Is Racism motivating Joe Lieberman's Jihad against ObamaCare?

First he stands against his entire political party by standing with the US military and now it's his fear of the black man that motivating his stance against ObamaCare.

Why couldn't Lieberman support the Iraqi Insurgency like the rest of his Party? Why is he so racist as to stand against ObamaCare?

Joe Lieberman: I'll block vote on Harry Reid's plan

POLITICO 44

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) said Tuesday that he’d back a GOP filibuster of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s health care reform bill.

Joe Lieberman: I'll block vote on Harry Reid's plan - Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

No. He's prolly more motivated by butthurt, spite, and money.

It should come as no surprise that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican.

Uh, a small problem with this. He wasn't a republican, his father was.

First of all Zona, that quote comes from an article making that claim , I'm well aware that Dr. King's father was a life long Republican and I'm also aware that Dr. King after Kennedy got him out of a jam promised to deliver to the democrats a lot of votes. Dr. King also voted for Johnson. When asked about it Alveda King, like many others have said that Dr. King was not a republican or democrat.

“Martin Luther King Jr. was not a Republican or Democrat,” said Alveda King, who was previously elected to the Georgia House as a Democrat, but later appointed to state and federal commissions by Republicans. “But everybody uses Martin Luther King Jr.’s name for their own benefit.”

However the article is not incorrect in regards that Dr. King would be more of a Republican at the time rather than a Democrat. Afterall it was not Republicans in office in the South that made life so difficult for African American's and George Wallace was not a Republican, so it's plausable that Dr. King was more closely aligned to the Republican party than the democrats at the time, Kennedy excluded. The main focus of the previous post was to point out that "racists" can exist in any party and to call all republicans racists is not only ignorant it shows a basic lack of knowledge of history.

Here is the link to the Article by Francis Rice

Why Martin Luther King Was Republican - HUMAN EVENTS

that's true, but many of the democrats LEFT THE PARTY when it was all said and done, and became republicans such as strom thurmond and trent lott....

but at the time, I do believe martin luther king was neutral...not a democrat or republican, he saw there was good in both parties and evil in both....imo.

Uh, a small problem with this. He wasn't a republican, his father was.

First of all Zona, that quote comes from an article making that claim , I'm well aware that Dr. King's father was a life long Republican and I'm also aware that Dr. King after Kennedy got him out of a jam promised to deliver to the democrats a lot of votes. Dr. King also voted for Johnson. When asked about it Alveda King, like many others have said that Dr. King was not a republican or democrat.

“Martin Luther King Jr. was not a Republican or Democrat,” said Alveda King, who was previously elected to the Georgia House as a Democrat, but later appointed to state and federal commissions by Republicans. “But everybody uses Martin Luther King Jr.’s name for their own benefit.”

However the article is not incorrect in regards that Dr. King would be more of a Republican at the time rather than a Democrat. Afterall it was not Republicans in office in the South that made life so difficult for African American's and George Wallace was not a Republican, so it's plausable that Dr. King was more closely aligned to the Republican party than the democrats at the time, Kennedy excluded. The main focus of the previous post was to point out that "racists" can exist in any party and to call all republicans racists is not only ignorant it shows a basic lack of knowledge of history.

that's true, but many of the democrats LEFT THE PARTY when it was all said and done, and became republicans such as strom thurmond and trent lott....

but at the time, I do believe martin luther king was neutral...not a democrat or republican, he saw there was good in both parties and evil in both....imo.

Good morning Ms. Care, I don't think I implied otherwise as far as the parties go. I do believe though that, at the time Dr. King had less in common with the Dixiecrats, i.e. southern democrats at the time than he did with the Republicans. Well Ms. Care I could point out that you neglected to mention Sen. Byrd in that mix when you were trying to point out those nasty mean old republicans *grins* like me!

More than 40,000 Americans die every year from lack of health care. Republicans complain that they are being maligned when told their solution is to die "quickly". Since they have no plan, I suspect "die quickly" might not be so far wrong. Maybe they really mean, "Die Quicker".

Lieberman comes from Conn. Which of course, is health care central. Lieberman needs to be stripped of his committees. Just like the Republicans, he doesn't give a cat's ass about the middle class. He is in it strictly for himself.

The Republicans “war on the middle class” will have its consequences. Maybe a third party made up of Americans who are sick of the religious, conservative extreme rightwingnut fringe Republican Party.

More than 40,000 Americans die every year from lack of health care. Republicans complain that they are being maligned when told their solution is to die "quickly". Since they have no plan, I suspect "die quickly" might not be so far wrong. Maybe they really mean, "Die Quicker".

Lieberman comes from Conn. Which of course, is health care central. Lieberman needs to be stripped of his committees. Just like the Republicans, he doesn't give a cat's ass about the middle class. He is in it strictly for himself.

The Republicans “war on the middle class” will have its consequences. Maybe a third party made up of Americans who are sick of the religious, conservative extreme rightwingnut fringe Republican Party.

Republicans have no plan it is true. No plan to bankrupt the nation to the demise of the middle class AND poor. No plan to force future generations to pay for our generation of entitlements. No plan to take over the health care system and ration care.

Oh wait, they do have a plan to have tort reform, allow for interstate competition and reform Medicare. But that isn't considered a plan by freedom choking Democrats/Liberals.

Good morning Ms. Care, I don't think I implied otherwise as far as the parties go. I do believe though that, at the time Dr. King had less in common with the Dixiecrats, i.e. southern democrats at the time than he did with the Republicans. Well Ms. Care I could point out that you neglected to mention Sen. Byrd in that mix when you were trying to point out those nasty mean old republicans *grins* like me!

:lol:

well mr navy :D i allowed for senator byrd in my statement that said 'many' democrats/dixiecrats left the party.... I did NOT say ALL, to allow for the ''byrds'' so to say!

HOWEVER, I do believe Byrd renounced the time in the KKK over 40 YEARS AGO...his repentance has been MORE THAN EVIDENT imo, and to continue to bash him AFTER he has REPENTED is beyond reason and just evil imo.

care

Forum List

Back