Is race relations something that can be really healed?

[...]

Stupid is telling a black person they have never been white when they have been surrounded by whites all their lives and schooled in white culture.
If I did not respect your obvious intelligence I would have paid no attention to the above excerpted comment. As it is it caught my attention because it seems to be expressing a preconscious thought.

I am absolutely certain you do not believe that observation, regardless of how close and how studious, can compare in terms of awareness with actual day-to-day experience. So I wonder just how close your observations of Whites and their culture has brought you to the actual feeling, perhaps by association, of being White.

Hillbilly is like saying negro.
I don't know about that.

"Hillbilly" is a slang term which, to me and to most Whites, refers to a specific type of Southern White, typically an uneducated, mountain-dwelling, banjo-picking yokel of the Martins and McCoy variety. While "Negro" is an academic term which designates a major human sub-species ("race").

Referring to a Black person as a Negro is respectfully correct. Referring to an individual White Southerner as a "hillbilly" is disrespectful -- even if the characteristic fits the individual.

Your references about Black people are racist; Black is Black, it cannot be downgraded to " Negro or Nig***", both of which you use with impunity! You use them, because YOU believe in them; YOU give them power in your conscious thought; its what YOU want to be valid!

Its your small minded world.

Forum List

Back