Is Race and Issue In America?

It took 5 seconds to find this....

Black arrest rates highest | Toronto Star

There had been another one.

Soon, a police officer would face the thankless task of breaking the news to yet another anguished family. The officer would have to tell Omar Sheriff Christian’s next-of-kin that the 26-year-old was dead - shot as he stood outside an Etobicoke nightclub.

His killing, like many others in the black community, sparked a tragic chain reaction. Police allege that Christian’s friends, who knew him as ‘Face’, took off in a fury to avenge his death. But instead of finding his killer that hot July night last year, they found community activist Paul Watson, 33, and his 29-year-old friend Michael Lewis. The two were on the doorstep of a Toronto housing complex.

In the space of 24 hours, three black men lay dead; their names added to a list many have mourned.

“Look at the news, all the shootings that have happened - look at the news, “ despairs Bev Folkes of the Black Inmates and Friends Assembly. “You’re seeing black faces, black faces. I don’t want to turn the TV on.”

A Star investigation, conducted by analyzing police arrest records, showed that in certain cases where police have discretion to use personal judgment, blacks receive harsher treatment than whites. Last weekend’s stories prompted a flood of letters and phone calls from black readers who say they have been subjected to racial bias by police.

And here is another actual paper on the subject....

Race, Crime, and Criminal Justice in Canada

Abstract and Keywords

Canada effectively bans systematic collection and dissemination of racially disaggregated criminal justice statistics. A significantproportion of Canada’s racial minority populations perceive bias in the criminal justice system, especially on the part of police. Aboriginaland black Canadians are grossly overrepresented in Canada’s correctional institutions. Some evidence suggests that both Aboriginal andblack populations are overrepresented with respect to violent offending and victimization. Social conditions in which Aboriginal and blackCanadianslive are at least partially to blame for their possibly elevated rates of violent offending.

It took 5 seconds to find this....

Black arrest rates highest | Toronto Star

There had been another one.

Soon, a police officer would face the thankless task of breaking the news to yet another anguished family. The officer would have to tell Omar Sheriff Christian’s next-of-kin that the 26-year-old was dead - shot as he stood outside an Etobicoke nightclub.

His killing, like many others in the black community, sparked a tragic chain reaction. Police allege that Christian’s friends, who knew him as ‘Face’, took off in a fury to avenge his death. But instead of finding his killer that hot July night last year, they found community activist Paul Watson, 33, and his 29-year-old friend Michael Lewis. The two were on the doorstep of a Toronto housing complex.

In the space of 24 hours, three black men lay dead; their names added to a list many have mourned.

“Look at the news, all the shootings that have happened - look at the news, “ despairs Bev Folkes of the Black Inmates and Friends Assembly. “You’re seeing black faces, black faces. I don’t want to turn the TV on.”

A Star investigation, conducted by analyzing police arrest records, showed that in certain cases where police have discretion to use personal judgment, blacks receive harsher treatment than whites. Last weekend’s stories prompted a flood of letters and phone calls from black readers who say they have been subjected to racial bias by police.

they struggle with their 3% blacks, then want to straighten us americans out

I post a thread, looking for real answer.

You give me stupid racist dogma.

You epitomise the problem with America.

Were I to post that identical question in Canada, on a Canadian site, my response would be far different.

Tell Jerry I said hi.
Because you have speech laws, moron.

behaviour is NOT a racial thing. I'm not sure what cardboard box you've been living in but there are bad behaved people of ALL ethnic backgrounds.
Yes, but young black males are 6% of our population and commit over 40% of the violent crimes here. So it's safe to say there is at least a cultural, if not racial component to their behavior.

Forum List

Back