Is racism on the rise?

Whites don't need to react or fight back: Most simply don't find race as significant a factor in their existance.

Life as it actually unfolds reveals otherwise. Whites still marry each other overwhelmingly, live in white neighborhoods, go to white churches, join white clubs, just...

be white.

"Life" as you've described it is a function of culture, not skin pigmentation.

There are PLENTY of whites I'd rather not marry, have as neigbors, or go with to church.

Stop with the color. Period. No Black Spelling Bees. No Black Miss Americas. No Black Voices or Black Entertainment TV shows. No White this or that either. Stop with the color, racism ends.

That would fine... but try and tell blacks that.

How? If you "stop with the color," then who are you gonna tell?

That's the point. You only made the same point I did by asking a question instead of making a comment.

Point being, blacks don't want to "stop with the color," or they'd drop this "AFRICAN" American stuff, and everything else they continue that's for "THEIR RACE ONLY."

Seems that instead of it lessening, its getting stronger. I thought Obama being the first black (half black) president would be encouragement for the races to "settle in" and it not be as bad. And although I know its still rampant in this country, it seemed to be lightening up a smidge and folks were more tolerant...or trying to be, anyway. But to me, since Obama got in office, it is rising to higher pitch.
Or is it just me?

The Obama Presidency is nothing but one big multi conspiratorial scam.
One objective was to pacify, or to brainwash blacks, and other minorities into thinking
that America had eliminated racism, and that we are all equal. They wanted to disarm
blacks and other minorities, in America and the rest of the world.

In actuality, America is still run by the Old, and young white boy network.
And the men of the unseen hands.

"There was never any "Hope" or "Change" with Barack Obama.
"Its all a hoax, and he spent the spare change on the Wall Street Bankers"!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
:lol:

The new PC: it is okay to label someone black if they are a criminal, but not if they are President.

I finally understand!

Keep studying.
It's exactly what you are saying, and Joyce is agreeing with you, as is Buttemia, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Ravi. If some agree or disagree, that is allowed the last I heard. "The president is blac"k. That is how he is described to the world at large. To me...he was a big hope. A dream. Someone that COULD and WOULD do what he said. I didnt vote for him because he had a great tan or was tall or had big ears or a winning smile. I voted for him because I believed him. And like I said..I am disappointed.

That would fine... but try and tell blacks that.

That's the point. You only made the same point I did by asking a question instead of making a comment.

Point being, blacks don't want to "stop with the color," or they'd drop this "AFRICAN" American stuff, and everything else they continue that's for "THEIR RACE ONLY."

No, my comment was designed to illustrate that is is impossible to "stop with the color."

Its a little naive to think that if you met me, you couldn't tell what color I was any more than not notice the Octopus on my head.

Last edited:
Keep studying.
It's exactly what you are saying, and Joyce is agreeing with you, as is Buttemia, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Ravi. If some agree or disagree, that is allowed the last I heard. "The president is blac"k. That is how he is described to the world at large. To me...he was a big hope. A dream. Someone that COULD and WOULD do what he said. I didnt vote for him because he had a great tan or was tall or had big ears or a winning smile. I voted for him because I believed him. And like I said..I am disappointed.
:rolleyes:

You're a phony stormfront troll...at least Joyce and Tank can admit to their racist attitude.

You think race should only be mentioned if someone is a criminal. If they are successful they should attribute it to their white genes.

Sadly, many of our so called "conservatives" believe as you do and are just as phony.

Keep studying.

and i voted for him because he wasn't john mccain. i voted for him so he wouldn't put anyone else on the bench to destroy the high court. i voted for him so sarah palin wouldn't be anywhere near the white house.

i got those things. am i sorry that he's continued so many of baby bush's failed policies.

yes.

would my vote have changed if i knew that?

hell no.

Last edited:

No, my comment was designed to illustrate that is is impossible to "stop with the color."

Its a little naive to think that if you met me, you couldn't tell what color I was any more than not notice the Octopus on my head.

But isn't it possible that we might get to a point that we could notice the octupus without being offensive? That we could use the same words, the same language, share the same jokes, use the same teasing insults or affectionate slurs even if you had an octupus on your head and I didn't?

Is it a pipe dream to think it is possible to be who we are, everybody be able to accept that we are who we are including skin color, ethnicity, freckles, buck teeth, skinny, fat, or whatever without having to walk on eggshells and measure every word and metaphor lest we offend somebody?

