Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin?

2 Different people, Rand is by far more Libertarian than Palin..

But I have to highly disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights Act..

Isn't it stated "That All Men Are Created Equal" in the Deceleration of Independence? We have to live up to that, saying that Government can't interfere with Companies discriminating against Blacks, Hispanics or Whites is probably the most idiotic statement I've probably ever heard..
Rand isn't running on getting rid of the CRA, though. And he isn't saying "We should go back to the days of Selma!" either explicitly or implicitly.
That's true!

He's suggesting business-owners should have the Right to discriminate-against/segregate-from ALL minorities.​

Actually people do have the right to discriminate simply because it is a part of their free-will in how they wish to live their life. I'm not endorsing it at all but why do other people believe they have the right to determine what other people do with their own stuff?

I'm beginning to see that people who claim to be liberals really believe that people only have rights that they themselves grant to others. The problem with this thinking is that it leaves each of us vulnerable to having our rights removed from ourselves by the same people. Think of Jim Crow laws where people believed that blacks could not do XYZ even though they were entitled to do XYZ simply because it was their natural right to do so. Its really the same thing because the racist said "they don't have the right to do that" and now a different group of non-racist people are saying to the resturant owners "they don't have the right to do that". How do we determine what people can and can't do and why do we even have a say in what they can or can't do when everyone is created equal to begin with?

Last edited:
Rand said the interview was fair, but the follow up wasn't. Sarah said the interview was a gotcha. Hmmmmm
If Sister Sarah is sooooooooooo anxious to try-out her hypothetical-thingy (and, prove Rand Paul was ambushed), why won't SHE show-up (on Rachel Maddow's show).....rather than limiting her appearances to FAUX Noise?? (....Where she can use cue-cards.)

:rolleyes:

She's been traumatized in the past when any questions tougher than what magazines do you read are asked.

Rachel would beat her up beyond recognition interview-wise.

At least she would have known how many states their were. According to our current president their are 57. I hope the state department updated him on the correct number when he got elected. It makes me think the guy ain't that bright if he doens't know how many states their are.

Rand Paul needed to admit, after his victory in Kentucky’s Republican Senate primary, when NPR and Rachel Maddow asked about his views of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. “As a principled critic of federal power,” he could have said, “I oppose efforts to impose Washington’s will on states and private institutions. As a student of the history of segregation and slavery, however, I would have made an exception for the Civil Rights Act.”
But Paul just couldn’t help himself. He had to play Hamlet, to hem and haw about the distinction between public and private discrimination, to insist on his sympathy for the civil rights movement while conspicuously avoiding saying that he would have voted for the bill that outlawed segregation.

Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin? - The Week

After his rocky debut on the national stage, Rand Paul canceled an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "fatigue." Sarah Palin, on Fox News, was sympathetic, saying the Kentucky GOP Senate candidate is learning, as she did in 2008, that "prejudiced" reporters and media personalities are mostly "looking for the gotcha moment" with certain conservatives. Palin's not the first person to compare Paul and herself — Bill Maher on Friday said of Paul, "It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school" — but are the two candidates really similar?

I don't think he's the new Sarah Palin. He is just the male version.

Is Rand Paul the new Sarah Palin? - The Week

After his rocky debut on the national stage, Rand Paul canceled an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," citing "fatigue." Sarah Palin, on Fox News, was sympathetic, saying the Kentucky GOP Senate candidate is learning, as she did in 2008, that "prejudiced" reporters and media personalities are mostly "looking for the gotcha moment" with certain conservatives. Palin's not the first person to compare Paul and herself — Bill Maher on Friday said of Paul, "It's as if Sarah Palin somehow made it through medical school" — but are the two candidates really similar?

I don't think he's the new Sarah Palin. He is just the male version.

You betcha !

palin_wink.jpg

Yep, liberal pussies demonized him just as quick as Palin ........

No "liberals" here, boss - I call it like I see it. Palin is as dumb as a bag of rocks and Paul was embarrassed to state his own political positions when he was being interviewed by Maddow.

No "liberals" here, boss - I call it like I see it. Palin is as dumb as a bag of rocks and Paul was embarrassed to state his own political positions when he was being interviewed by Maddow.

Rookie mistakes by both, accidentally saying the truth. the fact is the MSM would rather focus on minutae instead of fiscal discipline..."what programs would you cut?"...

The Debt just hit $13Trillion and the MSM is playing "gotcha" with B-team rookies.

Rand isn't running on getting rid of the CRA, though. And he isn't saying "We should go back to the days of Selma!" either explicitly or implicitly.
That's true!

He's suggesting business-owners should have the Right to discriminate-against/segregate-from ALL minorities.​

Actually people do have the right to discriminate simply because it is a part of their free-will in how they wish to live their life. I'm not endorsing it at all but why do other people believe they have the right to determine what other people do with their own stuff?
If you have a private-club, you're entitled to be as discriminating as you want.

When you're open to The Public....for bu$ine$$-purpo$e$....you're obligated to conduct yourself in a more-civil manner.​

If Sister Sarah is sooooooooooo anxious to try-out her hypothetical-thingy (and, prove Rand Paul was ambushed), why won't SHE show-up (on Rachel Maddow's show).....rather than limiting her appearances to FAUX Noise?? (....Where she can use cue-cards.)

She's been traumatized in the past when any questions tougher than what magazines do you read are asked.

Rachel would beat her up beyond recognition interview-wise.

At least she would have known how many states their were.
A Palin-fan, no doubt.

That'd be "...t-h-e-r-e were."

Last edited:

Rookie mistakes by both, accidentally saying the truth. the fact is the MSM would rather focus on minutae instead of fiscal discipline..."what programs would you cut?"...

The Debt just hit $13Trillion and the MSM is playing "gotcha" with B-team rookies.

Huh? That question is asked over and over again. And the answer always is... extremely generalized.

And the "gotcha game" is played quite well by Fox and the right wing noise machines, so don't even go there.

Forum List

Back