Is race a socially constructed idea or a biological fact?

negroes arent black because of their skin colour.

:eusa_eh:

Well, you've proven it.

:clap2:

Being human means having the intellect to ignore your own stupidity.

so you finally realize the phenotype skin colour of a race is only an expression of the underlying continental genetic cluster rather than the cause?

:eusa_hand:

No need to emphasise your point with vocabulary.....but if it makes you feel better, go right ahead.

There is a great degree of incongruity in how the term 'race' is understood. As one who values familiarity with various understandings of things, I can confidently tell you the answer is both.

I find this question very interesting and am wondering what kind of opinions people hold regarding this question. So, please share your opinions:)

I think it's a little of both.

For example, in the 19th century, it was common for the English to call themselves the Anglo Saxon RACE. That's rather silly given the fact the English are probably the most ethnically diverse people in Europe.

That preposterous psuedo-science of that century was nothing more but ETHNOcentric poppycock.

But there are sound scientific reasons, I think, to note that humankind manfiests having slight differences between peoples whose origins (in prehistoric antiquity) are slightly different.

Some of us like to make a much bigger deal of those different characteristics than they really merit, of course.

Forum List

Back