Is racism on the rise?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Seems that instead of it lessening, its getting stronger. I thought Obama being the first black (half black) president would be encouragement for the races to "settle in" and it not be as bad. And although I know its still rampant in this country, it seemed to be lightening up a smidge and folks were more tolerant...or trying to be, anyway. But to me, since Obama got in office, it is rising to higher pitch.
Or is it just me?

Yes, I see this.

I think a lot of whites voted for Obama thinking they would be "forgiven" or something. But black demands and black obnoxiousness have only gotten MORE intense. Ditto Hispanic, etc.

I think that as whites fall toward the minority, you will see greater, not lesser, racial hostility. Who knew that liberals were full of shit all along, and that more diversity would NOT lessen hostility? Rather, INCREASE IT?

The decision to turn America from a white country to a non-white country will be the most impactful of our nation's history. Whether or not whites or anyone else wants to admit it.

Yes, I see this.

I think a lot of whites voted for Obama thinking they would be "forgiven" or something. But black demands and black obnoxiousness have only gotten MORE intense. Ditto Hispanic, etc.

I think that as whites fall toward the minority, you will see greater, not lesser, racial hostility. Who knew that liberals were full of shit all along, and that more diversity would NOT lessen hostility? Rather, INCREASE IT?

The decision to turn America from a white country to a non-white country will be the most impactful of our nation's history. Whether or not whites or anyone else wants to admit it.

Yes, you are correct, sir!!

The left reaps what she sows. Everytime a white politician, newsmedia, or group disagreed with the annointed one they were called racist. I think people are just plain sick of that behavior.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The left reaps what she sows. Everytime a white politician, newsmedia, or group disagreed with the annointed one they were called racist. I think people are just plain sick of that behavior.

So, how does the Kool-Aid taste?

I figure every race has been persecuted, mistreated or enslaved at one time or another through history. Some pursue it or allow it as a bargaining chip for a free ride or excuse in their lives.

I'd say get over it and move on, we'll all be better off..

Last edited:
Seems that instead of it lessening, its getting stronger. I thought Obama being the first black (half black) president would be encouragement for the races to "settle in" and it not be as bad. And although I know its still rampant in this country, it seemed to be lightening up a smidge and folks were more tolerant...or trying to be, anyway. But to me, since Obama got in office, it is rising to higher pitch.
Or is it just me?

Yes, it's gotten worse. That's because much of Obama's crew is racist and the Democrat Party supports institutionalized racism. Very sad.

I think people feel more comfortable talking about race and so it is talked about more. But I do not think racism is on the rise. I think it is decreasing in this country and the rise in the number of interracial marriages and domestic partnerships demonstrates that. Mixed couples just aren't that much of a big deal anymore.

I think white Americans are being persecuted just for being white. After all they have done for this country they should be treat with the reverence they deserve.:doubt:

I voted for Obama. I believed in what he said. I believed he could do it. And it wasnt because he was black. I am very disappointed.
I think he unintentionally set off many steps backwards when it was in the process of going forward (at least to me it was). Its like...hes the catalyst that set this new wave in motion. And that, too, disappoints me.

It's probably just you. People are just more vocal about it than usual.

I'm curious, though, why did you qualify Obama as half black?

I voted for Obama. I believed in what he said. I believed he could do it. And it wasnt because he was black. I am very disappointed.
I think he unintentionally set off many steps backwards when it was in the process of going forward (at least to me it was). Its like...hes the catalyst that set this new wave in motion. And that, too, disappoints me.

It's not new..and it's always been there.

Or is it just me?

Yes, it's gotten worse. That's because much of Obama's crew is racist and the Democrat Party supports institutionalized racism. Very sad.

This is fun. A new part of the Connie Lexicon.."Institutionalized Racism".:lol:

Ravi? Is it verbotem to mention the half white of obie wan?

Because everyone keeps saying hes black this black that black black black. I wanted to remind everyone that he does have a white mother so he is half black.

When we have a segment of society that absolutely refuses to allow anybody to be color blind but looks to broadcast and condemn the slightest innuendo that could be aluded to somebody's race even if they have to make it up, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

As long as the political correctness people insist that we can't use certain words or phrases or graphics or context without being branded RACIST!!!!, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

When we are not allowed to ignore skin color or ethnicity and treat everybody the same, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

As long as we allow racism to be quite lucrative and profitable, racism will continue to be alive, well, and exploited for personal advantage.

President Obama could have made a difference being the first President of color elected to high office, but he and his supporters chose not to allow that to happen. So instead of having a President who happened to be black, we were forced to have a BLACK President with all the required politically correct deference to his race built into it. And his supporters use that to try to squash any normal criticism by shouting RACIST!!!!

And that sucks.

Because everyone keeps saying hes black this black that black black black. I wanted to remind everyone that he does have a white mother so he is half black.
Then I guess you answered your own question.

Maybe we should come up with new labels for blacks: based on how much white blood they have in them. I doubt there is a "pure" black American, but there are many gradients of whiteness.

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back