tax liability after deductions and credits dimwit. Some even go so far as to get a larger refund which basically reimburses all their payroll tax as well.

Some of this 47% will now have a tax liability of some sort.

Besides the fact that 47% figure is wrong... Federal Income tax isn't the only tax that is paid.

Yes, they have no liability because after they've paid ALL THEIR OTHER TAXES, they get a large chunk of their money back.

They also get a chunk of other people's money back.

wait i thought the 47% didnt pay taxes, now you are saying their taxes are going up?

I dare say you people have no real clue as to what is going on here and only live crisis to crisis in order to paint Obama as a evil Commie.

47% end up having no federal income tax liability after deductions and credits dimwit. Some even go so far as to get a larger refund which basically reimburses all their payroll tax as well.

Besides the fact that 47% figure is wrong... Federal Income tax isn't the only tax that is paid.

Yes, they have no liability because after they've paid ALL THEIR OTHER TAXES, they get a large chunk of their money back.

No it's correct because it was specifically quoted that 47% pay no federal income tax. No other tax was mentioned.

And tell me if you are not exempt from federal gas taxes when you fill up why should your income be exempt from federal income tax?

No it's correct because it was specifically quoted that 47% pay no federal income tax. No other tax was mentioned.

And tell me if you are not exempt from federal gas taxes when you fill up why should your income be exempt from federal income tax?

You mean other than you don't make enough money TO tax?

Originally, the income tax was only applied to the rich. As it should be.

You mean other than you don't make enough money TO tax?

Originally, the income tax was only applied to the rich. As it should be.
But that wouldn't be enough money to fund the Obamabloat government. So you get to kick in, too.

No problem here.

I don't have problems with Taxes in general.

I DO have problems with service cuts because taxes aren't being provisioned properly.

if you don't mind taxes then you don't pay much

That's exactly backward. Self-described Liberals are in the highest earning group. So really, it's the trailer trash Righties that pay squat, who ironically, are the biggest whiners about taxes.

Actually, maybe not ironic. Seems it's human nature to fear/loathe that which we do not know.

So maybe if you low-wage Righties knocked down some decent pay, you'll see that taxes are nothing to fear.

Just a thought.

That's "just a thought'? Sounds like a deranged wino who lives under an overpass.

if you don't mind taxes then you don't pay much

That's exactly backward. Self-described Liberals are in the highest earning group. So really, it's the trailer trash Righties that pay squat, who ironically, are the biggest whiners about taxes.

Actually, maybe not ironic. Seems it's human nature to fear/loathe that which we do not know.

So maybe if you low-wage Righties knocked down some decent pay, you'll see that taxes are nothing to fear.

Just a thought.

That's "just a thought'? Sounds like a deranged wino who lives under an overpass.

Golly; that does seem to be one post I made that's gotten more Righties panties in a twist than any other in this thread. Hmmm?

Hit a little too close to home, did I? ;) ;)

So please, allow me to apologize. Not all Righties live in mobile homes!!! I overstated that, since, well, they done pulled them there wheels off most of 'em, decades ago. Nothin' mobile about 'em.

Just a thought.

Golly; that does seem to be one post I made that's gotten more Righties panties in a twist than any other in this thread. Hmmm?

So please, allow me to apologize. Not all Righties live in mobile homes!!! I overstated that, since, well, they done pulled them there wheels off most of 'em, decades ago. Nothin' mobile about 'em.

The only men wearing panties are the ones who voted for your Dear Leader. Obama has the granola crowd all locked up.....Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes. What color do you paint your toenails?

The only men wearing panties are the ones who voted for your Dear Leader. Obama has the granola crowd all locked up.....Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes. What color do you paint your toenails?

Doesn't wash, since I see a bit of a contradiction:

1. Your panties are so far up your kazoo, obviously, that they're parting your hair;
2. I'm hard pressed to think you voted for Obama.

1. Your panties are so far up your kazoo, obviously, that they're parting your hair;

When you get up off the toilet, you have to look down to find out what happened. When you tie your shoes, you have to have someone hold the other lace for you while you try to find the hole.

Actually, you see lots of contradictions, but you ignore them because you're an indoctrinated fool.