:rolleyes:

You're a phony stormfront troll...at least Joyce and Tank can admit to their racist attitude.

You think race should only be mentioned if someone is a criminal. If they are successful they should attribute it to their white genes.

Sadly, many of our so called "conservatives" believe as you do and are just as phony.

Thank you for the neg. You are entitled to your opinion, Ravi and can express it in any way you see fit.
However...would you please explain how it is racist to describe a criminal that hurt someone or myself so the police can apprehend that person(s)? And also, while youre at it, if you would be so kind as to where I stated blacks are only successful if they have white genes?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Oh, and one more question, Ravi. Do you consider...say.... Bill Cosby a racist?

And that is also precisely what I meant when I said... "try telling that to the blacks." We arrived at the same conclusion by different avenues.

When we have a segment of society that absolutely refuses to allow anybody to be color blind but looks to broadcast and condemn the slightest innuendo that could be aluded to somebody's race even if they have to make it up, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

As long as the political correctness people insist that we can't use certain words or phrases or graphics or context without being branded RACIST!!!!, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

When we are not allowed to ignore skin color or ethnicity and treat everybody the same, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

As long as we allow racism to be quite lucrative and profitable, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

President Obama could have made a difference being the first President of color elected to high office, but he and his supporters chose not to allow that to happen. So instead of having a President who happened to be black, we were forced to have a BLACK President with all the required politically correct deference to his race built into it. And his supporters use that to try to squash any normal criticism by shouting RACIST!!!!

And that sucks.
I think Foxfyre nailed a lot of it right here. Like it or not "the race problem" has become a cottage industry for some on both sides of the divide. It's sad really because some of the people doing this once tilted at REAL dragons, heroically; but now that the real racist beasts are far fewer, they set up a straw dragon, and tilt at that....and then expect praise (and money, or votes) for doing it!.

Then there's Obama; a lot of Black people are heavily emotionally invested in the man's presidency(somewhat understandable) but have the idea he's supposed to be THEIR president, rather than America's president. Then, when someone doesn't like the man's politics, in their minds, that can't be true; it HAS to be about race.....it just HAS to be, because if it isn't, it might mean Obama isn't perfect, and that is not what those particular people want to hear. If THEIR president is not the greatest of all time, they feel demeaned and threatened.

I can't help feeling, that it didn't have to be this way. Back during the campaign, Obama made one of the most sensible speeches on race in America I've ever heard a politician make, and with a foot in both camps, so to speak, and a ton of political capital, he was in a unique position to start a real national conversation that would face the subject squarely and fairly. That speech would have been a perfect starting point...but it never happened. Other things got in the way, and it apparently became more advantageous to use the charge of "racism" to deflect criticism. One man, Barack Obama, could have stopped a lot of that, simply by disavowing it. That would have taken great wisdom, and great courage, but he was in a position to do it....and in the end he wasn't quite a big enough man to do it. Maybe that's expecting a level of greatness few men have; it's no sin for a man to fall short of that...but one can wish.

I don't think, I know, that this country can heal those wounds; I've seen a lot of them heal during my lifetime. Sometimes, it's hard to realize how far we really have come, in just a few decades, but we have. It's really NOT 1968 any more, and we can all thank God for it! That doesn't mean, that there aren't left over wounds and grievances, on both sides. It doesn't mean, that we've all figured out how to be fair, without being deferential or know where the line is, between caring, and patronizing or pandering. I think a lot of us aren't sure, what's reasonable to expect from one another, and what isn't. Some, (on both sides) aren't trying, and that makes it even harder for the rest of us to struggle with.

It's ironic, that the very fact that real racism in America has declined enough, for us to elect a Black man president, and the historic significance of that, has also thrown race squarely back into the political arena, with all the negative emotions that implies, and right now, that's ripped the scabs right off some of those old wounds, at least for a while. Maybe, when all the ruckus dies down, we can get back to doing what we were-inching our way toward a day, when skin color really doesn't matter any more, to any of us.

I sincerely wish to thank those who have the ability to "get" what Im trying to understand and express and wonder about. Even those who dont agree with my intentions but still "get" my confusion on the whys and wherefores. So..thank you.

Forum List

Back