When you get up off the toilet, you have to look down to find out what happened. When you tie your shoes, you have to have someone hold the other lace for you while you try to find the hole.

Actually, you see lots of contradictions, but you ignore them because you're an indoctrinated fool.

Okie doke. I think I'll let it go at that. God how I hate having to apologize to Special Olympics.

Have a real nice day, and try not to fall down too much.

Okie doke. I think I'll let it go at that. God how I hate having to apologize to Special Olympics.

Have a real nice day, and try not to fall down too much.

So now you're going to ridicule and mock the handicapped. Classy. All bark.

Dragging the train back on the tracks here, do you guys have any idea how much a billion dollars is?

If we wanted to pay down a billion dollars of the US debt, paying one dollar a second, it would take 31 years, 259 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds.

To pay off a trillion dollars of debt, at a dollar a second, would take about 32,000 years.

• About a billion minutes ago, the Roman Empire was in full swing. (One billion minutes is about 1,900 years.)

• About a billion hours ago, we were living in the Stone Age. (One billion hours is about 114,000 years.)

• About a billion months ago, dinosaurs walked the earth. (One billion months is about 82 million years.)

• A billion inches is 15,783 miles, more than halfway around the earth (circumference).

• The earth is about 8,000 miles wide (diameter), and the sun is about 800,000 miles wide, not quite a million

A billion dollars is a LOT of money. It takes 1 million taxpayers at $5,000 in taxes each to pay $1 billion in taxes. There are only a little over 300 million people in the United States and fewer than half of them are employed. But if 150 million of them were paying $5,000 each in taxes, the treasury would receive only 750 billion in revenue.

And yet we are spending more than a trillion dollars - that is 1000 billion dollars more than we are taking in every single year. That translates to the U.S. government spending 3 to 4 billion every single day more than it is taking in and our fearless leader wants to increase that spending.

And the people are all for cutting spending and list it as the most important thing for government to do.

Just so long as it isn't the benefit or freebie that they are receiving that is cut.

Which is how Obama got re-elected in 2012. He was not willing to take away anybody's freebies or cut spending anywhere.

He still isn't.

And we are well over 14 trillion dollars in debt that is growing at 3 to 5 billion dollars every single day.

The-Numbers-Jan-2012-Fig1_1.gif

Last edited:
Dragging the train back on the tracks here, do you guys have any idea how much a billion dollars is?

If we wanted to pay down a billion dollars of the US debt, paying one dollar a second, it would take 31 years, 259 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds.

To pay off a trillion dollars of debt, at a dollar a second, would take about 32,000 years.

• About a billion minutes ago, the Roman Empire was in full swing. (One billion minutes is about 1,900 years.)

• About a billion hours ago, we were living in the Stone Age. (One billion hours is about 114,000 years.)

• About a billion months ago, dinosaurs walked the earth. (One billion months is about 82 million years.)

• A billion inches is 15,783 miles, more than halfway around the earth (circumference).

• The earth is about 8,000 miles wide (diameter), and the sun is about 800,000 miles wide, not quite a million

A billion dollars is a LOT of money. It takes 1 million taxpayers at $5,000 in taxes each to pay $1 billion in taxes. There are only a little over 300 million people in the United States and fewer than half of them are employed. But if 150 million of them were paying $5,000 each in taxes, the treasury would receive only 750 billion in revenue.

And yet we are spending more than a trillion dollars - that is 1000 billion dollars more than we are taking in every single year. That translates to the U.S. government spending 3 to 4 billion every single day more than it is taking in and our fearless leader wants to increase that spending.

And the people are all for cutting spending and list it as the most important thing for government to do.

Just so long as it isn't the benefit or freebie that they are receiving that is cut.

Which is how Obama got re-elected in 2012. He was not willing to take away anybody's freebies or cut spending anywhere.

He still isn't.

The-Numbers-Jan-2012-Fig1_1.gif

Ooh, ooh, ohh; I do! (10^9)

What do I win?

If guns kill people, how does anyone get out of a gun show alive?

No bullets in 'em. In fact, they're rather insistent on that point. Hmmm? I wonder why?

Hahahahahahahahaha

Forum List

Back